It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocaine-laden homemade submarine sinks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

www.news.com.au

COLOMBIAN drug smugglers sank a submarine off the country's Pacific coast this week that had been filled with tonnes of coc aine destined for the United States.

The craft, with an estimated capacity of 12 tonnes of coc aine, sank in 3000 metres of water, said Admiral Edgar Cely, the navy's chief of operations.

"The important thing is that it did not get to its destination," Admiral Cely said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hmmm. Suspicious anyone. 12 tonnes of Coke, and where is it.

Well the "Colombian Navy" (whatever the hell that is) says it sank. 3km of water. How convenient.

CT

www.news.com.au

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

You can almost guarantee that it will end up in it's rightful place. On the streets all across the United States of America, Mexico, and Canada. 12 tons of Cocaine free of charge would make for quite the profit margin if resold. Especially considering the residual money they'd make off all the people going to prison for distributing, selling, and using it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
my parents accidently pulled in a suitcase full of cocain while fishing in mexico. 36 bricks that i think by the photo were about 3+ keys each, likely uncut. although the street value would be in the millions, im glad they threw it back.

who knows what you will find out there, just hope nobody sees you find it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
And while thatdecoy was being sunk to keep the cop's at bay, the other 4 subs get the looad thru..it is the oldest smugglers trick going: Give up a small load to get the big loads thru. That sub that sank probably had no more than a token amount of coke on board, and the other smuggling vessels went mewrrily on their way, distributing the goods that so many millions of people demand.

The law of supply and demand is the oldest and most established truth on earth: If a person wants something and is willing to pay for it, they WILL find it. Entrepreneurs will ALWAYS see an opportunity and turn it into cash. Thats the world as it is. The hopeless and stupid ' WARS on substances and peoples inner needs and desires will NEVER succeed. They have failed totally for the last 40 years and they will fail until ALL drugs are made available and legal to adults at low cost.

That solves the crime problem, and creates a new and legitimate market for measured and clean doses of any substance that a person wants: The HARM is reduced, the vast BILLIONS of OUR dollars spent on useless enforcement efforts can be used for better purposes and the prisons could be virtually emptied of non violent ' offenders ' overnight. It is the ONLY sensible way to go: No other plan has done anything but fail and cost money and lives, while stripping our precious civil liberties away bit by bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This must be the new "in thing" in drug smuggling.

This is not the first such story on ATS:

August 22/07 - Customs and Border Protection Crew Intercepts Submerged Smuggling Vessel Filled With Cocaine near Florida Coast.

March 26/05 - Colombian Police Find Submarine for Smuggling Drugs

I wonder how many of these are going undetected.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
my parents accidently pulled in a suitcase full of cocain while fishing in mexico. 36 bricks that i think by the photo were about 3+ keys each, likely uncut. although the street value would be in the millions, im glad they threw it back.

who knows what you will find out there, just hope nobody sees you find it.

did your parents have their own boat? I cannot imagine a Mexican boat Captain allowing a fortune to be thrown away...he would have had that sold within a day for vast thousands if he had kept it. A little MORDIDA ( bribes ) to the local cop's and there you go!! Of course it could have meant a real nightmare also..the Mexicans can be quite the meanies when they see a chance to get some money or a headline for themselves.

Your parents probably did the right thing overall; But unless the pakages were opened and examined ..HOW did they know it was coke? Did they open the packaging? If it was watertight and sealed properly, they would have HAD to open it up to see what was actually in there..interesting..wish it would have been me!! I would have turned that boat around and headed for friendly waters and not stopped until I made an American port.

The is the Customs were not around, I would be GOINE. If they were, I could just say " Het guys..look what we dragged in this morning..wanted to give it to you guys just in case it is a ' bad thing '..play it by ear...but thats just me!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

12 tons of coke a "small load?"

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Not wanting to give anyone any ideas,but, why don't they fill unarmed torpedoes with the stuff and fire from a reasonable distance from shore to evade the coastguards.

I don't know what kind of range a common garden torpedo has though.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is an interesting story and all, but in my experiance on here this is not ATS material.Maybe I am wrong ,from what I understand we are not allowed to write about drugs or the tricks of drug smuggling trade. Just wanted to let you know before we continue describing how to possibly conceal drugs or the best ways to divert attention to get loads through.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

www.news.com.au

COLOMBIAN drug smugglers sank a submarine off the country's Pacific coast this week that had been filled with tonnes of coc aine destined for the United States.

The craft, with an estimated capacity of 12 tonnes of coc aine, sank in 3000 metres of water, said Admiral Edgar Cely, the navy's chief of operations.

"The important thing is that it did not get to its destination," Admiral Cely said.

Cocaine sells in Britain for £50 a gram and thats after it has been cut and mixed. When it leaves Columbia it is normaly 100% pure by the time it reaches the British user is is about 6-7% pure.

The value of 12 tonnes of coc aine is £600,000,000. If we x10 that value according to it being mixed the potential value of this amount of coc aine is 6 billion pounds. Then factor in fines etc for possesion it could be alot more.

Do you really think the American or any Government will let that go up in smoke? Nahhhhhhh

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by eyewitness86

12 tons of coke a "small load?"

It does NOT say that there were 12 tons of coke on that sub. Read it. It says that the supposed ' capacity ' was abouit that much. They guess that based on the size of the craft, and remember that cop's always exaggerate the stuff they find as much as possible for dramatic effect and publicity. People who casually read an article and SUPPOSE that the ability to do something is the same as actually doing it would assume that the sub had a lot of coke on it due to it's size and supposed capacity. In reality NO ONE KNOWS how much coke was really on that sub because it is at the bottom of the sea and will stay there. The crew may know but they won't talk: They fear the Boss, El Jefe , much more than the cop's.

As to the other poster that is hyper-sensitive to the DRUG issue, no one was discussing personal use, or advocating breaking any laws. We CAN surely discuss intellectual ramifications of ANY subject: The purpose of limiting drug discussions is due to the fact that many times a perfectly sound subject matter relating to drugs will come up, and the deteriorate into a discussion of what one person did back in the 70's and so on..reducing the content and wasting time and space.

There are a number of threads about certain drug issues here, and as long as the rules are followed, NO subject is taboo: THAT would be in violation of the " deny Ignorance ' banner that we proudly salute!! We not need live in fear of discussing something, as long as it is kept to the proper standard and does not promote illegal activity or discuss personal use. We can discuss drug sub's in detail and the effects of drug laws and a whole range of issues relating to the subject, so don't worry too much about it. And by the way, I believe that the MOD's will step in and head off any threads that are getting close to inappropriate: Who made you the decider of what is allowed? Warnings from a Non Moderator get about as much respect as some guy trying to direct traffic in a tuxedo: Most people will ignore him anyway.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I wasnt "warning" anyone .You obviously dont have a clue about how many influential young people are on here reading this material.Have some respect for it. DWT

*snipped rude comment*my appologies

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Hey dntwastetime, I'm with you on this issue.

I've pulled back from posting on this thread twice now, couldn't hold back on the thrice.

What a trip!

Hey everybody! Check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's all I'm sayin'

[edit on 10-12-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think if you talk with in reason about this topic the non takeing of the drugs and everything else it's deemed to be ok but also on the other side what if these drugs was sold and made money for black projects ie CIA always anouther possible factor!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

Shadowy, untraceable big, BIG money for Black-Ops budgets...

NOW we're talking!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SE7EN

Ok I see ,So as long as we are not talking about taking drugs directly we can all discus the storys??? I was not trying to be a jerk, I am no angel to ATS believe me Ive had the big red warnings before.I am actually a bit confused about the policy of drug related threads myself. Time to reread the T+C's.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I belive it's a zero tol on the drugs issuse but if people post with respset about the issue then I don't see why it can't be discussed to be honest thats why i mentioned the cia issue about black op fundings guess it's up to the gods sorry mean mods.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I wasnt "warning" anyone .You obviously dont have a clue about how many influential young people are on here reading this material.Have some respect for it. DWT

*snipped rude comment*my appologies

Do you mean that the young people have great influence? Or did you mean that they are easily influenced? The ' influential ' are people that are able to make a difference, usually the wealthy and connected, those with power.

I believe you meant that there are many yound and impressionable people here on ATS, and I assume that you object to them knowing the news that is all over the net and TV about a submarine bust down in SA? Please educate me: How do we protect young and ' influenceable ' youngters from the harms of this world by ignoring them or keeping them uneducated? What good has that ever done? None. Now, if we were talking about some really adult, violent, graphic siubject and it was uncensored ( an impossibility here on ATS ), then there might be call for concern.

But to get all hyper about the ' youth ' over a story like this really is funny!! I really am curious: tell me what elements of THIS story and thread are innaprpriate for the young? They watch MTV and go to raves and make out in school but they have to be protected from a drug bust story? To me this is the typical reaction that we see from the far right..the Bush cabal tries to push this attitude..stifle information, ignore the truth, pretend it doesn't exist..PROTECT THE CHILDREN!!! The age old cry of the prohibitionist no matter the cause. Makes no sense to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You can see from the post above Agent T"Not wanting to give anyone any ideas,but, "that's all, and Agent T is not in the wrong IMO. Its brains being used to crunch numbers. Obviously the thread is OK with the moderators, and owners so ...Are you done??? People who get all huffy and nit picky and go on and on are annoying as Schmidt. I made a mistake so what. Cocaine destroyed several people I knows lives , talking about how much profit there is and all that is distasteful, and I have seen softer discussions locked up late because someone didn't see the content of the post and It appeared to divulge alot of information about the drug industry. On the other hand it truly is a legit discussion of a news event in many ways. So the point I am trying to make is ... get on with it already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join