It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby tax needed to save planet, claims expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Not sure what kind of "expert" anything would make these claims, but sounds pretty far out there if you ask me.

A WEST Australian medical expert wants families to pay a $5000-plus "baby levy" at birth and an annual carbon tax of up to $800 a child. Writing in today's Medical Journal of Australia, Associate Professor Barry Walters said every couple with more than two children should be taxed to pay for enough trees to offset the carbon emissions generated over each child's lifetime.

www.news.com.au...

Its people like this that really give the global warming fanatics a bad name if you ask me.

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

CYCLES baby........everything is a cycle.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, this is a first. Usually it's the singles who get slammed with the taxes. Everyone seems to begrudge them their carefree, childless lifestyle, or maybe it's just all the money they save to spend on themselves.

I wonder what kind of reaction this idea is drawing Down Under.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
And so begins black-market births and hiding children in attics from the all-seeing eyes of mighty government. Worse yet, drowning them in the river and hiding their bodies. You guys have rice patties ala China there?

But I guess we in the U.S. just rolled over and accepted our SS cards (which was promised to be a temporary program) with little or no resistance so the Aussies will probably just accept this new scam put upon them.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This guy is just begging to get whacked.

Why do you think that there are all of those tax breaks and other perks for having kids? Because They need a continual supply of new drones to fight their wars, collect their garbage, etc., etc.

You'll never see a tax actually levied on human reproduction, whether for environmental reasons, tax fairness or anything else.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
Not sure what kind of "expert" anything would make these claims, but sounds pretty far out there if you ask me.

Professor Barry Walters, medical expert.
He is best known for... this idiotic tax. He works at the School of Women's & Infants' Health as the Clinical Associate Professor.

Its people like this that really give the global warming fanatics a bad name if you ask me.

Fanatics of any kind already have a bad name, they are fanatics.
This guy doesn't represent any environmental movement. He is suggesting that by taxing life we can reduce carbon emissions.
This is coming from an Australian who lives in a country with a falling population. Australia's population is already shrinking, so I wonder who's population he is really worried about? China maybe?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noscitare
You'll never see a tax actually levied on human reproduction, whether for environmental reasons, tax fairness or anything else.

You're right. Here in the US we incent people to have more kids, it's a great way to increase your welfare check. Welfare, another great program paid for by those who work and responsibly reproduce.

new topics

top topics

join