It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you think michael vick will get a stiff penalty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i hope they throw the book a his stupid ass.
the verdict is supposed to come down in the next couple hours...

he is charged i think with financing illegal dog fights and 'helping' to kill 6-8 dogs....
i would LOVE to see him do 18 months in prison....

that would be fantabulous.

nothing but a rich punk....

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
sentencing starts in a half hour...

i hope his ass gets the max time...
punk

edit*
Charge(s) Conspiracy in interstate commerce/aid of unlawful animal fighting venture (Title 18, USC, Section 371)
Penalty pending (faces maximum of 5 years in prison, a fine of $250,000 and 3 years of supervised release, prosecution recommends 12-18 months)
Status 1. (federal) Incarcerated, awaiting sentencing (Currently faces up to 5 years in prison) 2. (state) Indicted by Grand Jury on charges of dogfighting and unlawfully torturing and killing dogs (awaiting trial)

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
23 months in jail and 3 years probation....

still faces state charges....

hahahahahahahah

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

2 YEARS IN JAIL

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

They should throw the book at him double time. He lied to the courts, and was still given a pretty light judgement as far as I'm concerned.

Dog fighting is cowardly #.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
23 months in jail and 3 years probation....

still faces state charges....

hahahahahahahah

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

2 YEARS IN JAIL

Hell yeah! The state courts will probably be more lenient on him, but I'm glad he's close to the 2 year mark. Probably serve half of that, which is still a grip of time. I hope he stays somewhere around 2 years after all is said and done. He deserves worse.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

yeah, he got 23 months but i seriously doubt he will serve that much. he's already been in for 3 weeks and while it is minimal, it will probably go to time served...
then the state charges.....

i am one of those whacky people that value(maybe not the right word) more than i do people.
people annoy me. people imo are inherantly bad.

just look what vick did to the dogs.....

he's going to federal prison though huh

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't know, i am glad that he got time and everything but I think he should've gotten the maximum.

Also I really think that his apologetic behaviour is fake, he is just sorry that he got caught and he is playing it up for the public. I would not be suprised at all if 5 to 10 years down the line he gets caught for doing it again.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

Also I really think that his apologetic behaviour is fake, he is just sorry that he got caught and he is playing it up for the public. I would not be suprised at all if 5 to 10 years down the line he gets caught for doing it again.

of course.....he is not sorry for doing what he did to the dogs. he is not sorry for gambling. he is absolutely sorry that he was popped....thats how it works.

he's got to play it up for the people you know....

i too wouldn't be suprised if he gets popped for the same thing again either....

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I heard on ESPN radio today that between his playing salary, bonus money the Falcons want back, and loss of endorsements, his sadistic hobby will cost him approximately $100 MILLION dollars.

And he gets to make new friends in prison. Seems about right.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
*shrugs* all i know is that atl WON'T be taking him back.

however, he's not a garbage player so some team will more than likely snatch him up when gets out.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by LordInfamous]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My position on this is that for every day that Vick Serves in Jail, she should be suspended for 2 days from the NFL.

I always thought 2 years was an acceptable sentence, and the 23 months seem to fit the bill, so after being gone for 2 years, i think the NFL should suspend him for another 4

This is whhy i contend that Vick will never play in the NFL again, mabye in the CFL or something, but not at the NFL, i doubt th NFL will let him right back in, and a few years out of the game, isnt going o propel him into the upper division of NFL quaterbacks.

Vick has showns flashes of increadible talent, but has never devloped into a top-teir starting quaterback, and i didnt think he was on the way to. A carrer 54% passer, with a 75 QB rating, thats just bad, like Rex Grossman bad... FOr the last couple years i held the position that the Falcons should have been playing Schawb, then they trade Schawb, and Vike goes down, and then they have no one at QB.

ATL should try to get Brady Quin from the BRowns, or D. Anderson if they dont resign him. Either MIA or ATL would do themselfs good to try to get an upgrade at QB, i dont think MIA would make the trade, as they just drafted some guy, and ATL is sending out lame QB's like Harrington, and Lewtwich (rediclusly tough, but not a great QB), and i shouldnt have to tell you why HArrington stinks. But you do have Chris Redman... so...um... LEftwithch was once carried down the feild 60 yeards by his lineman while he had a broken leg... dudes tuff.

join