It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate the US Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've had no hate in my heart until this morning. I'm sitting here coughing and having a very difficult time breathing.

I have applied for disability after working 40 years and paying my taxes dutifully. The gov. will not take my doctors word concerning my health.

So, this day I am going 100 mile away from my home, which has a hospital 5 miles from my house, to a hospital for a breathing test. I was told not to do any inhalers or my doctor prescribed nebulizer treatment when I got up this morning. I did have a few puffs of my inhaler so I could get dressed, otherwise I would have had to go in my jammies.

I'm scared. I don't know anything about the hospital I'm going to. The breathing test I'm having is very uncomfortable. I'm having difficult breathing now. I had to take a xanax to be able to get in the small testing area that I will be in as I have a fear of not getting enough air and this little space I'll be in is so small and the nurse will be controlling my oxygen and breathing.

My SO is going with me and knows that if I have problems I will try to tear the walls down and he will help me also.

It is taking my energy to type so I'll conclude this thread when I get home from the hospital.

I'm usually very strong but this morning this little woman is a scared baby.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i feel your pain dizzie....
play their game as it really is your only choice......don't let up.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
SSi/disability is really messed up. They will give it to people who don't need it and/or abuse it but someone who really needs it such as yourself gets the runaround.

This issue hits kinda close to home for me on the other spectrum of things. My mom gets SSi for my brother and there really is nothing wrong with the kid and it makes me mad that she is basically abusing the system.

I hope you get it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
SSDI is hard to get on. They do it on purpose to weed out the people who are faking. It took me almost two years and a lawyer, but I finally got approved.

There are lawyers who will represent you and not take payment until you get your retroactive check. Once you're approved, you get paid back to the date you first applied.

Look in your phone book under Disability or Social Security lawyers. Check out the ones you find on your local BAR association website.

It can be done. It took my stepdad YEARS. And he has a heart condition. But he finally got approved.

You can do it, too. You're entitled to it. You paid into the system, it's your money. Don't let them make you give up.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I did survive the ordeal today. It took 3 hours to do all the tests because the nurse had me repeat each test several more times than normal because the results were not acceptable. I tried very hard to do as she instructed but there was no way my lungs could do any more than they were doing. About an hour into the testing the nurse said she didn't like the way I was sounding or looking and ordered a breathing treatment to be standing by in case of an emergency. My chest hurt and finally she stopped the testing and gave me the treatment.

I will not give up. If I'm turned down I will get a lawyer and fight like heck.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

This flat-out sucks. Been there, done that; I feel your pain and sense of outrage.

Here's hoping and praying that you get a good lawyer who can argue persuasivly in your favour, so that you may get the appropriate payment.

Best of luck,
Chrisbasa.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by chrisbasa]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Please don't give up Dizzie...I know how you feel trying to get dsability from the military...good luck to you

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hope it all works out for you, hang in there.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
[edit on 12-11-2009 by tristar]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It did all work out very well. I had no problem .

But I still dislike the US government.

Thank you for your concern.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Perhaps that is not so much representative government

as an economic takeover's tyranny

reducing government to cleptocrazy's kapos.

As someone with PTSD, OCD and numerous health complaints, receiving disability in Kanada

i am being exterminated for the vulnerability

by private money interests, not the good people who try to serve their community,

but those who seek to profit on their misfortunes

People like my ex husband and his brother - they are products of Ceausescu's socially engineered

mass misogynist murder, and kidnapping and perjury is their lucrative solvent

of money making,

when they are not exploiting the resentment people have to the tax burden oat eaters

to eliminate fiscal fears, or preserve their slave trade profits.

community.theblackvault.com...

www.lifesitenews.com...
news.findlaw.com...

I think, people would be best served by disabusing themselves of the idea of representative government,

and waking up to the fact that powerful economic interests

have transformed democrazy to a tribal war.

top topics

join