It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Envoy: War with Iran may be unavoidable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Israeli Envoy: War with Iran may be unavoidable

www.jpost.com

It must be clear that if Iran does not cooperate with the West on the nuclear issue, military confrontation will be unavoidable, incoming Israeli ambassador to Britain, Ron Prosor, was quoted as saying Sunday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Man, it just doesn't stop. Here is a good quote

"There needs to be full verification of what is happening in Iran," said the Israeli ambassador. "In Israel there is a belief that the Iranians are continuing with their nuclear weapons program."

How many times has Israel's nuclear program been investigated? Aren't they pretty hush hush about the whole thing? It just seems a tad hypocritcal to me.

Or this one

He said Iran's nuclear ambitions were like "an express train traveling at high velocity to reach its destination at the end of the tracks", while the diplomatic train to convince it to give up its activities was like a "slow train that stopped at every stop while some people get on and others get off."

So, are we officially ignoring the most recent news that says that they aren't making nukes? How that can be twisted into being on a high velocity train, hell bent on nuclear weapons seems to be a stretch to me.

This wouldn't aggrivate me so much if they weren't toying with so many lives.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

You have to realize the adverse affects for Israel if Iran attains the means for nuclear weaponry. This will be the ultimate "check-mate" and mark the end for Israeli dominance in the region. The NIE released reports that forced America to end their posturing towards Iran, and now Israel is on it's last leg in attempts to maintain some sort of public opinion in their favor regarding the issue.

Good guys-1
Bad guys-0

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I came across this comic and just found it too apropriate not to share.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

A lovely new meaning to pre-empty strikes, sad but in America many many people still believe anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

You have to realize the adverse affects for Israel if Iran attains the means for nuclear weaponry. This will be the ultimate "check-mate" and mark the end for Israeli dominance in the region.

I agree. I just dont think it is such a bad thing.

All quotes below from the article.

"At the current rate of progress Iran will reach the technical threshold for producing fissile material by 2009,"

No they wont. This is a LIE.

"This is a global threat and it requires a global response. It should be made clear that if Iran does not co-operate then military confrontation is inevitable. It is either co-operation or confrontation."

Can anyone tell me a time Israel has cooperated in anything that didnt serve its own interests? Such hypocrisy. Who is Israel to make such demands when it wouldnt play along if the situation were reversed.

"There needs to be full verification of what is happening in Iran," said the Israeli ambassador. "In Israel there is a belief that the Iranians are continuing with their nuclear weapons program."

Source

Last time I checked, Israel was the only country in the middle east with a nuclear weapons program. At least one that is know to exist, not merely a belief.

CT
edit to add source

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Israel also will kill anyone that goes near Dimona and not accosiated with the programme - and that includes the IAEA.

they also have not signed the NPT (unlike Iran) and the Reactor at Dimona is leaking.

Israel have a declared First Use policy *The Samson Option*

who do you trust?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

I agree with you. It's not a bad thing, in fact, it's exactly what the region needs. This will leave Israel no choice but to play by the rules everybody else does. This is the decline of the once great playground bully we know as Israel. We can all rejoice.

It's a sad time when you're crossing your fingers that a country attains nuclear weaponry, isn't it?

All is fair in love and war, I guess.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As I have said before, I find it hard to imagine that the 16 US intelligence agencies did not consult with Israeli intelligence before releasing the Iran NIE report. If the Israeli's have information to prove what they are saying, they would have shared it. It would be my guess that they don't.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

They don't want to play by the rules, because they consider themselves to be among those who make the rules for everyone else.

That's why their indignant squawks are growing more strident.

We weren't supposed to hear about the Iranian's 2003 decision to curtail their nuclear weapons program, until after the fact.

The US intelligence agencies were used by the Bushhawks as a patsy to get what they wanted in Iraq, and this time around, with nuclear war on the table, perhaps the three letter crews decided to play this one a little different.

With every passing day, the PTB are being progressively backed into a corner.

They may be driven to take desperate measures.

Plan "B" if you will.

Like a false flag event of such calamitous proportions, that the spilled blood of the innocent will wash away all mainstream resistance to their venal plans of conquest.

It'll happen quickly and decisively, once all the pieces are in place.

There'll be no time for second-guessing or debate, as the events transpire, and, of course their toadies, the mass media, will chime-in and lend their support.

And then we'll all be marched off the precipice, and into the abyss.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
You have to realize the adverse affects for Israel if Iran attains the means for nuclear weaponry. This will be the ultimate "check-mate" and mark the end for Israeli dominance in the region.

Yes, it must surely be horrifying to realise someone may become EQUAL to you when you are the schoolyard bully...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

It would agree that at least some of 16 US Intelligence Agencies who contribute to the NIE would have some kind of consultation with Israel before issuing the report. I don't agree that the US would have necessarily included the Israeli intelligence information in the NIE. I think the recent NIE was totally corrupted by political influence and opinion. All sides wanted to use this report to promote their agenda. I can't say who succeeded in this contest but it is clear that a lot of people (not just war-mongers) don't believe the NIE.

External Link

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

Just goes to show you, Lincoln was right, you can fool some of the people, all of the time...

As an independent nation, Iran doesn't owe an explanation to anyone to whom they're not in debt.

This situation, these bellicose demands by Israel/BushCo to Iran is not unlike a bank, to whom you owe nothing, sending a bill-collector around, banging on your door, to demand that you go into debt to them.

Who really has the moral high-ground here?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That's a viable and unquestionable source of information. "Ask the American people." I'm surrounded by the same idiots who voted in our current figurehead twice, was ready for war with Iraq with no solid links, just catch phrases, for example; "Evil of axis." Or "WMD's." And the most affective "Terrorists and evil doers." The same people who are currently on course to vote Hillary "Nuking Iran is funny" Clinton. Time to awake. Minds like your own have afforded us too many of our civil liberties in pursuit of the "bad guy." We need to start striving for peace, not more skepticism.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I for one dont like to bring together the Iran nuclear issue, with the Palestinian one, but I been thinking that may be Israel doesnt see its on their best interest to have the U.S. and Iran easing there way back from the highest point of tensions during this crisis.

I always been a believer that Israel would like to have peace in the region, but why would they be kicking and screaming about this recent development? Its like they would like hostility and instability in the region because as long as the U.S. is involved in conflict with some ME nation, Israel somehow benefits from that.

I think Israel position comes from a position that they wanted to see Iran been bombed by the U.S. as payback for all the support that they have given to Hamas and Hezbollah through the last 20 or so years. Israel ans its powerfull lobby, could not get it done and thats why they using the last comments just to see what kind of reaction they get but IMO they are just whispers in the air because no one is paying attention to them right now in this issue.

Its pathetic when a nation like Israel that BTW got spanked by Hezbollah a couple of summers ago, that every one seems to think that has one of the best military in the world, dont have the courage to mount a defense for themselves and have to bring BIG BROTHER to the fight. It seems to me the bully is scared now, they are loosing there grip in the region and when it finally comes down to deal for the Palestinian issue, they would have to sit at the table as equals and no from the position that they are use to be.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Somehow I just don't believe that Israel has a whole helluva lot of room to talk on this one. I mean, don't they have a nuclear weapons program in defiance of the IAEA and the UN!?
Have they EVER allowed an inspector to come into their military complexes and investigate?

Personally, if Iran having a nuclear weapon offsets the agressive Israeli posture in the region, levels the playing field and introduces some humility into Israel's foreign policy then I think that we ought to just ship one over to them with a great big bow on it!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

As far as that poll goes, the fact is that ordinary people including myself don't know for sure because we don't have access to the intelligence. Given that the last NIE gave the opposite conclusion, I can understand the skepticism. I'm not sure what to think myself, but I have a feeling that unlike previous reports they were very restrained in drawing any conclusion further than the hard evidence shows. That is what they are supposed to do. I think they also now know the result of speculating when dealing with an administration with an agenda.

edit to add: The thing that bothers me the most about this report is that GB's WW3 statement last month after being told this intelligence. I'm not saying that Iran is no longer a threat, but that statement is simply a repeat of what he said before the Iraq war and extremely misleading. I think we have had enough of that.

[edit on 12/10/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The war on Iran most likely starts next year.

We'll see how the time goes.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The war would happen now or later, doesn't matter. Israel is making the right decision by becoming proactive against Iran, who is dead set on its' destruction. Pre-emptive action is probably the best form of defense Israel can take, it isn't that large of a country, it wouldn't be capable of jeopardizing the security of its' people. As it is, Israel is blessed and deserves all the support from the U.S., they are warriors against terrorism.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Iran isn't terrorizing anyone, this is about the nukes they DON'T have. So how does that make Israel warriors against terrorism in this scenario? It doesn't, it makes them the oppressors.

You know what though? It doesn't matter how many people try to warn against the attack, it's going to happen, because Israel's politicians are too ignorant to see the outcome.

Anyone who takes a glance over the state of alliances in the region will know, if Israel goes to war with Iran, Israel is about to get royally effed up. The people in that region are already fed up with Israel as it is. The last thing Israel should be doing right now is flexing its muscles. They should be trying to get the people back on their side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join