It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reprocussions of my abduction/contact experiences.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

To put my two cents in. I had a similar experience when I was 24. I was told by everyone that I imagined the whole thing and that nothing of the sort happened. I was told that I was found unresponsive and lying in the street by medics. To this day remember every bit of what happened.

For a while I told everyone who would listen. But each person told soon avoided me. Finally I decided, instead of being angry I would just move on and pretend it did not happen also.

Two weeks after the "incident" two persons who previously denied everything told me they had to speak to me about "what happened" but that it wasn't safe right now. Apparently it was never safe. Within a year I moved out of state and took a corporate position with a multinational corporation. When I finally moved back to Cali my father approached me about the subject. I told him what's done is done. I have no need to revisit it nor do I have any animosity for those involved. I have to say he seemed relieved not to discuss it.

While this last bit proves not the truth of the matter, I found peace in a situation that was beyond my control or ability to fight at the time. Your story reminds me of me at that time in my life. When you think no one in the world is going to believe you or help (especially in a small group environment) it is very easy to not make the right choices. Moving away helped me because everyone told me I was crazy and that I needed THEM to control my life. Far from it. All I needed was room to breath.

I agree with some of the other members here, that you should file a complaint. Borrow a grand from your Mom and have a lawyer draw it up. You dont even have to confront the police. But have something on file in several locations. You can also for a minimal charge file a copy of the complaint and your written words with (believe it or not) the Writer's Guild of America for 20.00. I believe the written word is kept indefinately. At least there no one can "erase". The more places you put it the better.

Do not do nothing at all.

If, per chance, you have other issues - meet them head on and speak with your Mother. I am sure she would not misdirect you.

[edit on 12/11/07 by rezial666]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The thing that always made me laugh was - I rode in an ambulance and was seen by a doctor at the hospital furthest from my home. And guess what? I was never billed by the ambulance or the hospital. In fact they never even admitted me. Odd thing for any hospital these days?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
just my two-cents. imo indierock does not fit the pattern of a paranoid schizophrenic. i have a close relative who suffers from this illness. you would never hear the words, "maybe i am nuts" from him. hisdelusions are so real to him that he does not question them. to him, everyone else is wrong and he is right.
without a forced situation, he would never have even considered psychiatric help. because he has no doubts about his delusions.
i see indierock questioning himself. which seems to me a very sane and rational process when you have experienced something out of the ordinary. a paranoid schizophrenic would not display doubts about himself or his convictions.
i do beleieve that something traumatic has happened to you indierock. as to the total reality, i don't know. i question myself about experiences that i have had. but maybe i am nuts. maybe it would be better to be nuts than to actually have been right about the reality. lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

Oh my god, Rezial, that's heavy. You didn't wanna know what had happened? Not at all?

You just roused another memory in me... and I'm not gunna discuss it, but it was very very similar to what you just described. This similar event happened when I was 16.... maybe I'll tell it to you in private.

happy tree guy, u2u is on it's way in one second! okay maybe a few minutes.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
just my two-cents. imo indierock does not fit the pattern of a paranoid schizophrenic. i have a close relative who suffers from this illness. you would never hear the words, "maybe i am nuts" from him. hisdelusions are so real to him that he does not question them. to him, everyone else is wrong and he is right.
without a forced situation, he would never have even considered psychiatric help. because he has no doubts about his delusions.
i see indierock questioning himself. which seems to me a very sane and rational process when you have experienced something out of the ordinary. a paranoid schizophrenic would not display doubts about himself or his convictions.
i do beleieve that something traumatic has happened to you indierock. as to the total reality, i don't know. i question myself about experiences that i have had. but maybe i am nuts. maybe it would be better to be nuts than to actually have been right about the reality. lol.

Hey sizzle, nice to hear from you again!

Did you get around to figuring out that site was a scam? Well... I dunno if it was a scam either, but it was kinda fishy.

Thanks for the good words.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
yes indierock, i did figure it out. but only after it was pointed out by you and some other alert ppl here. if you go back there you will see that i made a public apology for submitting the false info.
i did not get around to apologizing to you for my remarks, so let me do that now. seems i misjudged you. sorry dude.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's okay. Did you judge me, even? I'm sorry, I misjudged you, too. Now we're even!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Thing is I knew what happened. I only doubted myself when everyone insisted I was crazy. I even wrote it all down. Problem was when two people decided they needed to tell me something about "what happened". I cannot explain the look they gave me. I seriously thought they were afraid of something. One of them is now no longer with us and the other drinks to intoxication every day. I have never discussed what they wanted to say since.

If the one ever has the courage I would listen. But I think we are way past that ever happening.

I just have to say - you would be surprised the people who can betray you.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow man, deep stuff.

Why do people constantly bring up state of mind here? Everyone has a different set of synapses so the world is varied from one person to the next. In a thread such as this, what is the point of bringing it up? If it is for their safety, I can understand, but it shouldn't be used to debunk, because that's not a useful or constructive method.

I ask many of you here, as far as mental "problems" go, what do we know of them? Not much. Autism is considered a "problem," but a large number of autistics grow up to lead normal lives or are naturally more mentally gifted than the majority of us.

If anyone has read "The Holographic Universe," you'll understand what I'm saying. A scientist once said that taking '___' was a good way to tear down the natural barriers that our brain imposes upon itself during our adolescence. Our brain does this for survival's sake, because hey, we can't sit there and laugh at teletubbies or big bird all our lives. In other words, the reason the world seems so grandiose when we are children is because those barriers are not their yet. The woods behind my house when I was a kid seem like fairy-tale scenarios in my memory. But I just saw those woods about a year ago, and they look like a small clearing amongst some trees with a little marsh.

So what I'm theorizing (very poorly probably) is that different states of mind aren't always bad. Lets say that schizophrenia is a way for your brain to see another dimension, another reality beyond what is happening here. This is way out there, but maybe it might make sense to some of you.

I've gone alittle far into this but all I'm saying is that if you have questions to his story, ask them, I don't see what bringing his mental capacity publicly does for the discussion.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
one final note indie. it takes real courage to put yourself out there as you and some of the other experiencers have. as for me, i know i could not take the heat. i do enjoy the input from the sceptics. because they give you a chance to look at both sides before forming an opinion. especially the ones who give their reasons for doubt as opposed to some who just scream, 'you are a liar, i don't believe you and go away!'
that type thing strikes me more as hysteria than intelligent scepticism. hats off to you and others for their bravery.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by sizzle]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey Santa.... I havent read that book, but have been meaning to.... but yeah I did acid once, just a hit, and it made me realize that some of the ideas I'd been playing around with for a while were in fact realities... like the whole universe being one, and reality as being yours and yours alone to make of it because each person in the entire universe/multiverse is just "God" simultaneously experiencing itsself into infinity... so when someone has "psychotic disorders", maybe his brain is just wired in a way as to where he's viewing glimpses into different dimensions...and it just kind of overloads their system, and they can't grasp the "reality" that everyone else is viewing... because their reality is all mixed up between different views of different dimensions.

As for doing acid tooo much.... one of my friends from high school once drank a whole vial of acid, between 50 and 100 hits, I think... and he never came down. He's now in a mental institute because he believes he's a glass of orange juice. So... if you take acid... take it in small doses, and rarely do it. Because it can really mess you up horribly.

back to the subject at hand, i still gotta u2u happy tree guy.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Hey sizzle, thanks for the boost.

Not to sound offensive or anything, but who IS that in your avatar???

It takes balls, I guess. It's also kinda lame sometimes and you wish you never had these things happen, therefore you never have to think about it...

but I guess The Matrix illustrates the choice pretty well... Some people NEED to know. Other people WANT to believe. there's the red pill or the blue pill. It's weird how much that movie makes sense now.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
... In other words, the reason the world seems so grandiose when we are children is because those barriers are not their yet. The woods behind my house when I was a kid seem like fairy-tale scenarios in my memory. But I just saw those woods about a year ago, and they look like a small clearing amongst some trees with a little marsh.

But those barrier's come up in full living color during our adolescent years where they last into early adulthood. It's during this time frame where many cannot see beyond the hedges where those greener pastures lie... for many, all they only see is A WALL.

You can take it from there...

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

HAHA, I'm so sorry for your friend man, but for some reason I just find it hilarious when people think they are food items. I knew someone who sold and they were under his shirt when it started raining. He got about 3 sheets worth into his skin. He just walks around town yelling at municipal buildings and school buses now.

Off topic, DAMMIT.

But really, the reason one cannot go after someone's mentality is because we all have our own highs. I probably drink too much, while the guy posting next might really like feet. We all have our own thing.

I have a strong belief in all this stuff so I will believe him until he says something like "I am a glass of orange juice". Well, maybe he is in another dimension no?

Bottom line, he sounds stable enough to me. Course that comes from someone who isn't very.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Palasheea, while many of your posts confuse me alittle and I believe we may have even had an argument on one of your threads before, I completely agree with you here. That's a solid statement and probably more direct than I was saying it.

Denying ignorance is just tearing down the wall, right?

Ah poop, I guess I'm the guy who likes feet too.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

Denying ignorance is just tearing down the wall, right?

Ah poop, I guess I'm the guy who likes feet too.

SantaClaus,

What a heartwarming response and I feel so much better now.

I mean, I really do!

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Likes feet?

... can't ... comprehend.

But I guess it's good to like feet? I like hand, also. woops.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I applaud your courage in coming forward with your story. --------------------PC

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Likes feet?

... can't ... comprehend.

But I guess it's good to like feet? I like hand, also. woops.

My post prior to that post will explain. It was a less than stellar shot at a less than stellar joke

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Friend or no friend. Anyone hold me down and inject me with a unknown would have eaten a bullet at the earliest convenience. Seriously I would have shot them in the face.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join