It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man demonstrates a simple way to create Stonehenge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Is this theory implying that the stonehinge was built by one person? The large stone that man spent all day standing upright could have been done by about 25 people + or -, a few ropes and 15 minutes.
This is just a another example on how leverage works.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
im not impressed... sorry.

While it is somewhat of a mystery to how stonehenge was formed, the bigger mystery is the position in which it rests. I dont feel like searching on line atm but if you guys do a simple google search of stonehenge you can find all the information there.
At certain times during the year the sun matches up perfectly with the structure, scientists believe that is why stonehenge was formed in the first place, something to do with the alignment of the earch and sun.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Errr... How can that be a bigger mystery? You just explained it in a couple of sentances. Yes it probably has to do with the alignment of the sun and that's very easy for ancients to figure out by observing the sky: Every ancient civ did it.

Its not like they slapped them down on random and went "OH SH*T LOOK AT THE SUN COMING IN PERFECT BETWEEN THE STONE, NO WAY!!!".

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I do not think stonehedge is build like this. Which techique they were using to put this large stones on top, in perfect order?
But I have to tell you this guy is amazing. Move huge stones like that is very impresive.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
maybe this video shows that its not that stonehenge is a feat of engineering per se, but a feat of ingenuity.

once you have the rocks, yes the logistics of moving them becomes an issue, but even that roller track at the beginning can be a clue. but people have been moving large objects for a long time now in some fashion or another. just likely not something we as laymen would think of initially.

most of this is just simple machines used in the way they were meant to be. but its a brilliant find, for sure. I'd love to see more, since i can see how the top caps can be put up in this manner, but not the actual putting them into place how they are part. I have my theories seeing teh pivot part, but I'd like to see it done, and by someone who obviously knows what hes doing.

"Give me a large enough lever, and a place to stand, and I will move the earth."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join