It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man demonstrates a simple way to create Stonehenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
snarfd.com...

Wally Wallington has a strange hobby: he moves heavy stuff. By himself. Stuff like barns.

Wallington has discovered what he believes is the incredibly simple secret of how the ancients managed to build Stonehenge. He demonstrates in this video. Got a couple pebbles?

Now I am not sure if anyone has seen this or not, but I thought it was very impressive.

Let me know what you think.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This is right on the money!!

here is a link to his official website: www.theforgottentechnology.com...

Maybe we did build even the pyramids, without Alien help afterall?

I especially like where he moves an entire "huge" barn with this simple principle

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Outstanding post! Thank you so much for this information!

I have always been interested in the Pyramids, Stonehedge, and most recently The Coral Castle in Florida. I honestly have lost sleep knowing that there was a simple answer as to how they were built. I understood the lever and fulcrum aspect... but it was the pebbles and rolling cradle that helped to put it all together for me.

Wally Wallington is da man!!!

Starred and flagged!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I knew i seen this on TV.

It took reading the story , and on Page 3, viola'
the Disney Channel and the Discovery Channel rcorded his feats
in 2004.

(i also think it was Gazrock among others who pointed to this technique
by this man... hit the archives button....)
But anyhow, it is good to present the info to a newfound audience of readers/listeners/participants with questions.
...as i do not believe that ancient inscriptions show or illustrate the same
mechancs & engineering the Mr Wallington employs,
even if the ancients did their deeds a smidgen different,
the end results speak for themselves

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
Maybe we did build even the pyramids, without Alien help afterall?

Yes, although we used sound levitation.

Ed Leedskalnin's last clue - "The Secret To The Universe Is 7129 / 6105195"

cos(6105195) = cos(45)
45x16 = 720 = 360x2 = 2 rings

cos(7129) = cos(71)
71x16 = 1136 = the speed of sound

He probably learned from ancient knowledge.

www.crystalinks.com...

Today modern scientists are just starting to learn about it, yes we are far behind ancient technology..

www.youtube.com...

Ralph Ring talking about sound levitation.

www.youtube.com...

This leads us to the fact that gravity can be nullified by sound. Think of the possibilities.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Very impressive. And simple. However, did you notice when he spun the large blocks around on the pebble it was on TOP of a thick concrete pad?
I wonder where the ancient builders got their pads from? Any remnants of those found?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Isn't there a thread for this already? Nevertheless, the method is pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure other people have figured this out as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Yes i have heard and read about acustic levetation, the tibitanian monks and seen some videos aswell of moder acustic levitation. And i believe it aswell.

In Denmark we actually have a saying, when someone is eksaturating something, we say: "yeah yeah and monks can fly"

Who is to tell? Maybe back then in the ancient times Gravity wasnt the same as today and levitation might have been easier?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Very nice post. A simple explanation for one of our 'great' mysteries. I am always one that is open to logical explanations. Of course the alien theory and such on the pyramids is more sexy but this so far is the most practical.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Isn't there a thread for this already? Nevertheless, the method is pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure other people have figured this out as well.

Its been posted every once in a while probably for years.

And yes, it really shows that its all about dedication and clever solutions. If you do this for hundreds of years through several generations, you're gonna know how to work big stones.

People always look at simplification for a solution. Oooh aliens... Yes and aliens convert these symbols to countless thousands ones and zeros too because humans cant possibly do that, it'd take too long!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Great post and video!! I've always believed that things especially monumental, can be accomplished with the most basic of methods and items around us. I sometimes think that with our great minds of today, they just over think it and forget the very basic rules and just disregard them as, that would be impossible.

Nice to see some of these ancient techniques demonstrated by 1 man and in real time.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Nice post, It just goes to show you that with humans if there is a will to do it we will find the way.

I wonder how long it would take him by himself to build an exact replica of stone henge?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Very Impressive!

Nice find OP!
This is just simply amazing

The first time I saw the picture of the stonehenge, I tried to think on how to actually make those.

Well, this seems to be one way of making that.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Amazing!This guy is absolutely incredible !It still amazes me that ancient man figured stuff like this out.Flagged and starred.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I doubt very much that stonehenge was built using this method. As a poster has already mentioned in this thread this technique would not work moving a block across soft ground as the pebbles would just sink into the ground under the weight of the rock. As the stone that stonehenge is made of came from a site over 150 miles away this would have been almost impossible at the time.

As for the way he got the large stone into the pit in the ground, how did he get the first bit of wood underneath the block in the first place? The video only shows from the 3ft high point and I don't see how he possibly got it that high without using some heavy lifting machinery.

I must admit the man is obviously very smart and I was very impressed with what he could do but it does not really explain how a monument such as stonehenge was built over 4600 years ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thanks for sharing! Ingenious! If one man is able to do that, how much more if a hundred could accomplish.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by daviroo
I doubt very much that stonehenge was built using this method. As a poster has already mentioned in this thread this technique would not work moving a block across soft ground as the pebbles would just sink into the ground under the weight of the rock.

Then why use just the soft ground?

If ancient people had the same technique, it'd take them just as long as you to figure out that it wouldnt work so easily. They werent complete idiots.

The Thunder Stone was moved in an elaborate way using copper ball bearings (like the pebbles). It weighed 1500 tonnes compared to the pedestrian 20-50 tonnes of the Stonehenge stones.

I have not provided any idea as you see, simply because there are multiple ways to bypass "soft ground".
- Use alot of flat base stones
- Use wood
- Wait until the ground is frozen in the winter
- Whatever else one can come up with

Out of these, I'm guessing wood is the best (and easiest) bet. If they could get many very round stones at about the same size, it would have been *easy* to transport the stones!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Surely an easier way would be to pile up earth to the level of the topstones, dig a pit then simply drop the "pillar" stones into the pit, put the top stones on horizontally then remove the earth.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Traps

It isn't just about the stacking. It is about moving them from point A to point B. Your theory doesn't really account for the transportation of the stones.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Traps

It isn't just about the stacking. It is about moving them from point A to point B. Your theory doesn't really account for the transportation of the stones.

Indeed it doesn't, however, the transportation of the stones is less of an issue. They were probably moved via a combination of boat and rollers.

I am not trying to cause an issue here, I am just confused as to why people think it was such a feat of engineering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join