It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inexplicable Disappearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In the mail, I had received a hard back book from Time that contained stories of the paranormal, UFOs, myths, monsters and more. There was a story within about a man who had set out on a long jog in, I believe it was somewhere in Europe. The man was followed by a few friends in a car to document his lengthy run. During this trip, something strange happened. The man was seen by his friends that were in the car to pitch, and fall forward in front of the car. When the men got out to see if he was ok, the man was gone, no trace what so ever.

Does anyone remember reading this story or one similar? If so, what are your thoughts? I realize that it is still a story in a book so its authenticity is in question. Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hmm, thats pretty weird, i've never heard about that

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
Hmm, thats pretty weird, i've never heard about that

I've never heard of it either, but still an interesting story nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I will see if I can locate that book tonight sometime, find the story and possibly get some more details as far as the date goes.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I seem to remember reading that in a book a while ago. As for what book it was I can't remember off the top of my head! I'll have a look for it tho.

As for what I think of it... I'm not sure. I mean, it's not the first time this sort of thing has been reported. I'm pretty open-minded on vanishing incidents such as this although I don't have a theory for how they happen and I certainly don't have a theory for this case. As long as his friends and their story are genuine (which is obviously practically impossible to check), then I can't see any other explanation for him just vanishing, than him...well...just vanishing. I mean; they were watching him the whole time, and roads dont tend to be very easy to just fall through without there being a hole.

top topics

join