It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Watch This Video...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

What this actually proves, is that people are turning to their credit cards to delay the inevitable result of the terminally flawed economic system that has been forced upon us.

Hi again,,

Well Jack,, I must say that you hit the nail on the head, that is EXACTLY what it means. I am well aware of tricks the credit card companies use and feel I am a better then average steward of my personal finances but THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I have HAD to use credit cards to actually pay utilities like electric and things I would ONLY do as a last resort.

- Con

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hello

I have been reading this thread from the beginning .

If you are not smart then you deserve to be punished , that is all Light's views are based on .

In other words , Light is stating that if you are dumb , you deserve to be punished .

Please correct me if I am wrong Light .

Isn't that essentially what you are defending ?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is the end result of the economic system being forced upon freedom loving people...Police: 2 confess to killing 6 near Seattle

She told The Seattle Times that her eldest son was a "good Christian" and she was shocked he had been arrested in the slayings...Ben Anderson, who said he was the Andersons' grandson, told reporters late Wednesday that money could have been a factor in the deaths...McEnroe's mother, Sean Johnson of Minneapolis, said she hasn't had much contact with her son since he cut ties with his family after a dispute about money.
(Quoted from above linked article)

If you always behave rationally, then reason becomes the leash by which your enemy pulls you. -Orson Scott Card

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm amazed that some on this thread seem to think Inflation is some Law of Nature. It is simply an illegal and hidden tax. When they print money out of thin air it makes the dollars in your savings become worth less. A system first used by Monarchs in Europe centuries ago to tax the people into servitude without them knowing it. Taxation without Representation.

This is exactly why the Constitution states that only Congress shall issue COINAGE. The private banking cartel created under the Federal Reserve act to create Debt for the Government is totally illegal. The Fractional Banking system used to lend Debt to people, with interest even, is fraud sanctioned by the Government.

Greed has driven every fiat currency to its grave and many people with them.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here is world bank link of interest. Notable also is the comment posted regarding an out of control spending spree by the Bush Administration as a means to position America in a vulnerable financial state ready for the final axe. His NWO mission seems to have been financial crippling of America.
www.infowars.com...

Also, Jack I been thinkin' that a thread on election process is a good idea. My question or challenge to the Intelligent members here is..........
Devise a method of voting which would be completely unhackable. Then figure out how to get the country to allow the security measures to be implemented.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by the b rain]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by the b rain

I think we need to cripple representative democracy, and move to direct votes on every issue. The technology is already available. Everyday you can jump online, enter your code, and vote on whatever is important to you. Well, it's a thought anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree there are ways ......I have often thought about using actual money as a voting system, simply because it already exists, is accepted as government approved currency (LEGAL TENDER) and each bill has its own serial #. Its kind of like Fiat D.N.A. You just need to create a way of allowing voters to use the dollar and their ss # to register a vote. Then you need a way to ensure it all matches after the results are in. Kind of like checking a lottery ticket.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
New world order means new world economy too .
We need a " new " certainty in our lives .
American Economy is not as week as people percieve it .

Why the subprime crisis then ?
Non performing investments ?
Yeah , that's why it is economically speaking , there is no conspiracy there at all .

Socio-economically speaking , it is an entirely different animal .

Big brotherisation ( hi George
) of the population is carried out for a socio-economic reason .

Chinese have triple crossed the western banking organisation , do you ever wonder why ?

More to a point , what would this thread and the taiwan spy plane incident have in common ?

The new economic system will be owned by the Chinese Corporations , that means they ( communist party ) will own everyone on this board too .

[edit on 3-1-2008 by 23432]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Most excellent idea! Star for that one. But of course it could be taken a step further then. You could finance your own lobby so to speak. A dollar per vote. How important is the issue to someone? They can put their money on it. Then that would put democracy back in the hands of the wealthy. But then again, they wouldn't stay wealthy for long if they had to keep putting that money up to enact unfair laws that the bulk of the population oppose. Hmmmm. Intersting concept requiring further thought me thinks.

reply to post by 23432

As Forrest Gump would say, "Those must be comfortable shoes."

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

If you could explain the similarities of this thread with the Taiwan Spy plane it would save me the research time.
And the quote that we will be owned by the Chinese, do you mean economically? and therefore socially?..... because that has already been happening for some time now.
I cant tell Do you welcome this idea or oppose it or Dont now yet?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Why is it so hard to show people that creditors dont have the "money" to lend in the first place? This makes the act of charging interest completely fraudulent because the base argument for charging interest is because it is a "use of funds" charge. Yet if there were no funds in the first place debited from an account how would you be able to borrow? They create the money, thats how but why dont people understand this and that its not a matter of not wanting to pay back what you borrowed. We are all in the same boat here but the originator of the proble. (central banks and fractional banking system) needs to be set straight first before you can start holding people to such a strict accountability as some have stated regarding this topic. There are agencies apparently that eliminate your debt legally via law firms but you have to pay them.....FDRS.org is one of them and i decided against it only because i wanted to do some research on my own first. However...if this is actually being done then why isnt it public knowledge? WE need to make it public knowledge and we have to come up with a way to spread the word....printing flyers would be a good way to start.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

I think starting with an e-mail to the people you know that would open it would be a good start. I once printed cheap flyers and left them on hundreds of subway car seats I just rode the Subway all day. But some think there is a possibility that this information may be too late in coming. I was reading a post in another thread where most of the members were in agreement that stockpiling the necessities of life has become a new pastime. Boxes of dry goods and canned food and pasta and other non perishable items also Water, medicine, and the list goes on. It seems scary and uncertain. Oh well, throw another shrimp on the barbie!!

[edit on 4-1-2008 by the b rain]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

They dont beleive it though....they just accept the way it is and come to the conclusion that if you dont like it you should leave the country.
I brought up the issue in the office just now and was almost persecuted when all i did was ask people to investigate fractional reserve banking under their own volition. They just pointed fingers and said i was a nutjob....nobody cares because most people arent living on the street. you know what? I want the NWO to take control and completely snuff all civil liberties....maybe that is exactly what we need for change to occur because all of these people walking around "accepting" that this is all normal will finally realize that they have been had and didnt even know it until there was a gun in their face and a loud voice over a national intercom system announcing the curfew.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

They are in a boat with their backs to the waterfall.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If you wait to take action until you are certain of the enemy's position, strength, and intentions, you will never act. Yet to act without knowledge is to plunge into a trap (if your enemy is agressive) or waste your strength on meaningless maneuvers (if your enemy chooses to avoid you). - Card

All the common people want is to be left alone. All the ordinary soldier wants is to collect his pay and not get killed. That's why the great forces of history can be manipulated by astonishingly small groups of getermined people. - Card

I think these tidbits shine some light on our current predicament.

[edit on 1/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think its at the point that its wise to consider a stockpile of survival provisions and a place to safely use them. The threat of an impending viral pandemic or economic collapse or both or worse should at least vault us to our senses.
I would be very much interested in a list of survival items that have been well researched and approved as necessary.
If you never need them thats great, if you do well......
I was thinking about getting acerage in a remote wooded/streamed area and using that as a last resort base. Where I live a place like that is cheap and not easily accessable.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There is much discussion in the survival forum on what one should have in preperation for various doonsday/NWO scenarios.

I personally have no financial means to make any significant preperations. So, I keep a US Army survival manual handy. I may go buy the updated version since this one is a few years old now, if it has more content, but the basic elements of survival never really change. The key to surviving is confidence. Man existed for many thousands of years without any of the conveniences we enjoy today. The leap may be difficult to resort to basic instinct and natural ingenuity, but we are all born with the tools of survival. Anything I will need in case of emergency, can be procured from my natural environment, and forcefully if necessary from competitors in human society.

If I had the means to go off the other end, I would certainly buy a big chunk of remote land. This may cause a problem in the long run though, given that there are no significant predictors of exactly how any known threat will evolve. The land I buy may end up being buried under a super volcano, may be smack in the middle of an area where everyone else runs, or may be well behind enemy lines. Nevertheless, I still wish I had a big chunk of land that I could at least turn into a staging area for preperations.

If I already had the financial resources to do so, I would make preperations to house, feed, equip, and transport a platoon level force of people. 40-50 people working together can be a very formidable force both against man and nature. Now I am not necessarily talking about an outright military platoon structure either. Women and children will most certainly be included, and everyone will have their jobs to do. But with this many people working together, there is not much that cannot be accomplished. Anything from building durable shelter, to securing and processing food resources, to raiding/foraging for needed goods. And of course, eliminating any and all who would attempt to interfere with our survival.

Somewhere in between is where most people should be looking to prepare for emergency, wether it be a natural, political, or military disaster. Get a duffle bag for each person in your family. Throw in a change of clothing, and two changes of underclothes. A first aid kit, but nothing so big that it contains items you do not know how to use. A few Bic lighters (dont go generic on this) and a box of waterproof matches. A magnifying glass to make fire when the sun is out, saving your fire resource. A few candles. Fishing line and hooks. (Rod, reel, tackle you may want to bring, but not in your emergency "GO" bag.) Some small cookware and eating utensils. A multi-use utility knife can be used for food preperation as well. When cleaning game you will need a good, very sharp but small knife, so don't bother buying some big Rambo knife. I'm preferential to a Gerber blade. You can make do with anything, but I would spend the money and get a few really good purpose-minded knives. A hatchet. Well. A few military grade MRE's is a good idea, but keep in mind that you will only be using them when in dire need. Procure food from your surroundings first, because once the MRE's are opened, you won't have them anymore. Basic toiletries. Your survival manual.

Keep in mind that everyone in your family should have a "GO" bag, and be fully capable of utilizing its contents. Some adjustments may need to be made based on environment such as extra clothing in cold weather, or sun block in the desert. You may wish to keep water containers stored and ready to go as well if the resource is scarce where you are or where you plan to go. You may wish to add a few random comfort items, or items such as a radio and a few batteries. Perhaps a flashlight. Keep in mind though, carrying things you don't really need can have negative effects. The more you have to remember to grab, the slower your evacuation. For the "GO" bag, keep it simple.

If you intend to stockpile provisions, remember to rotate your stock. Keep in mind how long the stockpile will last before you must forage for more. Whenever possible, utilize outside food sources before touching your stockpile. It may be easier and safer to eat the food you have stored, but if there's only a one month supply and it's January in New York, you better get out in the cold to find food for as many hours aas you can.

Well, that's my general take on survival preperation anyway.

[edit on 1/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I really like the 40-50 in a group idea. It certainly would discourage smaller packs of scavengers.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
There are a very few of those people who got in debt beyond their control (medical reasons, things like that), but the majority do so because they BUY THINGS THEY CANNOT AFFORD.

Absolutely ludicrous.

I have heard too many stories of well-balanced, good people who had their finances mapped out to the T... losing everything because of one stay at the hospital.

The fact that you two can sit in here and talk about the average citizen like they don't DESERVE to have a WORKING monetary system makes me sick.
For every person who is bankrupt and un-deserving, you throw your hands up and declare that 'OH EVERYONE is just BAD WITH MONEY'.

It's disgusting how some of us are so thoroughly trained to BLAME OURSELVES and BLAME OTHERS for the problems of a system designed by satanists and illuminists. Yeah... it's our fault because we buy things we can't afford. That's why we can hardly afford to feed ourselves and pay rent every month. WE're just too STUPID to keep inflation down

I am a principal of a business called Bankbeaters. Every day, EVERY SINGLE DAY, we are directly contacted by people who lose hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of dollars to banks, who simply TAKE the money, by failing to honour direct debit requests, varying when the money is taken out, charging penalty fees to which they are not entitled at law at all, and on and on and on. It is no trouble at all for a bank account to go from ten grand up to ten grand down and all the rest... All through bank charges that are illegal. So apologists for the NWO: pull the other one!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

I think we need to cripple representative democracy, and move to direct votes on every issue. The technology is already available. Everyday you can jump online, enter your code, and vote on whatever is important to you. Well, it's a thought anyway.

And of course, the 'net channels would not be monopolized by corporations and the source code to the voting sites would all be open source, available for anyone to scrutinize or modify. Politically minded people would be motivated to become expert programmers. Everybody who had an interest in any issue would want to check out the code to make sure that the system is fair. Naturally the common sense of the people would win out and the result would be a very limited and very transparent government that served the people rather than enslaved them.

I'm not being facetious. I find the idea fascinating. But maybe a bit farfetched.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by shipovfools]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join