It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Watch This Video...

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
...unless you have been previously indoctrinated to the truth of the New World Order. Failure to comply may result in shock to the viewer and/or loss of control by the power elite.

Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret by public incredulity.
- Marshall McLuhan (media guru)

In an address to the Trilateral Commission during a 1991 meeting, David Rockefeller stated the following:

We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranatural sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National auto-determination practiced in past centuries.

Click here to be educated*

*Original link to this video posted by "shmeags" on this thread.

[edit on 12/9/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Of course, the entire theory of this video rests on the claim that banks loan out money they do not really have, instead of limiting their loans to depositors money. This is quite simply not true, and it can be proven. The balance sheets for every single bank corporation are available, online, and can be read by anyone who has had an accounting course. The balance sheets are not only audited by outside investors looking for where to invest, but by the government and independent firms too. If you want to claim all of those people are in some sort of global conspiracy to lie about their balance sheets, how is it that companies like Worldcom and Enron came down?

The reality is banks only loan money out based on the money they have. Not all of this money comes from depositors - this is true - most of it comes from the earnings on investments banks make with other peoples money.

The entire system of money is that we place VALUE in something. The truth is even if we went back to the "gold standard" we are doing nothing but putting our TRUST that "gold" has innate value. It doesn't actually have any value at all - we just put value on it. Is that a problem? No, as long as everyone else puts a value on gold or whatever it is that is being traded as money (just currency paper, right now). Where is the conspiracy?

[edit on 10-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I am not an accountant or a banker, but after watching the entire prensentation I am convinced that the hardships so many people are facing today are the direct result of the terminally flawed economic system presented in this video. The results seem clear enough to me. Inflation, people losing their homes, severe decline in purchasing power and globalization are very real symptoms among many others that are more "conspiratorial" in nature. Furthermore, I find now flaws in the facts or logic of the presentation. If anyone can provide factual data to refute the information presented, please do so. As I said, I am not a banker, therefore I do not claim to be an expert on the subject. If data is provided that contradicts the claims made in this video, I would certainly be willing to consider them.

If you want to claim all of those people are in some sort of global conspiracy to lie about their balance sheets, how is it that companies like Worldcom and Enron came down?

I am not sure I understand the logic of this question. These are companies who were obviously lieing about their balance sheets, but happened to get caught. This is actually evidence that it is indeed ocurring on a large scale. Aside from that, I don't see how the collapse of any specific companies is evidence that the current economic system is not operated exactly as it has been presented. Any company can fail as easily as a house can be foreclosed on, or a car reposessed.

The reality is banks only loan money out based on the money they have. Not all of this money comes from depositors - this is true - most of it comes from the earnings on investments banks make with other peoples money.

This was already covered in the video presentation.

Where is the conspiracy?

The conspiracy is that a flawed economic system is being forced upon an unwitting population and upon governments that are powerless to stop it. The inevitable results of this system will be that the entirety of all global resources will be dominated by the an elite few, and a population crash of the human species will occur.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I am convinced that the hardships so many people are facing today are the direct result of the terminally flawed economic system presented in this video. The results seem clear enough to me. Inflation, people losing their homes, severe decline in purchasing power and globalization are very real symptoms among many others that are more "conspiratorial" in nature.

I fail to see how any of that is conspiratorial at all. The financial hardships people face (and there is no evidence people are facing "more" hardships now than in the past) is a result of their own decisions. People choose to get into debt to buy houses, cars, or pretty clothes knowing that they will have to pay it back. That they choose not to read the terms of the loan is their stupidity - nothing more, nothing less. As far as national economic trends - where is your proof that these trends are not part of a cycle? I have yet to see any indicator of the national economy does not go up and down in cycles.

Originally posted by jackintheboxI find now flaws in the facts or logic of the presentation. If anyone can provide factual data to refute the information presented, please do so. As I said, I am not a banker, therefore I do not claim to be an expert on the subject. If data is provided that contradicts the claims made in this video, I would certainly be willing to consider them.

The video does not actually cite sources or fact, it simply declares to us what the author believes is true. It has no facts, so that you find no flaws in them is not surprising because it presents no way to question the facts other through sheer logic - as I have done. Telling people to disprove something which you have put out in fact is a fallacy of confusing the burden of proof principal. You have suggested a monetary conspiracy, it is not up to me to prove it. It is up to you.

Originally posted by jackintheboxI am not sure I understand the logic of this question. These are companies who were obviously lieing about their balance sheets, but happened to get caught. This is actually evidence that it is indeed ocurring on a large scale. Aside from that, I don't see how the collapse of any specific companies is evidence that the current economic system is not operated exactly as it has been presented. Any company can fail as easily as a house can be foreclosed on, or a car reposessed.

The logic of the question is self-evident. The video claims banks are literally creating money, I have stated that the balance sheets for all public corporations are available for public consumption, and these sheets reveal to the cent where money came from and where it went. The point that companies got caught on their fuzzy accounting shows that banks really aren't making money out of thin air, because if they were, other companies would be falling right with them.

Originally posted by jackintheboxThis was already covered in the video presentation.

Yes, it was, which is why I pointed out that is offers no evidence and seems - using simple logic - to be wrong. Arguing that something is true because a video says it is = circular logic.

Originally posted by jackintheboxThe conspiracy is that a flawed economic system is being forced upon an unwitting population and upon governments that are powerless to stop it. The inevitable results of this system will be that the entirety of all global resources will be dominated by the an elite few, and a population crash of the human species will occur.

Very sweeping and grand assumptions here. How exactly is the economic system FORCED upon the people or other governments? America has had a revolution before, they could do so again if they really didn't want to accept this system. Other governments are free to choose their own monetary system, in fact, it is not in our national interest to impose our system on them - allowing them to come up with less advantageous systems gives us a competitive edge. Also, if this system is so bad - what are you proposed alternatives?

People often forget that in non-communist world, someone else will always have more money than you. Always. Even in a communist world the elite still have more money than you, they just hide it better. I am perfectly happy with people having more money than me - they either earned it, or were lucky enough to inherit it. Good for them. It is not up to me or my government to command people to give their money to me. It is up to me to earn my own money, or get lucky and marry some rich women.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

The financial hardships people face (and there is no evidence people are facing "more" hardships now than in the past) is a result of their own decisions. People choose to get into debt to buy houses, cars, or pretty clothes knowing that they will have to pay it back. That they choose not to read the terms of the loan is their stupidity - nothing more, nothing less. As far as national economic trends - where is your proof that these trends are not part of a cycle? I have yet to see any indicator of the national economy does not go up and down in cycles.

There is clear evidence that the position and power of the middle-class in America has been greatly diminshed in the past several decades. The evidence is the trend. Whereas it was once possible for the "American dream" to be had on a single income, it no longer is. Both parents work, leaving the children to practically raise themselves, and then we dare to ask "what is wrong with the children of today?" when another school shooting happens. As far as buying houses and cars, people need to live somewhere and be able to get to work. Very few people have the cash on hand to purchase these outright. So they take a loan agreeing to terms thay they can comply with at the time, but then find themselves out of work years down the road. This does not even touch the topic of how the cost of living has skyrocketed, while payrates plummet. Jobs that once paid for medical or other benefits have cut them. These are all ingredients of the overall trend. And it goes on much deeper than this.

I agree that we do see short-term trends in the economy that seem better or worse at times, but don't be nearsighted. The overall trend is that the American middle-class is becoming enslaved by debt, and this has nothing to do with irresponsible spending habits.

The video does not actually cite sources or fact, it simply declares to us what the author believes is true. It has no facts, so that you find no flaws in them is not surprising because it presents no way to question the facts other through sheer logic - as I have done. Telling people to disprove something which you have put out in fact is a fallacy of confusing the burden of proof principal. You have suggested a monetary conspiracy, it is not up to me to prove it. It is up to you.

I agree that this video does not cite outside sources, because it does not have to. This simply is the way the economy operates. Just because you have not been taught this before, does not make it untrue. As far as proving the conspiracy, this video is the evidence. The conspiracy is not the facts of how the economy operates, but that it is being imposed upon the population to their detriment and without their knowledge through deliberate obfuscation. This video is the evidence, not the conspiracy itself, so therefore the burden of proof rest on those who wish to disprove the validity of this testimony.

The video claims banks are literally creating money, I have stated that the balance sheets for all public corporations are available for public consumption, and these sheets reveal to the cent where money came from and where it went. The point that companies got caught on their fuzzy accounting shows that banks really aren't making money out of thin air, because if they were, other companies would be falling right with them.

Perhaps you are confusing American corporations with international bankers. The banks sit at the head of all tables. Corporations are owned by them the same way as a house is. When a corporation fails, it is liquidated, just as a foreclosed home will go up for auction. The fact that a homeowner may be using their credit cards in a "rob Peter to pay Paul" scenario has nothing to do with banking practices directly. Even if banks are making money against solid assests, they are doing it at a ration that will perpetually incur more debt. Balance sheets are merely part of the overall scheme.

Yes, it was, which is why I pointed out that is offers no evidence and seems - using simple logic - to be wrong. Arguing that something is true because a video says it is = circular logic.

If a lawyer tells me that something is illegal, my logic dictates that he is probably accurate. The only way that I will not accept it as truth, is if someone equally or more qualified tells me otherwise. Or I can spend the next decade in school figuring it out for myself.

And actually on this subject, I have already done years of study. Not strictly in economics, but observing the trends I spoke of earlier. That is the results of the economic system being imposed upon us.

Think of it this way, scientists have been able to prove that planets exist outside of our solar system based on their observations of the stars. They have not actually seen the planets themselves, but know that they exist based on their effect upon the star around which they revolve. You don't see electricity but you know it is there because the light turns on.

((((((I am running out of space here, so please do not post a response until I have responded to your last few paragraphs.)))))

To be continued momentarily...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

...continued.

Very sweeping and grand assumptions here. How exactly is the economic system FORCED upon the people or other governments? America has had a revolution before, they could do so again if they really didn't want to accept this system. Other governments are free to choose their own monetary system, in fact, it is not in our national interest to impose our system on them - allowing them to come up with less advantageous systems gives us a competitive edge. Also, if this system is so bad - what are you proposed alternatives?

If you had watched the entire video you would have seen that this has nothing to do with the US imposing an economic system on anyone else. It is about a system being imposed on the US since 1913. The system is being forced upon us through clandestine measures. This means that if the people actually understood what was happening, there just might be a revolution. Yes, governments are "free" to choose, but when JFK chose against the Fed bankers thay killed him for it. As to "competitive edge," well, it has really become irrelevant. It's not about competition anymore, it's about using up every resource available at breakneck speeds to keep the global economy from collapsing.

Sadly, I am not in a position to make an effective proposition as to a valid alternative. This would require years of study I'm sure, at the very least.

People often forget that in non-communist world, someone else will always have more money than you. Always. Even in a communist world the elite still have more money than you, they just hide it better. I am perfectly happy with people having more money than me - they either earned it, or were lucky enough to inherit it. Good for them. It is not up to me or my government to command people to give their money to me. It is up to me to earn my own money, or get lucky and marry some rich women.

Actually, even Communist countries are not immune from this hostile takeover by the "elite." The collapse of the Soviet Union is evidence of that. The Communist system simply regimented the inevitable dread so that it was not polarized among the populous. Right now in America there could be a class war between the wretched impoverished and the opulant wealthy without anyone ever realizing that the real winners had already left the building and set up shop somewhere else. Perhaps this is what is already happening to America.

As far as "people having more money than me," I really don't care about that either. I simply demand that I be provided with a means to earn enough money to provide for food, clothing and shelter. One man in America simply can not provide for his own basic living needs working a full-time job at minimum wage. Forget about supporting a family.

[edit on 12/10/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am only going to do this once, because I know once I do this all your going to do is completely ignore what I just said and keep using circular logic to insist that the video is true because it says its true. I am just doing this to demonstrate that you - and the video - have no grip on reality.

Originally posted by jackintheboxThere is clear evidence that the position and power of the middle-class in America has been greatly diminshed in the past several decades. The evidence is the trend.

Professional economists have long since laid to rest the entire “OH MY GOD THE MIDDLE CLASS IS SHRINKING” theory:

Horrigan, M.W., & S.E. Haugen. (1988). The declining middle-class thesis: a sensitivity analysis.

Rosenthal, N.H. (1985). The shrinking middle class: myth or reality? Monthly Labor Review
(108).

Bradbury, K.L. (1986). The shrinking middle class. New England Economic Review, September: 41-55.

These are just a few analysis, but they are all essentially the same thing: the economy moves in cycles, and we will always go through times of appearances of shrinking middle class. Such appearances are usually illusions because of how we define middle class and the use of “poverty” indicators.

Recent studies have found – gasp – the same thing:

Easterly, W. (2001). The middle class consensus and economic development. Journal of Economic Growth, 6(4): 317-335.

So much for your "trend" (which I still am waiting on - where is this trend)?

Originally posted by jackintheboxWhere it was once possible for the "American dream" to be had on a single income, it no longer is.....and many sentences of other stuff saying the same thing

Yes all of this SOUNDS so lovely, but where is your proof? Where is the evidence? That you say it exists does not make it so. My proof that this is incorrect is posted above. People do not have to take out mortgages - they can rent. People do not have to buy fancy new cars - they can buy a car for $3,000 or less, or take public transportation. People choose to buy things they cant afford, and they incur debt. There is no conspiracy except a conspiracy of stupidity among people who do not know how to manage their finances.

I must again simply point out that this is whole "ITS TRUE BECAUSE IT IS" a logical fallacy - the video does not speak for itself, and as someone who has had a few graduate classes in economics I am perplexed as to where they teach this stuff. Could you tell me? I would suggest you need a refresher course on burden of proof - you will find that YOU, as the bringer of accusations, must prove them. I cannot prove that which is not there - like the evidence of behind this "theory."

Originally posted by jackintheboxYou are confusing American corporations with international bankers. The banks sit at the head of all tables. Corporations are owned by them the same way as a house is. When a corporation fails, it is liquidated, just as a foreclosed home will go up for auction. The fact that a homeowner may be using their credit cards in a "rob Peter to pay Paul" scenario has nothing to do with banking practices directly. Even if banks are making money against solid assests, they are doing it at a ration that will perpetually incur more debt. Balance sheets are merely part of the overall scheme.

This is factually incorrect. For all of the NWO tinfoil hat conspiracies, only a few banks are TRULY international. Of those that are, their international units ARE INCLUDED IN THE BALANCE SHEETS MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. The banks are not incurring more debt, people are - because people are stupid.

Originally posted by jackintheboxIf a lawyer tells me that something is illegal, my logic dictates that he is probably accurate. The only way that I will not accept it as truth, is if someone equally or more qualified tells me otherwise. Or I can spend the next decade in school figuring it out for myself.

And actually on this subject, I have already done years of study. Not strictly in economics, but observing the trends I spoke of earlier. That is the results of the economic system being imposed upon us.

And this is all to easily dismissed as a classical appeal to authority fallacy.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackintheboxIt is about a system being imposed on the US since 1913. The system is being forced upon us through clandestine measures. This means that if the people actually understood what was happening, there just might be a revolution. Yes, governments are "free" to choose, but when JFK chose against the Fed bankers thay killed him for it. As to "competitive edge," well, it has really become irrelevant. It's not about competition anymore, it's about using up every resource available at breakneck speeds to keep the global economy from collapsing.

And again, where is the proof of this clandestine attempt to force this banking system upon us? There is no proof. Using Kennedy assassin conspiracy theories proves nothing, except that you are desperately looking for proof and can only turn to - other conspiracy theories.

If you don't know that competitive advantage is relevant, then I have little hope. Competitive advantage is the essence of national and international economic competition.

Originally posted by jackinthebox Communist system simply regimented the inevitable dread so that it was not polarized among the populous. Right now in America there could be a class war between the wretched impoverished and the opulant wealthy without anyone ever realizing that the real winners had already left the building and set up shop somewhere else. Perhaps this is what is already happening to America.

Marx would be proud of you. Unfortunately, this is not reflective of reality. The standard of living of the absolute poorest people in America is GLOBALLY among the best. That you want class warfare does not mean it will happen or exists. That poor people don't like that rich people are rich is unsurprising - they never have. As to the "real winners" more veiled conspiracy theory without proof...

Originally posted by jackintheboxAs far as "people having more money than me," I really don't care about that either. I simply demand that I be provided with a means to earn enough money to provide for food, clothing and shelter. One man in America simply can not provide for his own basic living needs working a full-time job at minimum wage. Forget about supporting a family.

It is not the role of other people to prop you up. YOU need to find your own job, and provide for yourself. One job not enough? Get two. Don't get that BA in English and expect not to work two jobs. You are quite correct that the minimum wage is not enough to support one person - which is exactly why companies need to abolish the minimum wage. Then they would be forced to pay people what they are willing to work for, which would be much higher than minimum wage. Of course, the reality is that almost NO ONE who is independent or has a family works at minimum wage, and the supermajority of people that get paid the minimum wage are actually teenagers working and living with their parents.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
The banks are not incurring more debt, people are - because people are stupid.

People are stupid?? Wow, thats a pretty harsh statement... And your right the banks arent incurring debt, they are making it the only viable way for us to be the consumer society that we are. Our interest rates and currency are controlled by private bankers aka The fed, Which btw is illegal last time I checked...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
In typical fashion, someone has to cherry pick statements. When I say people are stupid, I am obviously referring to the stupid people who get themselves in debt when they cannot afford it. There are a very few of those people who got in debt beyond their control (medical reasons, things like that), but the majority do so because they BUY THINGS THEY CANNOT AFFORD.

Banks cannot force the society to take out loans on terms they cannot afford. If people do so, and they know they cannot pay it back, then the people are being stupid.

The federal bank is only illegal if you want it to be. You'd be even more unhappy if it didn't exist, as you would see interest rates sky high because the banks would have more risk to take on.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Money ...I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.

I watched the video. To me it was old news. If anyone has any economic knowledge they know how the system works. IMHO it's a good system.

What many people do not understand is that the masses of people don't have enough sense to take care of themselves. They are idiots, half wits, lazy, sorry or what ever label you want to put on them. They would not be productive citizens even in a perfect world of barter or money exchange. They don't pay their bills.

Our economic condition is not as bad as the media makes it to be. It is only a small segment that is suffering. Lenders got greedy, made bad loans they knew were bad and hoped for the best. That practice turned around and bit them on the tail. Our government is going to help ease the situation and soon it will be business as usual until greed raises it's ugly head again.

You could give every person on this earth a million dollars. I believe in a a years time over half of them would be broke and borrowing or stealing from those that still have their money.

IMO man will always find a way to make money grow, no matter what system of banking we have. And we will always have the haves and have nots.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Both of you are right I hope you know that.

This hole situation is but a game and we are all players blaming each other.

In order to fix it we will have to suffer greatly for our mistakes are you willing to do that?

That is the question.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Fact:

All notes issued since 1964 are illegal under the Constitution.

This is one of many facts available. The 1913 event can be researched by anyone as it is a matter of public record.

For every author who prints their "proof" that the middle-class is not under siege, I say they are being well payed for their services to provide slanted statistics.

I am not going to start posting statistics to prove what is obvious.

It's sad really, because I have seen so many people who had such faith in the system have the rug pulled out from under them in recent years. I really don't know wether to feel bad for the blind, or to just laugh and know that one day you will all see after its too late.

More later...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Of course, the reality is that almost NO ONE who is independent or has a family works at minimum wage, and the supermajority of people that get paid the minimum wage are actually teenagers working and living with their parents. -LightinDarkness

Your statement is rank with ignorance that makes me sick to my stomach. Try telling this to the men and women who work at the supermarket, or your local fast-food place. Double-shifts, three jobs, just to keep some crappy apartment that costs almost as much in rent each month as a mortgage payment would.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Where is the conspiracy?

The conspiracy is that we have been given an economic system that was designed to fail. The Federal Reserve is anything but American, that goes with the IRS too. They are designed to enforce a fiat monetary system, which is historically, the most likely to crash and leave people in poverty.

The conspiracy is that the elite is literally printing their own money, making them vastly wealthy, and dropping the value of the hard-earned money that we rely on.

Honestly, if people do not see that our monetary system is a sham , even after being presented with the right information, I believe they deserve the coming economic devastation. All the people who are clueless to it, or who know that we can do better... there's still hope for us. We are not in denial.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Of course, the reality is that almost NO ONE who is independent or has a family works at minimum wage, and the supermajority of people that get paid the minimum wage are actually teenagers working and living with their parents. -LightinDarkness

Your statement is rank with ignorance that makes me sick to my stomach. Try telling this to the men and women who work at the supermarket, or your local fast-food place. Double-shifts, three jobs, just to keep some crappy apartment that costs almost as much in rent each month as a mortgage payment would.

Yup. The average American is struggling far more than they should for necessities like food and housing. We are a wealthy nation, but not THAT wealthy. The only thing that leads people to believe that the economy is doing fine is arrogance and wealth - two things that go hand in hand. I would throw in ignorance as a third diagnosis but that is insulting to most people.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
If anyone has any economic knowledge they know how the system works. IMHO it's a good system.

What many people do not understand is that the masses of people don't have enough sense to take care of themselves. They are idiots, half wits, lazy, sorry or what ever label you want to put on them. They would not be productive citizens even in a perfect world of barter or money exchange. They don't pay their bills.

Good Lord. You sound like the spawn of NWO elites...

Yikes. Just... yikes. These are the citizens I expect to stand up and revolt with me?
Not likely. They are lap-dogs to the elite, and statements like this only reaffirms that. You have actually been brainwashed into stating not only that 'it's a good system' but that we as human beings are too stupid, lazy, etc. to take care of a WORKING monetary system.

Laughable. They should put people like you on a soapbox in front of a bildeberg meeting and just let the elitists clap their hands. 'A shining example of the self-hating, self-doubting citizen we need to run the world!'

[edit on 11-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

There are a very few of those people who got in debt beyond their control (medical reasons, things like that), but the majority do so because they BUY THINGS THEY CANNOT AFFORD.

Absolutely ludicrous.

I have heard too many stories of well-balanced, good people who had their finances mapped out to the T... losing everything because of one stay at the hospital.

The fact that you two can sit in here and talk about the average citizen like they don't DESERVE to have a WORKING monetary system makes me sick.
For every person who is bankrupt and un-deserving, you throw your hands up and declare that 'OH EVERYONE is just BAD WITH MONEY'.

It's disgusting how some of us are so thoroughly trained to BLAME OURSELVES and BLAME OTHERS for the problems of a system designed by satanists and illuminists. Yeah... it's our fault because we buy things we can't afford. That's why we can hardly afford to feed ourselves and pay rent every month. WE're just too STUPID to keep inflation down

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Let me give a little family history here so everyone knows where I am coming from. I have learned the truth the hard way, first hand.

I am descended from the first Dutch settlers in the Hudson Valley region of New York State. Local roads still bear my family name. I had two grandfathers who were decorated front-line combatants of WWII, and my brother has done two tours in Iraq with the 4th ID.

On my father's side, the family restaurant went bust after decades of being successful. So therefore mis-management was not the issue.

On my mother's side, were the prominent landowners and politicians even. The family farm and homestead that had been there for generations were lost during the 50's and turned into an apartment complex and a housing development.

I have an uncle who was an officer in a very prestigeous local bank. He knows banking and finances quite well. He lost his job when the bank merged with another institution, but he was able to stay afloat for years, all the while looking down his nose at those of us who were having very hard times and defending the banking institution that was taking our homes and garnishing our wages. His home was just foreclosed on a month ago now. I don't know if he will survive the shock to his belief system.

I had several false-start careers myself that dead-ended through no fault of my own. I am now homeless. I stay where I can. So there you have it, the American dream. The people who founded this country are now homeless.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Here's a conspiracy for ya.

Very simple really...

In this day and age, money = life.

We aren't God. Somebody has fooled us.

because in REALITY, money = death.

because in REALITY, our "money" is just an IOU... a DEBT. If you refuse to pay the debt, your life is ruined, you go to jail... end up on the street, die of starvation.... debt, death, deaf.... coincidence these words all sound so similar?

Death - the end of life

debt - owing money/life

deaf- the inability to hear (the truth about life?) (inability to truly live?)

You don't need economics class to fit the pieces together. It's a scam, and we owe our lives to the scammers now. Isn't that nice? and we've got plenty of people kissing the feet of the system, perpetuating the shuffle of those big smelly feet, because they have been taught to fear a future without it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join