It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem to be divided, declares Israeli official

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

anhinga-----i 'm half blind--------be carefull about following me--------try www.haaretz.com then------the same story was there.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

...also, from the latest MSM news, Israeli military seems like planning an 'invasion' of Gaza & the West Bank -- the former of which, being a pretty large city w/ population in the millions. Olmert is getting cancer treated next year, or this month.... so, again, as you're there, we can only 'know' so much from these 'reports.'

[edit on 10-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

LOL -- I'll stick to the 'topic' at hand, don't worry. Following you? Nah, just curious about what's happening there... does it appear that the military is planning something or. . . . (?)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Interestingly, Orthodox Jews have long taught that the world would last for 6,000 years before the Messiah would come and usher in a 1,000-year period of restful human history. Since God created the world in six days, according to Genesis 1:31, and rested on the seventh day, according to Genesis 2:2, they reasoned the world's history would climax the same way. They cite Psalm 90:4, which says: "For a thousand years in Thy sight are like yesterday when it passes by."

II Peter 3:8: "But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

The early church understood this "six-day theory" of world history. It was widely accepted teaching for the first three centuries of the church. From the time of Adam, we've got genealogical records to show that 4,000 years passed until the time of Christ. From Jesus' time until the present age represents another 2,000 years, for a total of 6,000 years or six days.

In 1776, Edward Gibbon published "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire," in which he cites early documents suggesting the Christian disciples of the first century were taught that Jesus would return after 2000 years. We'll soon find out if they were right.

That's your team talking. Not mine.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

anhinga---just took a look----that story is not still in haaretz---------but it is still on www.ynetnews.com--------about 1/2 way down page now.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well, here's the story from a more legit source then the OP and no offense to the OPer:

Vice Premier Haim Ramon responded on Sunday to criticism of plans to build homes on occupied land in the Jerusalem area by saying parts of the city must be given to the Palestinians to avoid losing US support.

But he also said that Israel would not give up the settlement where the building plan announced last week sparked Palestinian anger and a warning from US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that it risked harming a peace process she helped relaunch last month at the Annapolis conference.

www.ynetnews.com...

(when you want a hyperlink, yahn, you need to put the http:// in there too)

[edit on 10-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

o.k now i think i see what your getting at---------precisely exactly 6000 years of adamic mans existence till Messiah comes----------no---------after adam and eve were evicted from the garden the 6000 year countdown starts according to the authorities you name-----------trying to go thru the geneologies of genesis keeps on giving me a 120 to a 116 years that they lived in that garden first------------but i'm no einstein.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So the end of the world will be in 2150?

Why all this doom and gloom so early on?

In fact, I'm done with the conversation, I know why. Exactly why. Believe what you want. I'll just continue to do my own thing and not live with any FEAR of anything. Just know that to some men god is absolute, and to others a joke. The biggest joke. Take care and see you around.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

thanks for the info on linking---------i'm presently in north america---------------if neville chamberlain/olmert and the defence minister he picked were not standing in the way and interfering with the idf ---gaza would never have been surrenderd to start with(olmert pumped this garbage into sharons head when he realized he had become senile and olmert was his deputy pm) and these guys are still talking about giving up the west bank----------i'm extreme right----------the pms crowd are extreme left--------i think the present pm would sell out the whole country for enough money---------and fame----------he has visions that he is the messiah and such a wonderful peacemaker as the world has never seen before------his best friend is a psychiatrist-------and no word of a lie---if you put this guy next to yoda of star wars fame--------they look like family.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

sorry i didnt see what you said soon enough----2150 ?-----i sure hope not------------best i can figure 2012----------6000 years should be up but like i said when it comes to math ----and a few other things-------i'm no genius like einstein.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ive always thought that is where the begining of the end would start.Watch for the dominant expeditor of this negotiation.his nunber will be 666

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky mulder

i dont relish the idea of nuclear ww3 either but we mostly are too dense to learn by being told right from wrong---------G-D doesnt want robots in His family so if we wont listen to(no dont touch the stove its hot)and we insist on learning for ourselves what getting burnt really means----------well its our own fault that we insist on learning the hard way-------Messiah will straighten out our mess when He has to come.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Rant Warning

I dont get it. I just dont get it. Are people that blind?
Look at the world and the hypocrisy. Then look at some history.
China has been in Tibet for fifty years oppressing the Tibetans far worse than what has happened in Israel.
The Kurds have been oppressed far worse by the Turks.
How about the Basque in Spain?
Northern Ireland?
Sudan?

Whose land is whose really doesnt matter. It doesn't matter. The religious aspect doesnt matter. None of that hypocritical fantasy matters.

If any of that mattered:
North and South America might as well pack up and move back to Europe. The Arabs might as well move back to Arabia.
The English can go back to Germany.
The Scots, Welsh and Irish can go to France/Gaul.
The French/Franks move back to Germany.
The Magyars can go back to Central Asia.
The Turks can go back to Central Asia.
The Aussies can go back to Europe.

Oh that too far back in history? Ok lets just stick with the last hundred years or so.

The whole freaking Middle East should be returned to Turkey. They were there for 400 years before the Europeans decided to carve up the Middle East into Iraq, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan.

Every freaking one who lived in the Turkish Province of Palestine would of been Palestinian, meaning not just Arabs, but Jews and other ethnic groups. There wasn't any homogenous ethnic group in Palestine and there hasnt been ever in history. Even in the Kingdom of Israel's day there were Idumaeans , Samaritans and More.

Can anyone see the hypocrisy and idiocy here?

The terrible reality:

There will be no peace in the Middle East until someone like Saddam or Tito has their boot firmly planted into the spine of the entire region and has every ethnic and religious group stomped into submission.

The best solution would be to let them fight:

So let Israel and its neighbors happily blow the hell out of each other like we have been letting Africa and Southeast Asia do. If Israel comes out on top so be it. Thats the way history works. It sounds horrible but its reality.

We as modern so called civilized and cultured humans ideally would not go around picking and choosing who to help and not to help. We ideally would either help everyone or no one but, when we help someone in real life though, we have an agenda.

There is an agenda in Israel, just like Afghanistan, Iraq, Kosovo, Chechnya, and other similar places where there is something in our interests. Anyone who has studied history would see there is an agenda in Israel and it is not pro Israeli or pro Zionist. Zionists do not occupy Washington DC. When the West begins carving countries up, especially when using ethnic groups as an excuse, they are trying to weaken that country. This is no different than Serbia or Russia. The West isn't forcing China to partition land for the Uighurs or Tibetans. The West isn't forcing Turkey to partition land for the Kurds.

This peace process isn't about the Palestinians or even peace. The Palestinians will be used and discarded as other peoples have been used as pawns before. When the final objectives are achived they will be thrown away just like the Afganis, Albanians, Kurds and Shiite Iraqis. The peace process is about Israel.

Try looking at history and the world objectively and critically. You'll see this real quick. Israel is some kind of obstacle or threat to an unknown objective involving the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The OP quoted World Net Daily .. so I don't know if this story is accurate or not.

Anyways - there will NEVER be peace in that part of the world. Never. Having the Jews give up land that they rightfully won when a war was waged against them - that will do nothing but embolden the cockroaches that want Israel 'wiped off the map'.

That part of the world doesn't understand what peace means and none of them have any intention of being peaceful with people who don't worship God exactly the same way that they do.

I say - leave 'em all be. Let them wipe each other out. Them we can all step in and claim the land for ourselves. (bwahahahaha *evil laugh*)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let us not forget the main players who set up Isreal weren't arab or jew, but European and in large part the British.

the statement 'rightfully won' is so far from the truth it scares me you think that!
Is that not the very ignorance that keeps this war going? Please google 'creation of Isreal'.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You have got to be kidding??
there will not be anything left of land or humanity to claim after the war in that area is over especially with radiation and chemicals all over the place.
Unlees you are planning to build a fallout resort in that part of the world

I sincerely hope that peace prevails and that humans can come together in harmony and leave this hatred behind, once and for all.
Hate begats hate.
Love begats love

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

They gave them Gaza and was going to give them more until the Arab terrorist called Palestinians proved they would do nothing but cause trouble and turn it into a sewer.
Omlert should be locked up. I am shocked he hasn't been assassinated yet.
Just to let you know Palestine was never a country and never will be. (It is written) It is Israels land, You Arabs need to go pound sand and cry.
The only peace will be a false peace set by the anti-Christ.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

They gave them Gaza and was going to give them more until the Arab terrorist called Palestinians proved they would do nothing but cause trouble and turn it into a sewer.
Just to let you know Palestine was never a country and never will be. (It is written) It is Israels land, You Arabs need to go pound sand and cry.

Right on the money

Question related to this thread ---
Do you think that Benjamin Netanyahu will negotiate or bring about peace in Jerusalem? Because if so this would be Bilical would it not?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Right on the money

Question related to this thread ---
Do you think that Benjamin Netanyahu will negotiate or bring about peace in Jerusalem? Because if so this would be Bilical would it not?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by angelc01
oops sorry double post
there is a thunderstorm passing by my country and we are having some electrical dificulties
MY appoligies

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join