It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem to be divided, declares Israeli official

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Jerusalem to be divided, declares Israeli official

www.worldnetdaily.com

JERUSALEM – A top member of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's government today announced Israel "must" give up sections of Jerusalem for a future Palestinian state, even conceding the Palestinians can rename Jerusalem "to whatever they want."

"We must come today and say, friends, the Jewish neighborhoods, including Har Homa, will remain under Israeli sovereignty, and the Arab neighborhoods will be the Palestinian capital, which they will call Jerusalem or whatever they want," said Israeli Vice Premier Haim Ramon.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is some scary stuff if Israeli government is giving in it certainly can not be making its people to happy...Kinda looks as if Israels govt. is giving into greed just as bad as our govt. is doing.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Awesome!

We'll see if this will fall through like all other proposed Israeli land reform, but it's hope nevertheless. Those people are 60 year due for their land back. Coexistence will be a nearly impossible thing, but steps like this are the origin of such an existence.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This guy is not being honest.

This is a textbook play to pit public opinion against certain groups within the country. Basically, if you state that you must give up certain cherished things to a certain group, then the people will quickly decide that the certain group is a problem, and must be dealt with.

It's pretty straight forward manipulation of the people.

Let the people think they have a common enemy, and the people will do the rest.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Dont know who is being dishonest???

I think it is along the same line that if the US politicians decided to give up Texas to Mexico....I dont think Americans would take it to lightly...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel 1

I think it is along the same line that if the US politicians decided to give up Texas to Mexico....I dont think Americans would take it to lightly...

yes but america purchased the land from mexico, did israel purchase the land from the palestinians? i think thats where the arguement lies. Israel feels vindicated to have a land for its peoples, and the palestinians feel like their land has been taken illegally. both sides think they are right.

as for the OP, historically this kinda talk usually comes right before a big incursion into the west bank or gaza by tanks and such. only time will tell if this will happen again.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
This guy is not being honest.

This is a textbook play to pit public opinion against certain groups within the country. Basically, if you state that you must give up certain cherished things to a certain group, then the people will quickly decide that the certain group is a problem, and must be dealt with.

It's pretty straight forward manipulation of the people.

Let the people think they have a common enemy, and the people will do the rest.

I just wanted to say good post. It makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

did israel purchase the land from the palestinians? i think thats where the arguement lies.

Dont know if it was purshased or not but the Israeli's have fought alot of wars and signed plenty of treaty's to keep it.....

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

Ultimately it isn't how the Israeli's got the land, or if they payed for it. It is simply that the Israeli's have the land. If another arab nation were to have been put in the exact same scenario as Israel, given the land and oppressing the original inhabitants, the world wouldn't care.

The rest of the Middle East is upset because Jews were given the land. The US is involved to support Israel. We wouldn't even be involved if it weren't this current set up.

It isn't about land rights and oppression. It is all about Jews and Muslims.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

#. What a good viewpoint. This could very well be a possibility, but with hostilities already to the max, as they have been for the past 60 years, do you think that would create even more hostility?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Reply to Karlhungis

The rest of the Middle East is upset because Jews were given the land. The US is involved to support Israel. We wouldn't even be involved if it weren't this current set up.

How about Israel just give the lands back that rightfully belong to the Palestinians so we can finally see some PEACE?

It isn't about land rights and oppression. It is all about Jews and Muslims.

Nope its not about Jews and Muslims!

Its about the Jews and thier ultimate goal is to occupy (with the excuse of we are stopping terrorist infiltration) –

Extending their boundary from the red sea to the sea of the philistines and from the wilderness to the river Euphrates

And of course with the military support of US.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

With the current hatred and occupation of Iraq I think this part is more rellevant than just simply the "Jews " having the land....After all it was the Brits which made the deals for them to get the land in the first place...Or atleast called most of the shots..

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I understand your point of view. However, I disagree. People point out what Israel does and what their goals are... etc as reasoning to be outraged at their occupation. I just think that people are kidding themselves if they think it isn't 1000x more of an issue because they are Jews.

Look at Africa for example. There are attrocities going on there that make Isreal look like Disneyland. And the world doesn't give a damn. In my opinion, it would be the same in Israel. Other than the people directly affected, the rest of the world would turn a blind eye. But since it is a Jewish country in a Muslim region, it is given so much more attention. It gives the other nations in the area a common enemy to focus on... etc.

Again, if it were muslims opressing muslims, which seems to happen once in a while and the world doesn't seem to get too upset about it, it would be a completely different issue. I think it would go largely ignored.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Reply to Karlhungis

I don’t think its just about ‘the land’.

I believe the Jews actually think that they are the true owners of it and they they might just act according to the scripture stated below;

Exodus 23:31-33 – "And I [Yahveh] will set your bounds from the Red Sea to the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the Euphrates; for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you. You shall make no covenant with them or with their gods. They shall not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against me; for if you serve their gods, it will surely be a snare to you."

So whats your view if we suppose the Jews act according to the above scripture?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Forget scripture and whatever holy book claims to the land. What's been done has been done. Now the monkeys from both sides need to stop flinging poo at each other and start acting like civilized human beings.

DFB: Yeah, here's hoping they'll stop flinging poo.

Johnsky: Sadly that's probably the case. Setting up the groundwork for another round of poo flinging..

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
They will realize their mistake when the suicide bombers are their next door neighbors. It will happen, because Palestinians won't change, no matter how much Israel attempts to appease to them. They simply want to see Israel destroyed.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Reply to laiguana

They will realize their mistake when the suicide bombers are their next door neighbors.

Suicide bombers? I don’t think they can stop or match with tanks ,jets,apaches and bulldozers matey!

It will happen, because Palestinians won't change, no matter how much Israel attempts to appease to them. They simply want to see Israel destroyed.

So the Israelis have changed? I cant see much land given back yet.
I only see bulldozers and double fences with full voltage, mines and snipers taking out kids palying around the ‘buffer zone’.

So doesn’t Israel have plans to extend?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Israel should extend, because they spread democracy over ignorance. Islam is backwards and they only spread with acts of terrorism, suicide bombers and lies. Israel is a nation that fought off many attacks by islamic nations, it is only inviting them now. Israel is going to destroy itself if it appeases to terrorists.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I'm pretty sure they just want their land back, being as they are the rightful owners to most, if not all of modern state of Israel. Seeing as how terrorism is 100% retaliatory, it would make sense that the Palestinian's reason for "not changing" would be the same reason there has been conflict for the past 60 years. Putting Palestinian children on their hummers or on top of their tanks, unprovoked demolishing of over 5,000 Palestinian homes, and shooting children along with peaceful protesters doesn't help their case either.

The killing ratio is 9:1, Palestinian to Israeli in all violent conflicts. We should be 0:0, but looks like it's going to be awhile, if not ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Reply to laiguana

Israel should extend, because they spread democracy over ignorance.

Never will they extend matey.They should be happy with what they got!
Yeh we definetly see tanks, apaches and bulldozers carrying Israeli democracy.

Islam is backwards and they only spread with acts of terrorism, suicide bombers and lies.

So you tryna say Jews are forward if Islam is backward?
Its pretty SIMPLE matey! Give the land back and terrorism will END!

Israel is a nation that fought off many attacks by islamic nations

Yeh Israel might have done that before, but now we see how strong Israel is when it couldnt even stop Hamas forming its own government in its backyard and getting rid of hezbullah a little risistant group in Lebanon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join