It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD Investigation: A Complete Sham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It looks as though BushCo's looking around town for some 'right' thinking suits to fill out his little panel to get to the bottom of bad WMD intelligence. Is it just me, or is anyone else out there shaking their head in complete disbelief? Bush is gonna appoint those who are going to investigate his bad intelligence on the war. Let's just save the taxpayers grandchildren's money and not even bother with it. take a look at some of the names being bandied about. It's ridiculous. Nothing is going to come of this.

The debate is not even correct! Catch that, anyone? We knew the intel was bogus before the invasion. It is Rumsfeld and his cronies in the OFFICE OF SPECIAL PLANS deep within the Pentagon that is responsible for the bad Intel. Not the CIA, the DIA or any other alphabet agency. Plenty of forme and current CIA officers went public before-hand to testify to the cherry picking that was going on and about the pressure coming from Cheney's office. So, this whole notion of an investigation is wrong, not to mention completely ABSURD.

Here are a few of the names being thrown out there:

former CIA Director James Woolsey

Bush I's CIA Director Robert Gates

former Sec. Defense under Clinton - William Perry

Weapons Inspector David Kay

BUSH I's National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft

Let's just cut the shyte already. This investigation promises to be nothing but a sham and a collossal waste of tax payer money.

Here's a good article about it:

Daddy's Boys Are Back In
Town To Save Daddy's Boy
By Tom Engelhardt
TomDispatch
2-5-4

Guess who's already calling around town in search of figures to be named to the "independent commission" to investigate intelligence failures in Iraq (and elsewhere), according to the New York Times? As Douglas Jehl and David E. Sanger report (Commission to Decide Itself on Depth of Its Investigation), "Mr. Bush, the White House said, plans to appoint the members himself, though Vice President Cheney has been calling around Capitol Hill sounding out ideas." The Great Sounder-Outer. I wonder what an idea Dick sounds out sounds like?
www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So, basically you are saying that between Bush doing whats needed, in regards to Iraq, and Bush doing whats needed, in regards to answering questions as to "why", based on intel, and then questions being asked as to 'why' no apparent WMD, based on that intel, you are advocating and proclaiming "a Sham."

Smells like a "Catch-22" to me.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't......?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
So, basically you are saying that between Bush doing whats needed and Bush doing whats needed, in regards to questions being answered as to why no apparent WMD, you are advocating and proclaiming "a Sham."

Smells like a "Catch-22" to me.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't......?

regards
seekerof

The whole premise is incorrect to begin with. The CIA is once again being cast as the scapegoat. There's no need for an investigation. Besides, anytime there is an investigation of this nature, it should be thoroughly and completely independent. This is ridiculous!

Here's a good article from The Guardian - UK:

There Was No
Failure Of Intelligence
US Spies Were Ignored, Or Worse,
If They Failed To Make The Case For War
By Sidney Blumenthal
The Guardian - UK
2-5-4

"Everyone in the intelligence community knew that the White House couldn't care less about any information suggesting that there were no WMDs or that the UN inspectors were very effective."

www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Really?

Seen this yet?

"Tenet Addresses Growing Intelligence Concerns"
Link:
www.talonnews.com...

The article addresses the radical funding cuts implimented by the prior administration (Clinton; 8 years) and how it effected overall intelligence gathering and thus reliability of said intelligence.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
My apologies, I forgot another thread. This one:

"NEWS: The Iraqi Intelligence Failure"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Excerpt from the thread:

"A startling expose in this week's Newsweek details a long and horrifying road of massive failures in US intelligence on Iraq. Because of the US reliance on high-tech low-touch intelligence gathering methods, no one was aware of a corrupt regime crumbling at the core, seemingly about to collapse all on its own.

Newsweek (Msnbc.msn.com)
Once U.N. inspectors left Iraq, Saddam's malevolent history and intentions took on even greater significance, because the CIA was suddenly cut off from a critical source of information. (Kay calls the data produced by UNSCOM inspectors the CIA's "crack coc aine.") In February 2000, Tenet told Congress that the United States had no direct evidence that Iraq had reconstituted its WMD programs, "although given its past behavior this type of activity must be regarded as likely." Iraq had begun to rebuild parts of its chemical infrastructure "for industrial and commercial use," he said, and had also "attempted to purchase numerous dual use items."

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks Seekerof, I'll check 'em out. The bottom line, though, is this is the big lie at work. This was known before the invasion. Those who came out and told the truth were run off, intimidated and marginalized. I know someone who worked in the OSP. They left the military in disgust because of what was going on. After a very distinguished career, I might add.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You seem apathetic to Kay's words:
www.townhall.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You seem apathetic to Kay's words:
www.townhall.com...

He's a frokken joke.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As usual, attack the messenger. Stick to your well substantiated baseless conspiracy!

By the way, you're a quick reader. Clicked through and read in 15 seconds! You must ace all you tests!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
bush could not avoid a investigation, so he picks the panel that will investigate. that is a conflict of interest. The panel should be picked by an independent.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
bush could not avoid a investigation, so he picks the panel that will investigate. that is a conflict of interest. The panel should be picked by an independent.

Exactly. How could it be any other way?

TC - you're funny. Not good at trying to burn someone. But funny, nonetheless.

Here are some articles about this - for anyone interested in the truth, that is..

The Intel Inquiry Misses the Point
The decision to invade Iraq was made in the White House, not in Langley

Wednesday, Feb. 04, 2004
It's hardly surprising that Colin Powell's breaking ranks on Iraq has sent the White House into a panic. While the Bush administration continues to insist that the invasion was justified and necessary despite the news that weapons of mass destruction on which the case for war was built didn't exist, Powell admitted to the Washington Post that if he'd known the truth about Iraq's WMD capability he might not have advocated an invasion. Asked if he would have advocated invading in the absence of WMD, the Secretary of State answered: "It was the stockpile that presented the final little piece that made it more of a real and present danger and threat to the region and to the world? [The] absence of a stockpile changes the political calculus; it changes the answer you get."
www.time.com...[/ur l]

Administration Distorted Intelligence Reports
James Klurfeld

February 5, 2004

If you listen only to weapons inspector David Kay, you would have the impression that the Bush administration was nothing but an innocent victim of poor intelligence information.

The intelligence agencies told the policy makers the Iraqis had all those weapons of mass destruction, and the administration did what it had to do and invaded Iraq. Simple as that.
[url=http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/ny-vpklu053656848feb05,0,2467623,print.column?coll=ny-news-columnists]http://www.newsday.com/news/columnis ts/ny-vpklu053656848feb05,0,2467623,print.column?coll=ny-news-columnists

The CIA Ate My Homework

Robert Dreyfuss is a freelance writer based in Alexandria, Virginia, who specializes in politics and national security issues. He is currently working on a book about America's policy toward political Islam over the past 30 years.

Can President Bush, Vice President Cheney and the Pentagon neoconservatives get away with blaming the Central Intelligence Agency for the mess in Iraq?

Theyre trying.
www.tompaine.com...

The Deadly Lies of Reliable Sources

by Norman Solomon

After 27 years as a CIA analyst, Ray McGovern knows a few things about propaganda. He notes that "the 'investigation' is slated to go past the election. Members will be picked by the president, and the scope is unconscionably wider than is necessary." McGovern contends that "the key question for 2004 is whether the administration's stranglehold on the media can be loosened to the point where the electorate can wake up, take away the president's driver's license and put an end to the reckless endangerment."
antiwar.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Bless your heart, you really think you are worth an effort? Sorry.
AS far as being humorous, yes, I do shoot for that. Humor is always worth it. Glad someone recognized it instead of missing it and flaming away at me. It is always an injury to my esteem when I see how poor my attempts at humor are.

new topics

top topics

join