It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you do this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Personally I think the main problem is rocket propulsion. Not very effecient and requires a lot of fuel. If you want to put humans into space cheaply you have to come up with a better propulsion system and eliminate the rockets. HMMMMM Gov tech is 40 years ahead It's possibly already out there.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
On discovery channel HD the other night they talked about plasm rays to push space craft and how that will be the new way after it is done. Faster and safer than any current rocket tech.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

i just wanted to say that i like your signature

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I got an idea for propulsion it can be a ball shaped craft emiting lasers out of its core it can be done will need UN suppourt though

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hi Aeroman. I was just curious, how old you are.
You seem young, and it's a shame that not many younger people have the ambition and motivation you do.
$200,000 isn't alot of money in the aerospace, or aeronautical fields.
The owner of Virgin (mobile, records etc) Richard Branson recently created a plane caple of taking tourists into space for a short period. Here's a little about him.

Richard Branson

Here's a BBC report on his venture

Tickets alone on the flight will be more than $100,000.
Good luck in your quest. Maybe you can find some investors?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aeroman1

not to be the broken cog in the wheel... but you are using a internet forum for brainstorming.. Asking for others help... YET your posts take up almost two pages... Might I suggest the age old adage, of to learn... you must first LISTEN.

Give those with knowledge on the topic a chance to respond, as EVERY Idea of yours I have read have MAJOR flaws too them (Glass.. Yes... lets use an product that will MELT on re-entry...) $200,000 is enough to buy a DECENT house... get one of those as opposed to building a death trap of a rocket.

let me suggest as a long time reader of this board... Leave your 30 posts out of it and let the people come to you...

I wouldn't give you ANY of my ideas unless you signed a non-disclosure agreement... Last thing I need is someone thinking they can STEAL my idea... and use it for 'mans (yeah... 1 person...)' benefit.

Might I suggest a different approach...
such as...

"I am interested in Space Travel for ALL people. I don't know much (if anything) about space, but I was wondering if the good members of ATS will help me to understand, and hopefully design an new form of space travel."

This approach would actually get you some answers... as opposed to you answering yourself... which comes across to me as point-trollish. Don't feed the trolls!

(if you really want a RATS account earn one by posting news links, and more approachable topics; thats what I DO...)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Will not be a rocket or a death trap but a new way will launch this off a plane in mid air at 60000 feet

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aeroman1

May I kindly suggest you contact Zorgon on this board? I reckon 200k would be a much needed help in building his electro-grav vehicle. And if you´re lucky and he figures it out you´ll get to ride in a "sportsmodel" instead of a rocket. Seriously, give him your money

[edit on 10-12-2007 by exo.psych]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeroman1
Will not be a rocket or a death trap but a new way will launch this off a plane in mid air at 60000 feet

firstly if you only have $200,000... your ONLY getting fuel... EVEN with a in flight launch. You need to sit down... and draw up your concept.... start from the core... and work your way out. design comes from intricate and detailed thought, and all others are going to do is flood you with their ideas as opposed to sticking to your original concept.

Come to us when you have the DESIGN, and then maybe we can help you to brainstorm on how to get it in the air.

200,000 space flight is a death trap... you have to create gravity, and climate in your space vehicle... not to mention enough oxygen to last a LONG period of time. the Carbon Dioxide filters aren't cheap either. your rocket still needs to be built... and you have about 50,000 left.

rocket *ahem* Vehicle, needs to have some form of shelling that will protect it from re-entry burn up. Thats not cheap. I would never fly in a space vehicle that had 5,000 worth of design in its housing alone... and your out of money by that point, without the fuel to fly it. (or the trained personnel to join you...)

like I said... I don't want to be a broken cog in your wheel... but your best bet if your adamant on spending your money on space travel give it to the X plane or whatever the project is called as a buy-in on the final production model. at least then you know in ten years you have a ride to space.

coven

(sorry for the trollish comment... But I see you've taken my advice on the Multi posting... I thank you for that!)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ALL BOW TO THE NEXT-GEN NASA ROCKETS! oh my.....

If your interested in the field you HAVE to check out the videos on Virgin Galactic.

www.virgingalactic.com...

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I still have a few production flaws to work out but you should still see change from a $100.00 bill.

I already patented the design so when it's up and running I expect to see a large share of the $2.99 spacefarer ticket price.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join