It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you do this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Im not building a rocket and there are privately funded space programs Ill sue congress themself If Im not allowed into space.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We could also at the end crash it into the moon and use it as a base and eventually start a colony its sounds hard but it can be done.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
First, we've all said that we wished somebody besides NASA had a ship, so we didn't have to rely on them for the truth about everything. So unless you plan on using the idea yourself, you might as well put your ideas out there. For the good of humanity and all.

I too think that $200k isn't going to be near enough to start from scratch, but then, maybe that would depend on the idea itself. Still, I would bet that a good space suit would cost half of that amount.

Second, lets all try to not get the mods upset with a page full of one liners. You know how they get about that.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This rightnow is a drawing board stage I got my ideas on this heres what we have.

Suctioned Gravity and Air
Battery Fuel and Energy
Glass Containment Cell
Showers and Bathrooms
Beds

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
[edit on 9-12-2007 by aeroman1]

link   
[edit on 9-12-2007 by aeroman1]

link   
Lets have this to be ourship

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Space suit could absorb the radiation and we could take radiation out as a secondary power source for the ship.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
All items needed for the ship can be bought for under a 100,000 dollars now all we need is a plan to launch from and a spot to dock on in the ISS before going to our desination.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Space suit can be made from? Share some ideas with me it doesnt hurt does it.

link   
beds. i think they'd float away in zero gravity as well as those sleeping on them. use sleeping bags velcroed to the walls instead that way you can just tuck yourself in and zipper the whole thing up while you sleep inside. anyway, its just an idea.

link   
They wont float there will be gravity pressurized air

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Also its a big ball shape which can add gravity and theres an energy core ressembling the planet but much smaller

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sounds comfy if we dont pressurize the air Im think of a vacume type venting though and the floors will be warm and cozy because unders the core of the ship great energy ideas here.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It could also run on solar radiatio attracted into the core of our ship

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
just a few points to ponder, in space heat is not the problem, cooling is if as your early thoughts look you put a heat source at the center of your craft, you will cook the people inside, we are thermal creatures, we create almost a 100 degrees of heat, ( think of a crowded auditorium, even in the winter, they are hot and stuffy )

secondly, centripetal force would provide gravity, just spin the craft.

also, a sphere is not very aerodynamic, it would cause quite a bit of friction in the atmosphere ( think of a meteor coming to earth, they weren't called "fireballs" for nothing )

glass is a very poor heat conductor ( see above )

I think I just blew your budget.........

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you really want to build a spaceship I suggest you study hard in school get straight A's. Go to college and excell in math, economics, engineering, and then get a job with either NASA or a privately owned and funded space program. I'm one who can only dream of having or flying a spaceship, let alone build one. I admire your passion and hope you can accomplish your goal, but it will take alot of hard work. Don't give up though, dreams are human minds at work. You just have to make it reality. I really like what we're doing now with a mars mission and the ideas that Nasa and other countries have in mind. Have you seen "Mars Rising "? If so what do you think? And if not, you should watch it.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just wondering, why are you posting a new reply for every single sentence you write?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
OUTER SPACE

if you have a limited amount of money or even have to mention money, you wont get there unless you go with the Russians. They have something that can get you in space but you need more money than what you said.

And, what are you gonna do when you get there which you wont????

Your best bet is to think hard and get someone to come and get you and take you there for FREE
_______~~

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I just watched (last night) a special on the Science Channel that delt with astronauts, the shuttles and the affects of space on the physical body of the astronauts.

Maybe you should watch that show and come back and discuss this.

There is WAY more to going to space then just building a ship and getting the funds for it.

They said on the show, that the chance of astronauts getting a life threatening cancer was FAR greater then if they didnt go into space at all. Just as one example.

This was the episode:
science.discovery.com...

Dec 31, 12:00 pm

(60 minutes)
Remind Me Mars Rising
Journey to the Red Planet
TV-G

Track the 2.5 year round trip to Mars with its physical and mental challenges - from entering the atmosphere at hundreds of kilometers per second to the multitude of chances of dying, in this ultimate endurance test.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join