It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you do this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hres whats going on your creating a space craft well we are. We only have 200,000$ and want to show NASA what you can do to send a human in space with this money share your designs this will be sent to NASA. Please Comment I beg you.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What's with the melodrama? Is this a hypothetical or are you serious? What makes you think people here would be dumb enough to surrender their ideas for this kind of thing to a complete stranger in a public forum?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Because I want to make sure that more humans go to space and if a design is made I can send it to a space agency with credit for every user who helped me.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Maybe a suctioned craft to stop you from flying everywhere?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hmm for propulsion maybe a one staged vehicle launched from a plane will this work.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think it's gonna cost more than 200,000$, you might get the fuel with that, but then again maybe not. More like billions of dollars. Then there's the math and science, engineering etc... A spaceship is a very complicated vehicle. Designing a spaceship is one thing but making sure it will work and be reliable in space is another.

But hey I'm always up for a challenge, so what do you need first? Do you have any ideas? Do we need to just design one and then let Nasa do the rest?

[edit on 12/9/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
aeroman, trust me, NASA doesn't care. Remember, the military, which does include NASA, is actually about 40 years more advanced than the equipment they let the public see.

NASA knows people want to be in space. The government doesn't WANT us in space.

Your heart is in the right place, but all NASA will do is break it for you. Nevertheless, I give you a lot of credit for pursuing a great dream.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
First we need to have the design and a fuel we can launch it from a jet.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aeroman1

Here's how spaceship one did it. Hopefully someone knows more about fuel because I don't. "Rocket fuel that is."

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Maybe a glass tank.
Fuel could be a battery acid mixture.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ok, yea, getting someone INTO space is half the battle. Getting back to earth is a big deal.

200k won't even get you close to being able to do this.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
With that type of attitude it cannot be done sorry

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We dont need to launch a rocket take that off the list.
Then we could for re-entry there are amazing heats so we need to have cooling chamber without a heat sourcing metal.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It needs to be a liquid solid gas hybrid metal to use.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Water turns into ice liquid and vapor can any metal type thing do this.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Is battery acid safe for fueling a spaceship
That sounds a little scary.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
just watch astronaut farmer. if billy bob thorton can do it anyone can. he just got all his stuff from an airplane bone yard. i mean anyone could have figured that out. i think he only spent 50grand on fuel.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I dont see why not it wouldnt rocket fuel can be dangerous.
The glass would absorb energy for the whole ship. Like a big battery

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Shape a ball would fly well for a moon or mars mission.
Suction would work well to and fuel source is contained in the middle like a core and we live around the core with heat see its all glass and the computers energize on this source to.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

ok one more thing before im done with this thread, dont you think nasa knows the lowest price they can send some one to space for. and lets suppose you do build this rocket what on earth makes you think the government would be willing to let you go through with this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join