It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration - The Truth & The Solution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Basically this video tells the truth about immigration and a very valid solution to the problem of Illegal immigration.

The beggining and middle of this very short video tells you about the truth about immigration and the solution to illegal immigration is in the end.

Thoughts?

Discuss Please State Opinions!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Everyone should have the chance to go wherever they would like. This land is not to be divided by imaginary borders by a very small group of men in power. Why am I required a passport to walk anywhere my legs provide me the opportunity to go? The only reason I support our sovereignty right now, is because the power that be are absolutely corrupt, and will only try and benefit themselves, increasing their own wealth and prosperity, while finding the easiest way to manipulate the people to become against one another.

We're caught between a rock and a hard place when it comes to immigration. Personally, I don't mind if "illegals" come to the United States. I love Mexican culture, and have witnessed the hard work ethic many Mexicans have. They work their asses off to provide a better life for their family back home. Any reasonable man who's been put in the same situation can respect that. Although, as we do have laws concerning the legality of coming to our nation illegally, they may not be right, but should be respected. It may be difficult to get into this country "legally," but that is life. Life is hard, and if you have the willpower to do right on your family and our country, that's what it's going to take.

People are people. As much as media distorts the difference between you and I, there really is NO difference. We're all just trying to get by the easiest way we can. Life is a struggle for everyone of us, and we don't need this petty bickering on "Jus' wuh the heyell" those people aren't allowed within our country. If the "powers that be" were benevolent and trust worthy, I would be all for dissolving our borders. My stance is less to keep illegal immigrants out, but the "powers that be" in check.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
ya that's a nice reply
everything you said is true

However I think that the video has a much stronger, or maybe much different, message in it

I think that teaching Settler Coloniasm in high school, making it a compulsory part of history class, it would help deter racism.

I mean think about it, if someone finally understood he was an immigrant, obviously he wouldn't call another immigrant in a derogatory manner

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
First of all, those two cats were annoying. But that isn't nearly as important as the fact this video is TOTAL PROPAGANDA.

They basically said it is due to xenophobia and blame the origins of the immigration debate on the easiest scapegoat in the world... "the wealthy elite." Their exact words.

These two cats need to put down the catnip. It has very little to do with xenophobia or the wealthy elite. I say "little to do with" instead of "nothing" because certainly there are those who hold this view.

However, laws are laws. I fault nobody for looking for a better life for their family. If I lived in a third world country, you bet I'd break my own neck to find a better life for my children. However, I'm not going to get into all the ins and outs of illegal immigration, the attitudes of the people on both sides of the issue, and issues like employment, crime, and the possibility of terrorists sneaking over. We all know that.

I'm simply going to leave it that their explanation is biased propaganda. If you want to be an American citizen, then you will become an American citizen. Do not think you can come here and break our laws, fly the U.S. flag below your own, and force the government to bow to your culture.

I'd say the same thing if the issue was Mexican immigrants, Muslim immigrants, or Nordic immigrants. Nothing to do with xenophobia because I'm not xenophobic and I am certainly not the wealthy elite but a middle class citizen through which the U.S. seems to be supporting and babysitting the world on my tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This video is totally insane. The wealthy elite you say? They don't want these immigrants, and they are the ones with xenophobia, horse feathers.

Does anyone seriously think that all these packing companies like Tyson foods and construction companies are not the "elite?" Maybe that is so if you consider the elite to be the ones worth trillions. These "elite," are the ones who passed NAFTA and pushed cheap corn on Mexico, ruining millions of subsistence farmers who lost their farms, and had little choice but to go north. Milton Friedman Shock Therapy is what used to happen to third world countries, but not is being gradually foisted on the US.

Try to settle in Mexico if you are a US Citizen? Fat chance you can. If you stay there illegally you get a nice dirty jail cell, with conditions much worse than in the United States. You do not get deported, you just stay in jail. Try to buy a house in Mexico? It is illegal, you have to have a Mexican do it for you, and you can lose everything. How about corrupt police on the take? It is everyday life in Mexico, where money talks and you know the rest.

So who has xenophobia? Do Mexicans get lessons in school to hate America? Remember those cheering Osama right after 911? Who sponsors those La Raza lessons? You guessed it the elite Rockefeller and Ford Foundation who are destroying this country with think tank idiocy. Call them thoughtless tanks will you.

This video is off the charts, omitting most relevant data, making some cheery and disarming statements about the core of the issue being "bigoted Americans." It is economics of the worst sort.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SkipShipman]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Illegals good or bad?

To me personally it is a bad idea. My parents work their butts off to come to this country in order to give us a better life. Now for someone to come illegally, cheat the system in order to get paid under the table, now that is wrong!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
They basically said it is due to xenophobia

Sure, that's the status quo.. It is no longer politically correct to be prideful of your country or concerned about the direction our open border policies are taking us... If you raise concerns about the effects of ILLEGAL immigration, that makes you a "racist,xenophobic, nazi scumbag." Welcome to the world that the political correctness of the last 25 years has brought you. Ain't it beautiful?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The solution is to put troops on our border and open fire on those attempting to enter illegally. Quick, legal and effective. Any sovereign nation has the right to guard their borders, and we should! My German ancestors came here LEGALLY in 1751, so these immigrants can do the same.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
The solution is to put troops on our border

I certainly agree with this part of your post. As far as "shooting" them, no, I'm not going to condone the taking of another human life. However, I would certainly support withdrawing our troops from all of the foreign lands and placing them on our national borders, ports and harbors..

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Everyone should have the chance to go wherever they would like.

Sure, al Qaeda members armed with all sorts of nasty things should be allowed to travel and deploy the nasty things as they wish. Brilliant!!!

This land is not to be divided by imaginary borders by a very small group of men in power.

Sheesh. The borders are imaginary? Oh wow.

How about that: I am very real, not imaginary, and I don't belong to the "elite". And I insist the borders should be protected. Moreover, there is any number of sane people in this country who think the same. As to your idealistic views, they are not helping America.

Why am I required a passport to walk anywhere my legs provide me the opportunity to go?

Because every nation has the right to decide if they want to allow you to come. Just make and effort (I know it's hard) and realize that you may not be all that desirable in every corner of this world. Ok, I repeat and I'll do it slow -- have you ever imagined in the adolescent dreams of yours that there are places in the world they dont' want you period?

I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, but we haven't yet abolished the notion of a nation.

The only reason I support our sovereignty right now, is because the power that be are absolutely corrupt, and will only try and benefit themselves, increasing their own wealth and prosperity, while finding the easiest way to manipulate the people to become against one another.

That's a great piece of non sequitur, thank you.

As to the Mexicans,

They work their asses off to provide a better life for their family back home.

Umm, I am an American. Since when is it my obligation to care about wellfare of Mexicans more than that of the Americans??

People are people. As much as media distorts the difference between you and I, there really is NO difference. We're all just trying to get by the easiest way we can.

Sure, and by same logic we should have automatic machine guns on the Mexican border. Mexican cartels don't have a problem exporting deadly drugs to the United States, do they? Seriously, do they?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Every nation should have that decision making power
Yet here you are!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Come on we are all people! Borders just divide us. They make us think that there are differences, and we need to stay seperated.

Please tell me, Why do we need to be divided?

Division is another way to keep us controlled. To keep us fighting.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Actually Division keeps disease in check, along with other things. You see the poor nations out number the wealthy ones by a far superior number in both population and everything else. In order to maintain your wealth you need to fence out the poor. The rich have always done that, it was once called a castle. Without the walls, or borders, all will be poor...

Right now disease coming from south/central america is a boom for drug companies but it's destroying our society. Those who live in that society have no morals and therefore maintian that lack of morals when they move here, thus over-running our society.. Not only that they have created most of the financial mess we have today.... T

To liberals who are too dumb to succeed in life this is a great thing, for those who work hard and live a disciplined life this is the end of their way of life...

The Rich have listened to the liberals up until now.. But since this financial disaster has happened and they too have suffered things are going to change. Soon the poor will be run out of this country, you will see borders go back up, illegals will be rounded up by the railroad car full, anything the rich can do to get rid of the parasites is what they will do, it's starting now, watch what happens now..
[edit on 1-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

[edit on 1-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
My stance is less to keep illegal immigrants out, but the "powers that be" in check.

That's actually the 'cure' for immigration right there: keeping the powers that be in check. Just think, if that was the case, most of the reasons that people become refugees or feel the need to become economic migrants would disappear over night: No more phoney wars, no more corrupt governments creating poverty and famine, no more despots hiding being a thin veneer of faith that is expressed in ways completely at odds with what they claim to believe.

If we could keep these bastards in check, then people wouldn't need to move elsewhere in the first place.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
As a "right wing conservative" i made it to 3:16, how did the rest of you do? Can you beat that?

The fact is we have established immigration laws and legal means to enter this country. If an immigrant goes that route welcome , enjoy the neighborhood and if you become my neighbor we'll bring you cookies and bottle of wine. If you did it illegally i'll turn you in and wonder how you got hear and be irate at our lack of security. And i also agree with the preveos poster. Soldiers on the border with shoot to kill all male trying to "invade". Maybe let them all know that on this day the law goes into effect. I guarantee there will be far less dead than the numbers that die now trying and getting through illegally.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Tmr123 comment

This video takes the issue to the extreme as the mainstream media.
I agree, that there is a set of established laws and there is a mechanism to enter and live in this country. However, also consider the reason why they are here.
Let's start with the fact that Corporations based in the United States have as their main goal to raise profits. Paying workers in the United States is not profitable for them because they would have to give them health care and appropriate pay, not to mention they would also have to follow environmental regulations, so the following happens:

1. They outsource jobs to foreign countries. Countries where corruption is rampant. With bribes on corrupt officials who also happen to own the land they will let them settle a factory and bring in people to work, pay them a hunger wage without benefits to make goods that then are sent back to the US for sale. (which you go and buy cheap at wal mart for example, and you buy and you buy and you buy)

2. This oppression in the third world countries where poverty becomes the rule creates an atmosphere of crime and a philosophy of the "survival of the strongest" and most corrupt.

3. Third world people become desperate and wish to come to the USA to get part of that well being that they don't have in their home country.
Because of point number 2, you will have some people who will dedicate to crime, but also some people who want to work in peace. Some others will try to fight this situation with weapons in their own country. (guerrilla)

4. Corporations that need to operate in the US take advantage of the influx of immigrants and hire them so they can also pay less than they would to a citizen. (on both fronts they win!!)

The media was bought out by corporate conglomerates a long time ago.
So, they just need you to "hate" these people to kick them out when the operation is discovered without having to explain the core problem.

Also, when the guerrillas in those foreign countries start upsetting the profits, it's time for the media to label them as "Terrorists". Why? two reasons. To invalidate the reason they are fighting for and to justify war. Think about it: How much money corporations raise in a war.?..................

Also, it's interesting to notice that the solution given toward the end of the video is a similar solution given to the Israeli people in Palestine.
Israelis could not find a place to settle so by force the UN took some land from Palestine and gave it to the Israelis. If the American people support this solution from so far away with the argument of fairness, then why not let these people create their own country within the USA (I am not saying this is a good solution because of course this will generate an internal war)

So you see, there is a lot of conflicting interest to these issues. "shooting them" as they come, as somebody in this blog said, will not solve the problem. As long as social unfairness continues in the third world countries they will be people in need wanting a better life and they will keep coming.

Solutions:
1. You, average American citizen. You have the power. You can refrain from being an unconscious consumer. The less money they have, the less power they have.
2. The USA will have to stop militarizing the world. Countries have to solve their conflicts in the light of their sovereignty. The less intervention, the more clear and less confusing is the real picture.
3. Do not give in to hate. That's what people in power want. They want you to blame all in somebody and don't want to you to criticize.
4. Stop arrogance. Admit that mistakes are made. All societies have been built on these shortcomings. The important thing is to work together for a better FUTURE.

The key is: If there is improvement of the quality of life around the world for everybody, people would not have to move out looking for something else.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

Exactly so.

The USA is systematically being brought down to third world status. Cheap labor is just one of the means being used.

top topics

join