posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
This video takes the issue to the extreme as the mainstream media.
I agree, that there is a set of established laws and there is a mechanism to enter and live in this country. However, also consider the reason why
they are here.
Let's start with the fact that Corporations based in the United States have as their main goal to raise profits. Paying workers in the United States
is not profitable for them because they would have to give them health care and appropriate pay, not to mention they would also have to follow
environmental regulations, so the following happens:
1. They outsource jobs to foreign countries. Countries where corruption is rampant. With bribes on corrupt officials who also happen to own the land
they will let them settle a factory and bring in people to work, pay them a hunger wage without benefits to make goods that then are sent back to the
US for sale. (which you go and buy cheap at wal mart for example, and you buy and you buy and you buy)
2. This oppression in the third world countries where poverty becomes the rule creates an atmosphere of crime and a philosophy of the "survival of
the strongest" and most corrupt.
3. Third world people become desperate and wish to come to the USA to get part of that well being that they don't have in their home country.
Because of point number 2, you will have some people who will dedicate to crime, but also some people who want to work in peace. Some others will try
to fight this situation with weapons in their own country. (guerrilla)
4. Corporations that need to operate in the US take advantage of the influx of immigrants and hire them so they can also pay less than they would to a
citizen. (on both fronts they win!!)
The media was bought out by corporate conglomerates a long time ago.
So, they just need you to "hate" these people to kick them out when the operation is discovered without having to explain the core problem.
Also, when the guerrillas in those foreign countries start upsetting the profits, it's time for the media to label them as "Terrorists". Why? two
reasons. To invalidate the reason they are fighting for and to justify war. Think about it: How much money corporations raise in a
Also, it's interesting to notice that the solution given toward the end of the video is a similar solution given to the Israeli people in Palestine.
Israelis could not find a place to settle so by force the UN took some land from Palestine and gave it to the Israelis. If the American people
support this solution from so far away with the argument of fairness, then why not let these people create their own country within the USA (I am not
saying this is a good solution because of course this will generate an internal war)
So you see, there is a lot of conflicting interest to these issues. "shooting them" as they come, as somebody in this blog said, will not solve the
problem. As long as social unfairness continues in the third world countries they will be people in need wanting a better life and they will keep
1. You, average American citizen. You have the power. You can refrain from being an unconscious consumer. The less money they have, the less power
2. The USA will have to stop militarizing the world. Countries have to solve their conflicts in the light of their sovereignty. The less intervention,
the more clear and less confusing is the real picture.
3. Do not give in to hate. That's what people in power want. They want you to blame all in somebody and don't want to you to criticize.
4. Stop arrogance. Admit that mistakes are made. All societies have been built on these shortcomings. The important thing is to work together for a
The key is: If there is improvement of the quality of life around the world for everybody, people would not have to move out looking for something