It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
Of course it doesn't matter how you belive or what you believe. Hebrew, Jew, Judian, Catholic, Roman Catholic, Orthodoxy, Ethiopian Catholics, Christians, Lutherians, Protestants, Seventh Day, J Witnesses... All use the Bible, all worship differently, all worship to the same diety.

I don't think the question is whether they worship the same diety.
The real question is does HE approve of their form of worship.

I have about 250 employees. There are many employees, but only one Boss. In this case ME.
All employees work for me and claim loyalty to me. (I sign their checks after all) That does not mean that I must accept or approve of each and every one of them as employees.

Some are honest & hard working, while some are lazy and steal, ect.
Those that do not live up to my expectations will find themselves looking for another job, no matter how much they claim to like me, or even love me.

(for the record ..none have really claimed to love me)

The point is that all these religions can claim to love God, serve him, ect. But unless He approves of them, unless they truly live up to his expectations, and follow His instructions, their claims will be hollow.

So it really does matter what you believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The ever popular "many paths one God" doctrine is nothing new, and it comes in and fades out of religious history as people "rediscover it." I admit, it sounds sexy. It makes everyone warm and fuzzy, and it ensures no one is wrong.

Of course, when I actually look at the religions of the world I notice that if there is one God that everyone is worshipping through different means, this is one psychopath I wouldn't want being God. After all, he has ensured that most of the world religions (at least 3 of 5) claim that THEY are the ONLY true religion AND NO OTHER GODS are real. He also must have multiple personality disorder, since different world religions present completely different aspects of the divine.

No, I'm quite sure that we aren't all worshipping the same thing, although I know its sexy to say we do. If we do, we're REALLY screwed.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

first of all why would a benevolent and loving God pick just one part of the globe to call holy and save some random tribe?

It is not a matter of God saying only these people will be saved while the rest of humanity is doomed without any possibility of salvation. One possible theory why God chose His first covenant with the Jews is given by looking at the history of humanity given in the Bible.

All men living at the time of Abraham were descendants of Noah. However, the majority of humanity strayed from God and developed false gods. While looking upon the people of Abraham's time, God saw that Abraham's people were still holding true to Jehova and not idols and other false gods.

Again, if it was a case where God only offered salvation to people based on race I would certainly have my doubts. Race is something nobody can control. But your assertion does not line up with the teachings of the Bible which explicitly states all people will be blessed through the covenant God made with the Jews should we choose to accept that blessing.

So, no, I don't believe the Jews were just some "random tribe" but possibly the only civilization still faithful to God.

Simply study different religions, scriptures and ancient texts and you will realize that the same biblical stories come up.

The similarities can be explained in many different ways but if you want specific answers then let me know the specific similarities you would like dissected. Some (like flood stories) point to a common origin, Some (like pagan copycat allegations) are false from the onset, while some (similarities found in laws) are due to a basic common principle of good and evil that we are all instilled with. Let me know what similarities you are addressing and I will be happy to reply.

The rest of us, following false prophets (Yahweh, Allah, Buddha or whatever...

Just to clarify, Buddha never claimed to be a prophet, Allah is not a prophet but a false deity created by the false prophet Mohammad, and Yahweh was never a prophet but sent His prophets.

And I could hardly consider the prophets of Judaism and Christianity false as everything they have said will come to pass has been fulfilled to the letter, is being fulfilled before our eyes, or is about to be fulfilled as everything we can see on the world stage is lining up perfectly with the things left to be fulfilled. Again, if you need specific examples just let me know.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Regarding the belief that all religions are different paths all leading to God.

It seems to me that it is usually professed Christians who make this claim.
You won't hear a Muslim say that all religions are acceptable to Allah.

However, for those who profess to be Christians and feel this way, I think it would be helpful to recall what the Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthian Congregation.

(1 Corinthians 1:10) 10 Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.

They were to be united, not breaking up into factions, each professing his own particular views to be paramount.

We can also look back into Gods dealings with the Israelites. For instance, how did he feel when they started to worship Idols? Did he say, "Its OK, this is just another path leading to the same place.?"

HE made His view on the matter clear:

Judges 10:6-7 (King James Version)

6And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim, and Ashtaroth, and the gods of Syria, and the gods of Zidon, and the gods of Moab, and the gods of the children of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines, and forsook the LORD, and served not him.

7And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he sold them into the hands of the Philistines, and into the hands of the children of Ammon.

What did Jesus say about this concept of all religions are just different paths leading to God?

Mark 7:6-7 (American Standard Version)

6 And he said unto them, Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoreth me with their lips, But their heart is far from me.
7 But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.

So regardless of whom a group profess to worship, if they hold to doctrines of men instead of the inspired Word of God, their worship is in vain.

Of course if you don't believe in the legitimacy of the Bible then all I have posted is moot.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

So, no, I don't believe the Jews were just some "random tribe" but possibly the only civilization still faithful to God.

Just for the sake of clarity. Abraham was not a Jew or an Israelite.

Abraham was a Hebrew,
The Israelites were the offspring of Jacob aka Israel, Abrahams grandson.
The Jews were the offspring of Judah, Jacobs son.
So while Perez (Judah's son) could rightly be called a Jew, an Israelite & a Hebrew, Abraham can only be referred to as a Hebrew.

Abraham was the first man Identified in the Bible as a Hebrew.

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Sparky63]

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

This is true. Abraham's son Isaac was the official patriarch by name of the Israelites when his name was changed to Israel. Hope my above comment didn't cause any confusion and thanks for clarifying that for me, Sparky. I sometimes forget not everyone will realize the difference.

Also, Sparky- Christianity, true Christianity that is, does teach that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. However there is a major movement going on in the name of tolerance and an all-encompassing doctrine that all paths lead to God. However, this is completely unscriptural and a false teaching designed to make Christianity more appealing to modern society.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm not an attacker of faith, only the corruption and brainwashing of it. I'm more of a firm believer that being a good person is more important than what your religious beliefs are. IMHO, since history has shown religions to be major causes of death, misunderstanding, oppression, etc. History repeats itself if things aren't forced to change. So in reality, the more people preach their faith and say "I'm right, you're wrong, and you'll see in the end" *makes crucifix out of fingers*, the more misunderstandings and religious tyranny will take place in our present and future. Thanks for reading
and remember. BE NICE!!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

The point is that all these religions can claim to love God, serve him, ect. But unless He approves of them, unless they truly live up to his expectations, and follow His instructions, their claims will be hollow.

So it really does matter what you believe.

God approves of all life... otherwise we would not exist. God is not a judgemental father figure, it's an idea that goes far beyond our system of morality. For people to seek in any way, a connection to higher realities and divine guidance from 'God' is enough to live up to God's expectations, there are no specific instructions that need to be followed! Everyone will die and meet their creator, everyone will get to heaven. No matter what their religion.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

This is true. Abraham's son Isaac was the official patriarch by name of the Israelites when his name was changed to Israel.

No, it was Jacob, Isaac's son and Abraham's grandson, that was re-named Israel.

And he said, Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel: for in your fight with God and with men you have overcome.
Genesis 32:28

Israel means: 'who prevails with GOD.'

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

You are absolutely right! There needs to be a rule that states I'm not allowed to visit forums after midnight when I'm exhausted.

Thanks for the correction! I really did know that I swear!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You are absolutely right! There needs to be a rule that states I'm not allowed to visit forums after midnight when I'm exhausted.

Don''t feel bad. I initially made the same mistake in my post...thus the edits.
One interesting thing though. By the time of Jesus, the term Jew began to refer to anyone worshipping according to Jewish custom, regardless of their ability to trace their ancestory back to Judah.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

you are correct that there is only one true religion---------which means that all the rest are either totally wrong------half way there-----------or fairly close---------but if you like me have been searching for the 1 true church that does everything just exactly right as the scriptures say----------------------you wont find it yet-----------even Messiah knocks on the door of the church thats suppose to be His(revelation 3:20) but as of yet cannot get them to open it voluntarily---------sad to say but until G-Ds people suffer enough (the coming tribulation will effect this)and become more ernest to seek after G-Ds will in their lives-------Messiah will be kept out of His church----------that church has to be keeping G-Ds laws(matthew5:17 and keeping G-Ds holydays leviticus 23)that church is not the synagogues of the rabbis or a sunday keeping or a friday keeping organization or a church that keeps pagan holidays such as christmas or easter---------so that narrows it down somewhat.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
hmm I don't know how your theory is going to gel with Indigenous beliefs?

"If you take the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind." Statement by an anonymous Native woman.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
There is only one religion.

This is simply not true. Religion is the beLIEf systems that mankind builds around spiritual and supernatual and also natural events.

There are many religions.

Sure I understand that you're saying there can be only one rightious religion, but you'd be wrong there. The real deal about religion is stated above, and all religions are subject to faulty beliefs. So as far as the one rightious:

There is No Religion.

In each member of mankind there is the spiritual essance. To each person within there is that which is Right or Wrong. There is no Group that is right or Wrong. Only peoples within a group, and groups are mixed of the two both right and wrong people.

Who's to say who is right and who is wrong? God, in the end Judgement. So you should try to get it right.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Incarnate,

And the word became flesh....

You I agree with, religion is mans doing even if in the beginning the people who established the religion were being moved by God to do it.

Once God is no longer the active force moving the people then what is left of the movement becomes a religion.

Something is only true as long as the creator God makes it true by supplying the power and guidance needed.

The closest thing we have as proof that God is a part of our lives is the nine evidences of holy spirit.

People who worship God in truth are inevitably confronted by the systems of this world and never accepted by them unless they compromise on true spirituality their personal relationship with the almighty.

That which is flesh is flesh, that which is spirit is spirit and there can be no compromise between the two.

This is why all men must die or be changed.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

first of all why would a benevolent and loving God pick just one part of the globe to call holy and save some random tribe?
The reality is that God(s) contacted us all over the globe, the whole planet is a holy land! Simply study different religions, scriptures and ancient texts and you will realize that the same biblical stories come up. Even different versions of Jesus and the same prophecies and promises told.

If you carry that thought to its logical conclusion then you reach the Baha'i' stance which is that there have been a multitude of prophets in every time and land striving to educate mankind and that there will be a multitude more... each one brings the same fundamental teachings of love and compassion in ways that are understandable to time and place, that the differerences arise later. As such there is no final prophet and as such there is no false religion... it is called progressive revelation.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
I just have to laugh at this, mostly because doesn't God say in the Bible

"All paths lead onto me, for I am known by many names?"

ALL paths of beliefs, no matter how distant they may seem from each other, are part of a greater whole. ALL paths, when viewed together, form a much larger picture. It is with this understanding that, if one wants to learn the truth, one must study and look at all paths.

So yes, in essence, there is only one religion... it's just a matter of discovering it.

Exactly my thoughts! Thank you! Why are the religions fighting each others, why is there only one path to salvation? In which version of God you believe doesn't matter, in the end only your actions are taken into account.
Do not follow blindly pastors, imams, false prophets. Listening to different point of views in healthy of course, but you will find the truth, your truth, within you.
Scriptures (the new testament for me) offer a valuable guide on how to live a peaceful life and this is what I believe in. I do not take everything literally.

Actually, what the Bible says is;

There is a way that seems right to a man, but ends in death (Proverbs)

and,

" I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes unto the Father (God) except through me.." Jesus Christ (Book of John)

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Sparky63

This is true. Abraham's son Isaac was the official patriarch by name of the Israelites when his name was changed to Israel. Hope my above comment didn't cause any confusion and thanks for clarifying that for me, Sparky. I sometimes forget not everyone will realize the difference.

Also, Sparky- Christianity, true Christianity that is, does teach that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. However there is a major movement going on in the name of tolerance and an all-encompassing doctrine that all paths lead to God. However, this is completely unscriptural and a false teaching designed to make Christianity more appealing to modern society.

AshleyD: What version of the Bible are you reading from because the Bible clearly states that the only way to God the Father is through Christ His Son.

John 3;16 & 17

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton Son so that whosoever believes in His should not perish but have everlasting life, for he that believes in Him is not condemned, but he that does not believe is condemned already because he has not believed in the name of the only begotton Son of God.

1st John

He that has the Son has life, but he that does not have the Son does not have life..

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Using the bible to justify your religious dogma is the greater evil.

You say that your Jesus is the Christ the only way to God and then you state a verse that you want to believe confirms your assertion insinuating its interpretation supports your theory.

False gods and demons quote the bible when it suits them, they even believe every word of it.

The Jesus that Christians promote is not the only begotten son of God nor the Jesus raised and ascended by our creator, he is anti-Christ a god that commands a large number of spirits

The creator knows what we truly believe and feel in our heart, He is not mocked.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by newday
Using the bible to justify your religious dogma is the greater evil.

You say that your Jesus is the Christ the only way to God and then you state a verse that you want to believe confirms your assertion insinuating its interpretation supports your theory.

False gods and demons quote the bible when it suits them, they even believe every word of it.

The Jesus that Christians promote is not the only begotten son of God nor the Jesus raised and ascended by our creator, he is anti-Christ a god that commands a large number of spirits

The creator knows what we truly believe and feel in our heart, He is not mocked.

I'm not sure if this was adressed to me. But are you saying that Jesus is not the only begotten Son of God? And are you saying that Jesus is the anti-Christ? And if so, who is the Jesus you think ascended up into heaven? Just wondering, because I already know what I believe. I'm just curious as to what you believe. I don't know what scriptural texts you are using to say the things you do. Could you clue me in..?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join