It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one religion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
first of all why would a benevolent and loving God pick just one part of the globe to call holy and save some random tribe?
The reality is that God(s) contacted us all over the globe, the whole planet is a holy land! Simply study different religions, scriptures and ancient texts and you will realize that the same biblical stories come up. Even different versions of Jesus and the same prophecies and promises told.

Our God(s) in heir wisdom tried to teach and warn us, soon the time will come for those chosen to be "saved" from an imminent catastrophe. The rest of us, following false prophets (Yahweh, Allah, Buddha or whatever) too blind to see the reality of things will be left to our fate.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i understand what you are saying but i think religion can really be thought of like language, we may all be discussing the same thing but unless we are willing to learn each others it would be impossible to understand the similarities or differences, its ignorance that breeds contempt not faith

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
first of all why would a benevolent and loving God pick just one part of the globe to call holy and save some random tribe?
The reality is that God(s) contacted us all over the globe, the whole planet is a holy land! Simply study different religions, scriptures and ancient texts and you will realize that the same biblical stories come up. Even different versions of Jesus and the same prophecies and promises told.

Our God(s) in heir wisdom tried to teach and warn us, soon the time will come for those chosen to be "saved" from an imminent catastrophe. The rest of us, following false prophets (Yahweh, Allah, Buddha or whatever) too blind to see the reality of things will be left to our fate.

Oracle,

Ignorance should be your greatest concern as of now . The statements that you have made they are the catalyst reasoning for the contempt and hatred in the world today..Thats probably why Islam is gaining ground on Christianity everyday. Your "judgement" of the false prophets is a perfect example of a judgmental christian who tends to deny reality.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

i just have to point out something about buddha... buddha wouldn't want his own words follow if they didn't stand to reason... so buddha can never be a false prophet, as he was never a prophet.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You started well, and finished the same as all the false prophets (Yahweh, Allah, Buddha and of course Jesus). Doomsday prophetic religion, all of them have this in common.
As madnessinmysoul said; maybe only Buddha is to be excluded from this messenger list. But again the people that have taken Buddha teaching a level up have also corrupted the initial message.
Welcome to planet earth with religion A and religion B, which one is your religion?

Kacou

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Pardon my ignorance but where is the conspiracy in your post, obviously this is your personal opinion of what you believe.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

IMO Yahweh isn't a false prophet seeing how that is God's name and in the Bible Yahweh is listed as God's name. But I believe you are right that most people are blind and don't want to listen to the truth and they will be left to their own fate but that doesn't stop me from praying for them.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by johannamoria]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I just have to laugh at this, mostly because doesn't God say in the Bible

"All paths lead onto me, for I am known by many names?"

ALL paths of beliefs, no matter how distant they may seem from each other, are part of a greater whole. ALL paths, when viewed together, form a much larger picture. It is with this understanding that, if one wants to learn the truth, one must study and look at all paths.

So yes, in essence, there is only one religion... it's just a matter of discovering it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer

ALL paths of beliefs, no matter how distant they may seem from each other, are part of a greater whole. ALL paths, when viewed together, form a much larger picture. It is with this understanding that, if one wants to learn the truth, one must study and look at all paths.

So yes, in essence, there is only one religion... it's just a matter of discovering it.

Exactly my thoughts! Thank you! Why are the religions fighting each others, why is there only one path to salvation? In which version of God you believe doesn't matter, in the end only your actions are taken into account.
Do not follow blindly pastors, imams, false prophets. Listening to different point of views in healthy of course, but you will find the truth, your truth, within you.
Scriptures (the new testament for me) offer a valuable guide on how to live a peaceful life and this is what I believe in. I do not take everything literally.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I personally believe that god and religion is man made which might explain the similarities they all have. People use to rely on oral traditions for a long time for the passage of information. I think explanations of the world and stories to point out morals and ideas got told around the village. Then through traveling people in new lands were told the same explanations and stories and over time as it spread started to be skewed with each new area and re-telling. I think thats why some aspects of religions have similarities with each other.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
Welcome to planet earth with religion A and religion B, which one is your religion?

C. Music

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Love is the only religion. It propogates families and promotes peace. Without it, life is impossible. Love is SO natural that species cannot maintain themselves without it. Love cannot be understood by a mating pair of insects for example, but they were designed by a loving creator.

I believe as a species, we are capable of understanding love and promoting a growth in consciousness. This is where TRUE religion is found. This is why we can understand Jesus and his teachings as profound.

What is a shame is all the manipulating and distraction of major religions... people outright hate religion and slander it ALL the time now. The growth of atheism on this planet is staggering.

What we don't realize is that man-made religion and all the problems that arise from church-power etc. is OUR fault. Not God's. The fact remains - Love is the only target of religion/spirituality.

The gravity which holds the universe together, holds our planet together, and keeps us in an orderly world where our feet touch the ground, that gravity is the physical expression of God's love. This is so self-evident to me and was self-evident to Newton - but it is an absolutely alien idea to most people because 'religion' has devastated their ability to think about love or God or anything bigger than themselves.

I think it's terrible what religion has become to some people - that we should probably abandon all seperate religions and take their lessons in love as the only valid direction to live by. This isn't going to happen because people have been raised to hate hippies or anything that is 'lovey' or nice. These are the same people who hate christians and muslims etc. because they think they are stupid. There's just not enough love.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxor311

Ignorance should be your greatest concern as of now . The statements that you have made they are the catalyst reasoning for the contempt and hatred in the world today..Thats probably why Islam is gaining ground on Christianity everyday. Your "judgement" of the false prophets is a perfect example of a judgmental christian who tends to deny reality.

This is what I'm talking about. Nothing but judgement, anti-religion, etc.

It's hate. People are being trained to hate one another for speaking about religion
I see it all the time. If someone mentions scripture, the bible, jesus, or anything religious, they are condemned as ignorant.

It's really not going to stop... just thought I would point out this small example.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Exactly! The majority of the population today is being born and bred to deny any path which leads to God. Any path which leads to speculation of God, or questioning of reality (especially those realities forced on us by societies and religions etc.)

Science is used as a weapon against God, by people who are too ignorant to realize that the greatest scientists were vehemently religious. Isn't that sad?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Religon is simply a bond (or a desire for a bond) between man and Deity (or God, The Creator, or "Gods", or whatever one wishes to call).
So naturally, there is only one religion.
Also, categorizing Yahweh, Allah, Buddha etc. as false prophets is not the way to begin this discussion. That's my opinion.

------
Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I was referring to my Thread “Religion A or Religion B”

Kacou

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
I was referring to my Thread “Religion A or Religion B”

My apologies.

I will submit my input in that thread since I can't simply just pick A or B.

And for this thread, I will clarify:

MUSIC is my religion.
My GOD is LOVE.
My ideal is TRUTH.
Salvation is PEACE and UNITY.

And the rest is details, as they say.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You mean there is only one true God not that God has one religion....

Religion is a form of government which was invented after the tower of Babel.

Before the tower of Babel mankind was linked in a single consciousness or they were of one mind so they didn't need any govt system or religion.

I posted just the other day at another site some about this..

Mankind suppresses some past mass trauma which forced the elevation of ego in a kind of an involuntary survival instinct.

One interpretation of several sections of scripture has all the places in pre-tower of Babel where we were one language as being linked in a single consciousness like insets because of Adams genetic manipulations and enhancements to the human genome..

Unknown tongues are treated as something that should not be possible which if you were linked into a collective consciousness you could see why the idea of an unknown tongue would be odd indeed.

Several of the occult and cult groups have the aim of re-connecting humanity into a single awareness which is one of the main reasons they are so invested and interested in all the quantum theory stuff.

Of course all things are linked in God which I have personally experienced the oneness of being tapped into the energy and essence of God I have come to believe that there is a genetic reason why this is possible for me to do.

I think the most inventive scriptures used in the one mind theory is the section in Acts where Paul confronts Elymas the sorcerer a child of the devil who was trying to prevent the governor from hearing what Paul had to say..

Elymas was blinded but the wording is such where it says that he would not see the sun for a season and that a mist and a darkness fell on him, what is suggested is not just the physical eye but the eye of the mind which they of his kind share that is the mind the children of the devil share..

But in Acts where the believers are said to be of one mind and of one accord that is used as an example of the positive aspects of that part of the brain being active, so it is not meant to be a negative or a positive just to say that we all carry these genes which if active turns on parts of our brain that make it possible for us to share a single consciousness.

These genes were first introduced into the gene pool by Adam.

What genes he used to make the single common mind possible I don't know but the DNA of a serpent like a scorpion or snake was used to mark his son Cain

Cain was the first to bear the mark of the beast, God told Adam to mark him in order that every one would know when they thought of him or saw him what he had done what he was and why.

So in essence crime made it necessary for mankind at that time to link up into one mind of sorts.

A common problem they all would share physically crime was solved by joining them all into a common collective consciousness and marking the criminals so it would be impossible to hide their crime or the state of their motives toward others..

Satan marks his people the same way so they share a collective mind they know their futures and the past of others in the commonality.

That is why they are called believers as well because they do believe they are never separated or isolated consciously from one another like all of us are.

Devil sprits are said to believe as also but of course they tremble in fear because of that knowledge they share as common whatever it is..

But there are hundreds of verses that can be interpreted as talking about a collective consciousness.

Anyway the point is religion is just a form of govt invented because we lost our collective mind no pun intended.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

ALL paths of beliefs, no matter how distant they may seem from each

No. That is not found anywhere in the Bible.
If you believe the Bible you will see that it was through specific channels that God worked through.
Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus.
There were not multiple ways of worship that were acceptable to God.

The Israelites had the ten commandments and hundreds of laws that they had to follow.
Jesus never said that it did not matter what you believed or what religion you were. No, he gave very specific instructions to his followers and he condemned the Sadducees and Pharasees for their form of worship.

You may believe in the Bible or you may not... but the Bible makes it clear that not all forms of worship are acceptable.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Of course it doesn't matter how you belive or what you believe. Hebrew, Jew, Judian, Catholic, Roman Catholic, Orthodoxy, Ethiopian Catholics, Christians, Lutherians, Protestants, Seventh Day, J Witnesses... All use the Bible, all worship differently, all worship to the same diety.

Catholics, Muslems, Jews... all worship the same diety, all use the same REFERENCE material for their respective religions.

Sumerian, Babylonian... their stories were the basis for the Old Testament. Zoroaster, a religious leader for Sumeria, taught of a one god, was exiled, and fled to India. It was his teachings that sparked the Hindu belief system.

Mayan / Incan... had a figure called Ytzamna. He was able to heal the sick, rasie the dead, and perform miracles. He came from across the Eastern Sea, and bore wounds upon both his hands and feet, as if punctured. There is a stone city in South America that is described in Ezekial. American Indians new of the Crist, flood, one god, trinity, etcetera, way before the Spaniards came and slaughtered them because only Satan could have given them that knowledge.

God had hs four arch angels. Indians had their creator with the four great spirits, Mayans had the four bacab. Mormons speak of how Jesus walked the lands of America.

Wiccans believe in both the God and the Goddess. Mother Mary was originally seen as a replacement for the goddess figure. Mary had the virgon birth of Jesus. Zoroaster was born of a virgin. Horus was born of a virgin. All three of the bearers of light died and came back.

Gates of Heaven, Gates of Hell, Revelations. Rainbow Bridge, Asgard, Raknarok. Demons, devils, Frost giants, Titans, all to return at the end to overthrow the current dieties. Gates, levels of hell / heaven, as taught by the Kabala.

On and on the examples can be given, that all religions and beliefs are intertwined. Oh wait, here's some for the holidays!

Pagans, wiccans, druids... Candle mas anyone? Wait, silly me, it's Christmas now, isn't it? The Catholic Church took over pagan holidays to use as their own, so that their religion could be more appealing.

You really think Easter is about the resurrection of Christ?

I don't believe in the bible; it was a book written by man. Now, the Quran was a book dictated by an archangel... does that make the Muslems better? I'd like to think the Gospel of Thomas was more correct... you don't need to go to church or listen to a preist to find God "under each stone, behind every log, you shall find me".

Now, back to the thread...

Catholics fight Protestants. WHY?! Same god, same book!

Catholics fight Jews! WHY?! Because one believes jesus was the Son of Man and the other doesn't think he was the Messiah? SO WHAT!

Catholics (sure to fight alot of people, don't they?) fight Muslems. WHY?! Same god, same prophets, same book. Different perspectives!

Which is the real God? The Old Testament, with piss and vinegar and brimstone and vengence, or the New with love and caring? Who's is the right path? Who has the right to say that theirs is the true way?

True traditional Kabalists excepted all views and all paths. Gnostics tried to seek the truth no matter where it was. It is with these systems that we as a whole should learn, and to understand and grow from and with each other.

Likewise, you cannot have God without Satan, Heaven without Hell, Light without Dark. There cannot be one without the other... cannot promise one without the threat of another. Satanists believe in God, and are welcome to ask for forgiveness upon their deathbeds.

You see, all paths do intertwine with each other... learn from them, and you can begin to understand things a little bit better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join