It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow earth and planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hello Mr Lear. Seeing as you have a belief that the earth and moon could be hollow, i figured this would be a good post to add here.

I found a clip on youtube about hollow earth theory that intrigued me. I am skeptical, as it would mean that a lot of seismology is wrong, but, on the other hand, i am particularly attracted to this theory for some reason. The only reason that i considered it is because they actually address the seismological data and propose their own interpretation of it, using the mysterious 'shadow zone' at the core to explain the hollow cavity. All you really know in seismology is where the waves went in, and where they came out. Where they travel inside the earth is open to interpretation. And their interpratation seems quite scientifically sound. www.hollowplanets.com...

The deepest anyone has ever drilled is 22 miles, and they found no magma at all, they still have over 2000 miles to go. another misconception about this is that volcanoes prove the earth is not hollow, but that is not necissarily true. Volcanoes are also a crustal phenomenon, no deeper than 30 miles down. They get their heat from high concentrations of radioactive istopes and friction between plates.

Currently planetary formation theories completely leave out the effects of the electric currents and magnetic fields that travel through the earth, and what effect they would have on the formation of planets, so the possibility is there, I suppose. The earths magnetic field is huge, so anomalies in formation at the magnetic poles is actually a possibility that you cannot rule out.

heres the clip;

link; uk.youtube.com...

If the earth is hollow, so to are other planets and bodies in space. Maybe that is how gravity works. There have been many rumours about the moon being hollow before. As a scientist, i do find it unlikely, but i still find it an interesting hypothesis.

One of the people in it is actually planning an expedition to the north pole to see if it is true in 2008 with a bunch of other scientists.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Your youtube link doesn't work, try posting a direct link to the youtube page.

edit: I usually end up always posting both myself, as sometimes they can be annoying to embed. Works now.

[edit on 12/9/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i'm wondering how Brooks is coming along..it was delayed until Nov..

www.youtube.com...

join