It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could there be underwater beings?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have been wondering if it is posible if there is intellegent life that lives underwater that has been there longer than us. what do you think?
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Of course it isnt a stupid question. I think that it is a possibility. But you also have to look at the amount of eveidence in favor of such a claim. If there is no such evidence, then you cant readily support the idea. Well, rationally anyways.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The possability is there, afterall 2/3 of the earth is covered in water and most is relativly unexplored.

However if they have never made contact with us in the last 2000 years, you have to ask how intelligent are they, are we talking about dolphin or whale intelligence, which are only as smart as dogs (which can be more stupid than doorknobs sometimes)

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well if they are, they are atleast smart enough to stay away from our barbaric race.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The oceans are pretty deep, so I think there could be fish people living underwater. But if that's the case, don't you think they would have done something by now, or we would find some sort of evidence of their existence?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why would they want to interact with the most deadly mammal on the planet.

Even if they had tried years ago when we first started sailing, we would have called them monsters and tried to kill them.

The Mareanas Trench (not sure spelling right) could easily conceal a huge city/civilisation as could many others areas of the deep ocean without us knowing a thing about them.
If they had any sort of technology may be able to confuse sonar etc.

The long traditional 'myths' about merpeople could be a possibility. All those old pictures and stories of monsters may well be creatures used in battle by these underwater dwellers but slowly have died out or are being kept safely at the ocean bottom away from our prying science.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
if there was seapeople wouldn't one of the dead bodies have washed up on the shores??

We see whale carcasses and other marine life washing up on shore, but I don't think we have ever found any seapeople.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
this sounds like the mermaid myth, lol

I heard once a while back that they found "evidence" of a mermaid but I can't remember what they found

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
if there was seapeople wouldn't one of the dead bodies have washed up on the shores??

We see whale carcasses and other marine life washing up on shore, but I don't think we have ever found any seapeople.

...........or have we? (plays the twilight zone music).....

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If they are far enough away from land their bodies would decompose in the water, or if they are intelligent they would dispose of them in other ways. After all ceremonial burial is a hallmark of a society.

If they are like "mermaids" then they may not have use for many tools, and again these would be far from the coast if any got lost.

I wonder what mermaids would taste like? You would get a couple of good fillets from them and they probably would bbq up nicely!

Lets go fishing!!!

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Actually chrystal, you have posed a very interesting question. And an intelligent one.

For my personal experience, check this out-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then, go to this site
Water UFO's

Hopefully, this helps you with your wondering of the existense of aliens, and their crafts, in our oceans.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Now that i think about it, if there are intellegent underwater beings, kindof like the abyss, i don't thnk they would want to come into contact with the human world, it would be a big safety risk for them. i wonder what their body structure would be like though. it would have to be able to withstand great pressure. also, i know we havn't been that fat down in the ocean, but you wouldn't think there would be all that much vegetation down there, what would they eat?

Maybe they would hunt jiant squid of something, lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
abyss. i love that movie. i think it was the first movie to explore the idea of intelligent life in our oceans. what i didn't like was the way they didn't go into any detail of who or what the beings were

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well aside from just sea life I have heard of reports from anonymous sources from the Navy both of the U.S. and other countries that they have spotted ojects on their submarine radar traveling at incredible speed along the ocean floor. These objects I've heard are called USO's (Underwater Submarine Objects). The link below is the only place so far I can find such proof if it is true. I'll try and find more on the web. If in fact these USO's are aliens from other planets, the ocean is a great place to hide. After all, 70% of our planet is made of water.

www.space-2001.net...

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

No, but their eggs have.

seamonkeyworship.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Interesting i have thought about it too and i do think there could be some sort of intelligence down below the waves, lots of sightings of UFO's going into the water, underwater is perfect hiding place as we have hardly explored ocean yet we think we know everything about it (makes me laugh that).

Also if there were some sort of ancient human race under water maybe more advanced than us from long ago, possible they noticed an incoming cataclysm and went under the ocean to survive it out, possible some came back up and collonised the land again and some stayed below waves?

USO's are interesting and do exist but what are they?

We are building better machines and robot probes that can go deeper so soon we will bound to bump into something amazing...

About thier food what if they took food with them when they went below and grow their own as well as live stock, vegies, and obvious supply of fishy foods.

Obviously they must be peaceful or maybe we just out number them who knows?

Thats for the Human side of things

NOW onto Alien or unknown species of Earth intelligence

Well its possible dolphins are intelligent, giant squids are scary intelliegence and see in colour like we do, could be squid like creatures that evolved but then why have we not seen them through out recorded history??

could be alien bases observing us our morals etc etc....

i would think it could be more human old civilization than aliens under water though.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Myabe there were and maybe there are. Maybe thye just know how humans are wed want to take over right away and stuff like that, and scientists konw mopre about distant stars than our own ocean and say there are about 30,000,000 species of fish or watever in the oceans.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think it is possible but how far could they advance with out fire? Think about it for a moment how much of our civilation revolve around fire, welding, forging, plastics, etc how much can be done without fire?

What I am saying is although they might be inteligant I dont see how they could be very advanced

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It would be on this site:
www.underwatertimes.com...

Like I said, here is a blob like substance appearing biological! (this article is from above site)

www.sfgate.com.../gate/archive/2003/08/08/MNoddblob.DTL

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher: if there was seapeople wouldn't one of the dead bodies have washed up on the shores??

Well think about the Governmental Marine agencies, CIA, FBI, I believe even NASA gets involved in maritime affairs sometimes. Parallel UFO coverups to 'dead sea body' coverups. They'll just say its a beached whale or something and sealoff that section of the beach to the public and deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join