It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel says Iran could have nuclear bomb by 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Israel says Iran could have nuclear bomb by 2010

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel believes Iran will have the resources to create a nuclear weapon by 2010 despite a U.S. intelligence report that it was not building an atomic bomb, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said on Sunday.

Olmert told his cabinet that Iran was continuing to enrich uranium and develop ballistic missiles and that Israel would press the U.N's International Atomic Energy Agency to "expose Iran's nuclear weapons activity."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I believe this is complete disinformation, the US and the UN has both confirmed that Iran's Nuclear program was suspended in 2003. Yet they are still talking about striking Iran and wanting more sanctions.

If Iran is still working on anything nuclear it is for civilian use. I find it interesting that Israel is not giving any facts about there claim.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We've been waiting for a fake report since it was proven Iran's nuclear weapons program was shut down since 2003.

It was clear Israel wouldn't like the fact that the truth was out, and we all knew they would spin a lie in order to sway public opinion against Iran again.

Basically, we were expecting Israel to lie, and here it is. Right on time.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Israel is still desperately trying to get the US to sacrifice it's blood and treasure for the good of Israel. Fortunately it seems that unlike in Iraq, the US public and much of it's leadership are treating Israeli (and it's US Likudnik allies') propaganda with the appropriate skepticism.

Even in the Bush White House, it appears Rice and her realists have finally overcome Cheney and his neocon faction. I am quite glad at this point that a conflict between the US and Iran appears to have been averted.

If the Israelis want to start a fight with Iran, let them do it on their own.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

If the Israelis want to start a fight with Iran, let them do it on their own.

My sentiments exactly.

You would think that a group who so enjoys flaunting their own persecution would be a bit hesitant to persecute others.

However, this doesn't really seem to be the case.

Israel seems to be all to quick to wipe as many Muslims off the planet as quickly and efficiently as the United States military can do it.

I say, let them duke it out and bring OUR troops home.

By the way, can we please send the Israel lobbyists in this country to Israel?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hmmm, lets say there is this country in the Middle East:

1) The country in question has in the past invaded her neighbors (sometime justified, sometimes not)

2) The country in question has not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty nor does it allow insepctions of its nuclear facilities.

3) The country in question has operated an active nuclear weapons program and has refused calls for it to open them up to international scrutiny.

4) The country in question has stolen weapons grade nuclear material from its closes ally and protector.

5) The country posses the delivery capacity for its estimated 100-200 weapons and is widely beleived to have developed and deployed a boosted fission weapon aka the hydrogen bomb. The range of these weapons could hold Asia, Europe, Africa, and the middle east at risk.

6) The country in question also has an active biological and chemical weapons program.

What exactly would we do about it? This country sounds far more scary than say Iran which has stopped its program eh?. Or Iraq which apparently had almost nothing. But hey since its Isreal its okay. The bottom line is that either the ENTIRE ME should be nuclear free.

Its amazing to me what type of intell we get when it is not massaged, cooked, and redone to suit administration desires eh? Im guessing the Bush by which I mean Cheney, and Isreal were caught off guard and this is a last desprite attempt to beat the drums of war.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Aside from you being a dirty tree huggin hippie, I'm right there with ya fred!

J/K about the dirty thing, I'm quite confident that you aren't dirty.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm hoping that they take advantage of some sort of program even before that. Iran deserves to have an absolute, unshakable defense against their neighbor. A neighbor who has proven itself to be untrustworthy, and relentless in it's pursuit for complete power and control over it's neighbors.

My argument for Iran is the exact same argument I used in buying guns. I used to believe guns were the downfall of every part of life. I looked at the situation more closely and saw that my "enemies" had guns, of which they wouldn't hesitate to use to garner some sense of authority or control over me. Now that I have guns, we're on an equal playing field to some degree. I don't see any harm in Iran having a nuclear weapon when every nation around it has had those capabilities for the past decade or more.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The last time I looked we also give Israel something like 17 million dollars a day. If this funding stopped so would most of the conflicts that happen in the middle east.

Why is it that ethnic cleansing is not cool anywhere in the world, unless it involves Israel?

How we have allowed Israel to gain so much support within our government is beyond me?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The greed I've witnessed from Israel has to be the most tenacious pursuit of dominance I've ever seen in my entire life. What they do to the people who inhabited the land before they were given it in 1948 makes me more angry than anything else I've come across. Israel needs to have a "checks and balance," and nuclear capability from Iran is just what the doctor ordered.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Go ask some of Israel's staunch supporters here at ATS.

Good luck with that though haha. I have yet to get any sort of valid response to my questions.

I must admit, it still makes me freaking SICK everytime I see one of the "Support Israeli Goods" signatures.

jasn

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Because underneath all the politics lays the ground work of religious extremism. Zionist Christians support Israel's creation for one thing, to start the end of the world. All actions taken to Israel is to ensure the that the temple is built and that itself will fulfill their prophecy that Jesus will return and the world will end.

The only reason why Israel gets to do what it wants is because politicians are refusing to look past their religion to see the wrong doings committed in this part of the world.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

bah shows you how much you know
I try to shower at least once a week. that tie dyed stuff can get a little ichy. But alas I am a Republican. A Northern California republican mind you which makes me a Democrat just about everywhere else in the country and my politics are more or less aligned with our Governator.

However, Isreal's lobby reaches way beyond meer party affiliation. AIPAC's quite a mover and shaker

top topics

join