It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow earth full of water?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How deep can we image the earth with seismic or radar gear? It seems to me that if we could image deep enough, it would be obvious even to the most diehard hollow earth proponents that the hollow earth theory is false. If there really were a hollow space within the earth, it would be extremely obvious on such instruments, if they have the range to find it. I conclude, therefore, that either the earth is not hollow, or that our instruments cannot reach that far and hence the debate.

Also, keep in mind that we know the mass and volume of the Earth, and that these are undisputed numbers in science, at least within a very small margin of error. With these two numbers we can calculate the density of the Earth, and if there were any sort of hollow space, the density would be smaller than expected. How would we know what density to expect? We know what density rocks and dirt and water and the other components of the earth are, so we have a reasonable idea what the density should be, though admittedly there could be a larger margin of error. (For instance, if the earth's core were lead, as opposed to, something light like lithium, not that I'm saying it's either
just examples.)

Also worth mentioning is that a lot of really old science fiction, like 100+ years, most notably Jules Verne's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" has the idea of a hollow earth. I suspect these early sci-fi works are the origin of the hollow earth idea, and I don't think it's hollow, myself, but I've never seen a seismic image proving otherwise.

I'll see if I can dig up some values for the densities of common earth materials and then do the simple earth density calculation and post them here shortly.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

From google calculator:
radius of Earth = 6 378 100 meters
mass of Earth = 5.9742 × 1024 kilograms

Assume earth is a sphere, because it's pretty close, and good enough for this calculation.

Volume = (4 * pi * radius^3) / 3
Density = Mass / Volume
Therefore: Density = (3 * mass) / (4 * pi * radius^3)
And Density = 5496.89164 kg/m3 according to Dragonsdemesne

According to the wikipedia link, it is 5515 kg/m3, probably owing to them using more exact radius and mass numbers, and using the real earth shape, which is a little bit different than a sphere.

Anyway, note particularly this point in the wiki article:

The average density of Earth is 5515 kg/m3, making it the densest planet in the Solar system. Since the average density of surface material is only around 3000 kg/m3, we must conclude that denser materials exist within Earth's core. Further evidence for the high density core comes from the study of seismology.

In other words, since the surface of the earth has a lighter density than the average density of the earth, the rest of the mass has to be deep inside the planet. Seismic technology shows that there aren't any huge hollow areas inside the earth. I could imagine that there are a few small hollow areas of negligible volume compared to the volume of the earth, kind of like reverse islands, but there cannot possibly be any hollow area of significant size, or it would be borne out by either the mass calculations or the seismology images.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Inside the Hollow Earth Pt.1/10
youtube.com...

Author Rodney Cluff shared his beliefs that the Hollow Earth Theory is real. He suggested that through openings in both the North and South polar regions, one can enter into a vast inner continent that is lit by an internal sun.
From witness testimonies such as that of Olaf Jansen, a 19th century Norwegian, Cluff presented a variety of data about the inner earth world. Vegetation is very lush there, he said-- apples grow can grow as large as a person's head, and grapes are the size of oranges. The inhabitants are also quite large, from 7 to 15 ft. tall and can live up to 800 years old, Cluff detailed. Rather than aliens, he believes they are descendants from one of the Lost Tribes of Israel. Through their technology they have built "flying saucers" manned by androids, he noted. Cluff has teamed up with Steve Currey's expedition company and is planning a 24-day trip aboard a Russian Nuclear IceBreaker that hopes to enter the North polar opening and proceed into the inner earth world.

Hollow Earth: Kevin & Matthew Taylor Pt.1/12
youtube.com...

Father and son researchers Kevin & Matthew Taylor presented their Hollow Earth theory, which includes the idea that there is an inner sun and a "perfect environment" for supporting life inside the Earth. In fact, the Taylors contend that beings, thousands of years ahead of us evolved there, and orchestrated humanity's development. "I believe UFOs, gods and Inner Earth people are all one thing," said Kevin.

The Taylors painted a picture of the inner world:
Because there is little to no gravity, trees and other life forms grow much taller or bigger.
There is constant warmth and daylight from the radiating sun.
A shallow ocean travels through the land masses.
The visual perspective is much different than here as there is no horizon. Continents appear to float in the clouds.

Planets the size of Earth and Mars evolve to become hollow and then expand under their own gravitational power, explained the Taylors. They also related that the Great Flood from the time of Noah was created by the Hollow Earth inhabitants who released the water in a careful manner in order to correct an imbalance and guard against a potential meteor impact.

Hollow Earth Expedition: Brooks Agnew Pt.1/4
youtube.com...

Raised in Pasadena, California Dr. Brooks Agnew spent most of his youth hanging aroung Cal Tech and the folks who co-oped at Jet Propulsion Labs. He entered the Airforce in 1973 where he became an electronics engineer. After earning an honorable discharge he attended Brigham Young, Western Kentucky, and Tennessee Technological Universities. He has a bachelor's degree in Chemistry, a master's degree in statistics, and a PhD in physics.

He has published more than 100 articles and papers on subjects ranging from radiation spectroscopy to transdimensional movement through spacetime, and was a featured scientist in the 1997 Wendy Robbins documentary on HAARP, "Holes in Heaven." He currently is a consultant to the manufacturing industry where his designs have saved or provided more than a thousand jobs in two states. He holds multiple patents in chemistry. He also teaches mathematics at Gaston College in North Carolina. Dr. Agnew has recently co-authored a landmark publication on the creation of the earth, The Ark of Millions of Years.

Scientific Hollow Earth: Jan Lamprecht Pt.1/11
youtube.com...

Author Jan Lamprecht is interviewed by Art bell Jan.31 2003 about his scientifically ground-breaking book "Hollow Planets".

A scientific examination of the possibility earth, mercury, and venus are hollow.

Born in Zimbabwe, now living in Johannesburg, South Africa, Jan Lamprecht has been involved with computer programming, consulting, etc., for the last 19 years. He has had an intense interest in offbeat subjects such as UFOs, etc., since his teenage years. His book, Hollow Planets was published in July 1999. He is currently working on a follow-up book which will concentrate on many Arctic mysteries and issues which have been long ignored.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Jbird]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join