It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAPS Faking evidence?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't know if they blatantly fake evidence (although the OP does raise some questions). To me it seems more that TAPS exaggerates mundane occurances to make them seem paranormal, and doesn't try hard enough to explain away alledged paranormal happenings. There have been a few occasions that I thought of an obvious non-paranormal explanation for something they call paranormal, yet they don't seem to think of these explanations -- or maybe they do, but ignore them.

But then again, it's just a TV show. The job of the people of TAPS is to make money for Sci-fi channel and themselves. Ghost-hunting is merely that vehicle for making money.

The show is a business, NOT a public service.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree that you can only hold appeal for so long before people tune out and the pressure involved can affect even the most forthright in some cases.

That being said, TAPS isn't here to defend themselves so even though it's important to expose funny business, it's also important to get both sides of things.

I see where they responded in a general statement to some other accusations but I think a point by point explanation is in order.

In other words, we need to get them here to debate these issues on a level playing field.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by banyan

but take a look at the pictures, the left says 12.47.49. the right says 10.15.52 p . now granted, they both have the same date stamp, but 12:47 in the morning and 10:15 at night are still the same day the last time i checked. the first photograph is from the investigation and the second was taken after, trying to recreate their findings later that day.

for the above poster to be right about claiming the right picture was taken two hours before, the time stamps would be the same, but the dates would be off, the left picture would have to say 11/11/06, because we KNOW they are doing this at night. 12:47 in the morning is the start of a new day.

Makes perfect sense to me. Can't believe I missed that ugh.
And if you want to talk about battery levels that's just nitpicking.

A possible solution for that is as you may well know if you turn off an electrical device which shows no battery, and turn it on a few hours later it will show a small amount replenished.

Another possible solution is that white indicates battery lost, not battery left. Though that would seem counterintuitive, who knows. The fact is we don't know so we have to dismiss it.

I hold taps in high regards and until anyone can come up with something showing them faking all of their evps and other evidence, that'll stay the same. I think their work is brilliant.

But please, if you have more to show us then do. I love the truth no matter what it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
This particular episode the tate/manson is one of 2 things. A Bribe or blackmail.

Could be as the owner is writing a movie about the murders. Also they either have started using the K2 meter or atleast used it once.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have to find some more but found this one so far. I will keep adding to this post so check back. I know there is a video of Jason knocking on a wall somewhere.

www.skepticalviewer.com...

go to 2:47 and watch Jasons left hand
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-12-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think there are plenty of episodes that they find nothing and state as such. I think TAPs the best version of a "ghost hunter" show to date. They seem to DEBUNK tons of stuff. So I don't think they mess with anything. If they do, it's mild and it is just a show after all.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Why wouldn't you recharge the battery when you are using the camera again... 22 hours later? Your own pictures show this is the case. I still haven't seen any evidence presented that shows them doctoring evidence.

Do you understand what's going on in the video? They saw an apparition, and decided to do a recreation in order to see if there really is anything there. Why would they have a 22 hour time gap in between the sighting and recreation? Why would they recharge their battery so little in 22 hours?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned the Henson studio footage has been explained. I made a mistake with my perceptions. Hey, it happens to the best of us. But I still can not wrap my mind around the temp drop in the first example. Maybe we should leave the already explained portion alone and concentrate on the other part?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
In regards to TAPS manipulating footage, I would be more inclined to believe that the editors/production company are snipping the footage to make good TV and not to create what is not there. Color correction in the editing process as well as making the scene "work" on the screen requires some creative cutting. Also, unknown to most people these TAPS investigations take more than the one night they portray it as on the show. Sometimes they spend several days/weeks in on location and then have to cram all of that footage into a nice 40 minute segment. You'll notice wardrobe, weather, and sometimes personnel changes throughout the shows but this is IMO not meant to deceive but to avoid having a 6 hr. Sci-Fi Marathon for every place they visit.

I have been a fan of GH since the beginning and have gripes about it as well. If you stop and think about it though they have episodes were they literally find NOTHING, so if they have the ability and are actively trying to deceive why wouldn't they do it more often and with something that actually makes your jaw drop.

Just my .02

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What I find very funny are all the people coming out of the wood work saying "its just a TV show". I understand that it is a TV show. I am not the one who presents it as being real. I am exhibiting the falseness of it. The thing that gets me about all the BS behind it is this: There are nonthinking people out there who see TAPS and think that it is 100% real. They present it as being real. And when they screw up it makes those of us in the field look bad. The actions of a few screwing things up for everyone. If they are going to present things that are not 100% accurate then they should put a disclaimer on the show or something.

What is sad is that in this day and age ratings mean more to people than integrity. Can I do anything to change that? No. Does that mean it shouldn't bother me?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
If you stop and think about it though they have episodes were they literally find NOTHING, so if they have the ability and are actively trying to deceive why wouldn't they do it more often and with something that actually makes your jaw drop.

That's just it! If I were going to fake something like this I would do it the same way. It's much more believable if you are having fewer incidents. I mean lets face it, if they were having all kinds of activity on every show like they do on the other less credible productions we'd be less inclined to believe them.

I don't know what's going on and I do think they should be able to defend themselves but they should also be exposed if they are doing anything and I mean anything wrong.

Minuscule or not, deception is deception and a lie is a lie.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondoI don't know what's going on and I do think they should be able to defend themselves but they should also be exposed if they are doing anything and I mean anything wrong.

Minuscule or not, deception is deception and a lie is a lie.

I think at first maybe the first season or two they meant well but whatever changed I think it was during Brian's second stint it changed for some reason. They don't defend themselves and from what I've seen Jason has verbally attacked people who even try and discredit the evidence. I guess he was on the scifi boards doing that. I didn't see it just heard about it. I was a believer up until the halloween special and I checked the scifi boards and there was alot of people talking about how some of the evidence is faked. You have to admit that at first Jason wasn't calling anything haunted but now most places are haunted. I know the last episode where they captured a shadow person in a rocking chair was a reflection. I wish I could find that clip again it showed/explained what happened.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The only thing I have noticed about TAPS my wife and I have discussed before.
It seems like the first season everything was nothing to them it was always dust or something else and I recall him (can’t think of his name but the guy with the shaved head) saying he was reluctant to say anyplace was haunted. Since that first season it seems every place has something and I have heard the same guy say several places are haunted now.

I’m not saying they are or are not faking evidence but it seemed strange to me and my wife and I have talked about it before. But then again it is somewhat entertaining when I do watch it and it is television after all.

Raist

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I took the two photos in question and was quickly changing back and forth between the two of them. Although the same second (1/2 second) is shown, half way through 6 and 7, there is definite movement between the two. Jason's head moves forward. Now, does the temperature reading register this small movement as trying to measure his newly moved forhead? Or is there simply a problem with editing? Is the HUD entirely from the same camera, or is it a composite of different devices?

I honestly don't think there is enough evidence to say they are faking, but I do agree with the above poster on the difference between early seasons (orbs = dust) compared to recent episodes (orbs = loose energy). They have gotten a tad more flaky.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just a thought- but ghosts DO have a tendancy to mess with batteries and the like. Maybe the camera malfunctioned or something.

I would like to believe that TAPS is more above board then say the team on Most Haunted. Those people have something scary or wierd happen to them in EVERY episode.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon

I honestly don't think there is enough evidence to say they are faking, but I do agree with the above poster on the difference between early seasons (orbs = dust) compared to recent episodes (orbs = loose energy). They have gotten a tad more flaky.

There is alot of stuff out there I just can't find it anymore. But if you go to the scifi ghost hunters boards they have a thread about it if anything you have to search but it's there. I just can't post it because it's not really a direct link and there's no video I don't think. But The last two episodes where they saw shadow people one was a house where some guy supposedly killed himself and they said they caught a shadow but it was actually a statue. And the other one was a reflection. You can even see where the books are in the shadow. I've watched the show from the beginning and thought they were on the up and up and I think they were at first but they've or the show has changed. Grant or Jason is a executive producer so he has a say in what goes onto the show.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
OK, my wife (a member) had to show me this thread about TAPS technical issues. While I think many of you have some very good points about the possible manipulation of data, there has been no proof so far that these inconsistancies were not done in post production. (or being the skeptic ... WAY post production)
As someone mentioned that the thermal data could have been recreated 22 hours later, it's entirely possible that they used a different camera altogether!?! I'm sure they have more than one thermal imaging camera, with 3 vans full of gear! Also, the interpolation of the 66.4 to 64.6 numbers looks a bit dodgy and would more likely have been screwed up by someone splitting the footage for commercial breaks.
I'm no stranger to show biz and understand the pressures of creating "product", however I am also a professional photographer (yep, hang tags and all), so I have seen how raw material can be manipulated by others after it's been shot, edited and turned in. Some of you seem to be holding TAPS accountable for what seem like rather minor post production errors that they may never have seen...OK, I'd like to believe their 'blue collar' work ethic. However, while it IS their responsibility to adhere to the highest industry standards, I think TAPS has done a great job (comparitively) of at least trying to maintain a more scientific approach to a very slippery subject while offering a commercially viable product to the masses.
I had to join this site just to put my 2 cents worth in, so please forgive me if I've missed some more recent (and perhaps informative) posts. Last thing though...being a photog, I gotta remind everyone that those are copyrighted images that are being reproduced...any conspiracy theories on that?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Not to get off topic but has anyone watched Paranormal State?

I believe they are trying to be on the up and up but I can see where it may go downhill fast. Pressure to stay popular or gain popularity can certainly give you ideas if not cause you to manipulate something.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tempt_f8As someone mentioned that the thermal data could have been recreated 22 hours later, it's entirely possible that they used a different camera altogether!?! I'm sure they have more than one thermal imaging camera, with 3 vans full of gear! Also, the interpolation of the 66.4 to 64.6 numbers looks a bit dodgy and would more likely have been screwed up by someone splitting the footage for commercial breaks.

Here's the thing about the thermal footage. Somebody on the scifi boards did contact Grant on myspace asking about it and Grant said he'd get back to him and he has not yet. It's been a few months.
forums.scifi.com...

This one is about the thermal footage.
forums.scifi.com...

six

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

I dont think that could be the same day two hours earlier. If so wouldnt the date on the later time be one day AHEAD? The first time was 10:15 the second time was after midnight. But both show the same day. The only way that could have happend is if they were investigating in the morning before noon. Did they go back on the same day to try and recreate this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join