It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parade Magazine UFO Article and Voting Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
For those of you that haven't seen today's (December 9, 2007) Parade article "UFOs - Are they Out There" check it out here.

It is just another, in a long list of "mainstream media" watered down, SETI focused acrticles that position Newtonian physics as the baseline all possible science.

At the very least, vote in there poll. As of this morning, 96% of the votes were for believe in UFO's.

UFOs - Are They Out There

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamLandMan

The title says only "Are They Out There?", it does not have the "UFO" part, was it added by you or was it removed since you saw it?

Also, the poll asks "Do you believe life exists beyond our planet?", it does not ask if I believe in UFOs.

So, did they changed the article title and the poll or did you saw what you wanted to see and not what was really there?

I wonder why the poll results are different for different browsers.

Opera (the one I used to vote and the first I used to see that page) shows me: Yes-97% No-3% for 93 responses.

After trying to vote without (apparentely) any result, I tried Internet Explorer 7. It says: Yes-93% No-7% for 105 responses.

After that I launched Firefox to see what it would show; it shows: Yes-97% No-3% for 97 responses.

Veeery strange.......

[edit on 9/12/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I went over there and voted. Looks like a few more of the non-believers in life outside of our planet have tallied in their votes. I pretty much don't listen to anything that SETI has to say anymore, as I feel they are just an arm of the propeganda / spin machine. Most of their people go on and on about how it would be impossible for anything outside of radio signals to reach our planet from other civilizations based on OUR understanding of physics and propulsional systems at this stage in our evolution.They usually don't have an open mind to the possibility that there may be civilizations out there that might be a million years more advanced than us, and that may have understandings of physics and traveling means that we can not even comprehend at this stage of our knowledge.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am sorry for flooding this thread with the poll results, but I think it's on topic.

Now, after a refresh in each browser, these are the results:

Opera: Yes-90% No-10% for a total of 103 responses
Internet Explorer: Yes-94% No-6% for a total of 112 responses
Firefox: Yes-94% No-6% for a total of 122 responses

After another refresh it shows:

Opera: Yes-96% No-4% for a total of 128 responses
Internet Explorer: Yes-84% No-16% for a total of 193 responses
Firefox: Yes-95% No-5% for a total of 151 responses

Another refresh:

Opera: Yes-94% No-6% for a total of 107 responses
Internet Explorer: Yes-97% No-3% for a total of 111 responses
Firefox: Yes-94% No-6% for a total of 122 responses

Another refresh:

Opera: Yes-97% No-3% for a total of 99 responses
Internet Explorer: Yes-93% No-7% for a total of 105 responses
Firefox: Yes-97% No-3% for a total of 99 responses

I think I will stop for some time.

If this trend of apparently random results (including the number of responses!) continues then I will consider that site (that I had never seen before) a useless site, at least for their polls.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The question has 100% been changed. I first noticed the article in the printed Parade magazine in my Sunday paper. On the cover the Parade magazine it asks UFO's - Are they Out There. The article inside is titled "Are They Out There", sorry for the confusion.

However, at the end of the printed article on Page 18 it asks "Do You Believe in UFOs? Tell Us at Parade.com." When I voted this morning the question was "Do You Believe in UFO's?. There were 112 votes. Now, two hours later the question is "Do You belive Life exists beyond our planet? As of 1:52 pm (EST) there were 99 votes total.

Strange

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sounds like something is fishy with that site. I wonder who's pulling the strings over there. I noticed when I submitted my vote it was 97% (yes) to 3% (no), then when I recehcked about a minute later it was 92% to 8%...Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
19:05 here in Portugal and the results are:

Opera: Yes-85% No-15% for a total of 208 responses
Internet Explorer: Yes-97% No-3% for a total of 104 responses
Firefox: Yes-97% No-3% for a total of 98 responses

At 19:15:
Opera: Yes-85% No-15% for a total of 213 responses
Internet Explorer: Yes-85% No-15% for a total of 213 responses
Firefox: Lets me answer again! I answer "Yes"
Yes-85% No-15% for a total of 214 responses

Now it looks like a consistent result.

At 19:30:
Opera and IE let me answer again. I do not answer, but I think whatever it was that was making those strange results has disappeared. Unfortunately, any confidence I may have had in that poll has also disappeared.

new topics

top topics

join