It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify this object?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hi,

Earlier I opened my windows in order to close the shutters and while doing so I saw an orange colored object cross the sky. I don't think it was a plane because it left no condensation trails behind it and it was too high and too big to be a helicopter.

Picture

My first thought would be an aircraft with propeller engines (since there was no trails) with orange sunset light being reflected of it.

Still I find it strange, any ideas?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Without zooming in I'd say a plane that wasn't high enough to leave a contrail with the sun bouncing off it. I've seen similar ones to that before. It could still be climbing out from an airport, or descending into one. It doesn't have to be a propeller plane, just one that isn't in the right conditions to leave a contrail, in fact from it's size it's a jet.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I was able to zoom this to 3200% and i must say although there is little definition to the object, what struck me is its bulky nature.

I see the shape of an airplane to be more linear and elongated where as this object seems almost as thick as it is long / wide.

this could just be the effect of reflected sunlight as a non-pilot and person terrified of flying it is hard for me to say.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes I can identify it for you, no problem at all my friend.

It's a little orange speck in the sky.

Could be a cheesy wotsit

[edit on 9uSunday07/27/20 by paul76]

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It would depend on the angle of the plane to the camera. Under certain angles, like where it was coming towards the camera it would appear blockier than if it was going parallel to the camera. And it also depends on the type of aircraft. A 747 would appear blockier because of the bubble on top of the fuselage.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
thanks for the information mate.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I cropped the image and resized it but couldn't get any definite details from the object.

The lights just blur anything out.

Nice catch though. Keep hunting and you'll get something good eventually.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. It must be a plane, your right!

top topics

join