It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Section 4a of Terms and Conditions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

4a) Unauthorized Marketing: ATTENTION MARKETERS: You will not engage in efforts of viral or "stealth marketing" on these discussion boards without prior approval of The Above Network, LLC. Source

Now I personally know nothing about marketing and advertising, but it seems to me that viral or "stealth marketing" is not something that we would want here at ATS.

My question is this. How often is this type of marketing approved the The Above Network, LLC, and how does it affect me as the average user?

CT

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
How often is this type of marketing approved the The Above Network, LLC, and how does it affect me as the average user?

It has not happened, and likely will not without some obvious value to ATS users (such as a firm authorized to run a contest with prizes on ATS).

For the most part, that portion is designed to prevent marketers from trying to join ATS "under the radar" to engage in sneaky tactics.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Forgive me for being a dunce, but what exactly is viral marketing? I've heard the term, but have little, or rather no, idea just exactly what it is...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you so much for your reply. I have said this before, and will now say it again. The way in which staff respond to queries on this forum is outstanding, and one of the many reasons this is the only board on the net that I am a registered member of.

Thanks again

CT

new topics

top topics

join