It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gagne gets 10 million (your kidding me?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

this a poor business decision by the brewers, they give a guy who absolutely sucked in boston last year 10 MILLIION $ ???

did gagne save the owners life last year to which the owner replied " i owe u one ....or 10"

you give him a base 1 million salary or 2 and load it up w/ incentives if you must, but 10 gauranteed , this just blows my mind, are the brewers so brain dead that they can't find a "serviceable" veteran who has had decent stats and throw the money at him, i mean 10 million for a question mark?

you give him a mil or two gauranteed (generous based on his second half meltdown) and then throw in a boat load of performance incentives i.e strike out, WHIP, era, holds or saves. Their is no way another team was offering even close to this amount. anyone else shocked about this amount (even in today's market)

[edit on 9-12-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yea, its a bad deal.

As a fan of the Dodgers, i liked Gagne, but he is at the top of my list of players that i would suspect taking steriods.

The Brew Crew got so close last year, they must of felt that they were close and that this move would take them over the edge...

Yea.. ok...

Time for the Brewers to join the Reds and Pirates in the celler of the centeral

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
As a fan of the Dodgers, i liked Gagne, but he is at the top of my list of players that i would suspect taking steriods.

love it when im right.

Hes in the mitchel report, he juiced

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow, $10 million for an injury-prone steroid user who blew under pressure in Boston. If I were a Brewers fan I would rather have Turnbow close.

As an added LOL, it's Selig's team.

top topics

join