It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska Shooting Initial Reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I was reading an article on the horrific shootings that took place this week at the shopping mall, and one thing jumped out at me

The images appear to contradict earlier reports that the gunman had a military-style haircut and entered the mall wearing a camouflage vest.
Source

Now is it just me, or does there always seem to be a sighting like this when massacres are involved.

Your opinions please.

CT

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well, I am not sure about how often a sighting like this happens. I just wanted to note that the initial reports that I read on the shooting were that it was a teenage African American in fatigues. So, I am not sure where the confusion came from. The kid that they are now reporting as the shooter would have been pretty hard to mistake for an African American.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Ok, so its possible they confused the camo with the african american students fatigues.

But what about the "Military-style haircut."

There is no way in hell anyone could confuse the alleged shooters' hair with a military style haircut.

CT

[edit on 9/12/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
POTUS was IN THIS MALL LESS THEN AN HOUR BEFORE THIS SHOOTING.
I find it hard to believe that security would have evaporated in such a short period of time. It seems pretty cut and dry and it probably is just some POS teenager that was forced to take Psychoactive drugs BUT it does seem weird that less then 45 minutes to an hour after POTUS left this mall there were reports of a man in Military Fatigues and Military appearance shooting up the mall. Raised my eyebrow anyway.

It's a shame that even after another kid on "helpful drugs" goes bonkers and kills a bunch of people the public and media are more focused on the fact that he had a rifle (which was STOLEN) other then the fact that he had been pumped full of mind altering drugs by doctors and State officials since he was a young kid. ADHD is a lie made up by the government and their big Pharma partners in crime to make money. If you are filling your kid full of poison thinking you are doing the right thing guess again.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Some interesting eyewitness accounts here. The first witness had a very good look at the gunman and he definitely wasn't the one pictured as the shooter.

havegunwillvote.com...
He was wearing what looked like a solid green sleeveless vest, and was shooting a semi-automatic rifle. I could see sleeves of a shirt that did not match the vest. The vest did not look military or camouflage, but to me looked green.
To me, at the time, I thought the rifle might be an AR-15. One thing I noticed, it appeared that the empty shells were ejecting out of the left side of the gun instead of the right, which doesn't make sense and could've been an illusion. All I could see were mostly the black parts of the gun. The stock of the gun was the black plastic style, instead of a wood stock.
The shooter had brown or black hair, and I remember it being cut quite Short, but not buzzed. He had the gun up to his cheek and was shooting in rapid succession doing quick maneuvers with the gun. At first, It went through my mind that this guy was some sort of military and this was a terrorist attack. I could see the shells ejecting from the gun. The way he was walking and shooting, calmly, no yelling, made me think that there was more than one shooter and they were performing a "clean sweep". He was aiming down the barrel of the gun, and shooting rapidly. ..I ran down one set of stairs to the 2nd floor. There was a door there and I almost went through it. But I heard more gunshots that sounded like they were on the other side of the door. ... It [seemed like] FOREVER for the cops to get there, I estimated the time as 10 minutes but the news says 6.

cop witness
Out first responders were on site in about 6 min. The shooting was done in approx 1 minute. ...the shooter made head shots with his rifle on the move at 55 yards, made kill shots from the 3rd level to the first and second levels, and shows that he was tactically proficient with his weapon system. The weapon was indeed an AK (I have seven AKs myself) with 2-30 round mags taped [together] in reverse. He fired approx 38 rounds before the coward sat down in front of customer service, put the weapon under his chin and offed himself. ... That brings up another issue about our sub par 911 system not getting the call out to us until 2 minutes after the first person called in. IT WAS OVER. He fired in series of 3 and 4 round sequences. All the rounds were parallel to the floor, no wild shooting into the ceiling.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by starviego]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
this morning fox said he was wearing a black trenchcoat

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Wow, nice find. Someone who knows the difference between an M-16 and an AR-15 would never confuse one of those with an AK-47. That is crazy.

Something tells me we are in for a long ride here. In the last week or so we have had:

A "Radical Homegrown Terrorist" take over a Clinton campaign office, pleading for healthcare.

A "Radical Homegrown Terrorist" shoot up a mall in Nebraska.

A "Radical Homegrown Terrorist" shoot up a missionary school in Co.

A "Radical Homegrown Terrorist" shoot up a megachurch in Co.

It has been a busy week and we still have a long time to go until election time. Hopefully this is just a freak coincidence.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

WE NEED THAT CLIP. This is a drastically different report from the other ones coming in.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"this morning fox said he was wearing a black trenchcoat"

Are you sure that wasn't a reference to the Colorado church shooter? Also, is there a link to the claim that POTUS was at the Westroads Omaha mall that morning?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Are you sure that wasn't a reference to the Colorado church shooter?

you know what, it may have been the church shooter. my mistake..
i found this..

More than 12 hours later, at New Life Church, a gunman wearing a trench coat and carrying a high-powered rifle opened fire in the parking lot and later walked into the church as a service was letting out.

www.freerepublic.com...

maybe they were talking about both shootings and i got them mixed.. or THEY got them mixed. either way sorry for the bad info.

its pretty bad when you have so many shootings that you get them mixed up!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
also there is no link about POTUS being acutally AT the mall but he was in the area..

President Bush was in Omaha on Wednesday for a fundraiser but left about an hour before the shooting.

“Having just visited with so many members of the community in Omaha today, the president is confident that they will pull together to comfort one another,” White House press secretary Dana Perino said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
I was reading an article on the horrific shootings that took place this week at the shopping mall, and one thing jumped out at me

The images appear to contradict earlier reports that the gunman had a military-style haircut and entered the mall wearing a camouflage vest.
Source

Now is it just me, or does there always seem to be a sighting like this when massacres are involved.

Your opinions please.

CT

Of course. You have the target that is being controlled (MK Ultra) and the agents present to see it through. Just like the school shooting with not Security Guard Jeanne Assam but Agent Jeanne Assam as the observer.
www.thedenverchannel.com...

I wish these folks didnt think they were so clever in these blk operations however it does seem to dupe the majority in society so I guess it works.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Maybe the kid played first shooter games. And just got good at shooting from it. The reason I say this is because my husband is in the Air Force. The only time he ever carries a gun is while deployed to Afgan or Iraq. Other then that he never carries one and never shoots. He isnt a hunter.

However, he does get tested once a year - everyone does.

He always gets "Expert Marksman" the latest he got 44 out of 45. The tester asked if he was an avid hunter or shooter (ranges)....my husband said "nope, I play a ton of first shooter games.

Soo, I dont know. Just give another view point on the kids shooting skils.

Also these eyewitnesses say he appeard to have expert shooting experience. Um, how do they know what would be expert shooting? He shot in close range. That doesnt take too much effort. Its not like he was aiming at tiny targets hundreds and hundreds of feet away.

The kid was screwed up. I see no evidence that the government had anything to do with this

As far as eyewitness accounts on what he looked like. When there is chaos, people's perceptions and judgements can become skewed....and what they think they saw, may not be what they were actually seeing.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
More anomalies:

www.omaha.com...
Something about Robert Hawkins must have seemed suspicious. Just three seconds after Hawkins walked through Von Maur's south entrance on Wednesday, a surveillance camera zoomed in on him so closely that Hawkins could be seen clenching his fists and fidgeting with the arms of his sweat shirt. ... About six minutes later, Hawkins re-enters the store, heads straight to the nearby elevator and presses the button. The gun is not visible in the video... ...the video released by police shows only the first floor. .... However, police did release a still photo from the surveillance video showing Hawkins on the third floor. .... Hawkins' cap is off and his shirtsleeves are pushed back to his elbows, as if he had shed the hooded sweat shirt during the elevator ride up.

www.omaha.com...
--Technical problems have kept police from piecing together complete video of his movements on the third floor. (I hate when that happens!)
--Investigators cataloged and collected all the shell casings found but have yet to count them. (hmmm...)
-- "From all aspects, it appears to be a single individual, not part of any conspiracy of any kind," said Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine. (Conspiracy? Who said anything about a conspiracy?)

www.omahaworldherald.com... .... According to the search warrant affidavit, Omaha police identified Hawkins' body based on a Nebraska driver's license he was carrying.
Authorities knew Hawkins was the shooter because his appearance was similar to that of the person described by witnesses as firing inside the store. Officers also found a rifle next to the body.
Omaha police found Hawkins' 1995 Jeep Laredo in the Westroads Mall parking lot after being told to look for a vehicle that belonged to "a missing person being armed, dangerous and suicidal."(huh?)

Diagram of crime scene:
content.omaha.com...

top topics

join