It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird white, unmarked vans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Pretty much I've been noticing an unmarked white van circling my neighbourhood for a number of years now. I first noticed it 2 summers ago, when I was walking outside at around 2 am, and I've now just seen it again. It's pissing me off, quite frankly.
All this van does is circle the neighbourhood, it's windows are tinted, and you can't see anything inside.
Just now I was outside having a smoke when I hear a vehicle drive down my street, stop, turn around, and then go by my house. It kept driving until it was on the street behind me, and stopped out of sight. My back-yard provides a clear view of the next street where the van stopped, and not a few seconds afterwards, a couple of guys with flashlights walk into a backyard, and then the van drives off.
Now, normally this is weird, yes, but whats even weirder is that they had red tape covered flashlights.
What in gods name is this junk? It's nothing to do with the power, or else there'd be at least a power companies name on the van, and, if I'm correct, you would only need red flashlights if you wanted to preserve your night vision. So, naturally, I'm curious to no end, and wanted to see if anyone could shed a bit of light on this.
So, anyone? Government? Burglars? Sex Offenders?

Samtar

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It isn't the paper-man making deliveries?
My next guess would be drugs.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It maybe pissing you off but I would personally let it go.

I caught some in the back of my yard a few months ago and tired to chase him away he end up taking a couple of shots at my house I nearly lost my life because of it.

Police caught the guy with a assault rifle got locked up for thirty days and got off last I heard.

Real life changer I tell you living looking over your shoulder always man I'm telling you let it go.

I don't know if GOD does exist or not but when that bullet crumpled it must have been from him or I would be dead let something else deal with it man.

Trust me on this please

We are not invincible were not.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by aglobalthreat

Hi there im shure most who bump into this thread would be really interested if you could take a few picture's of the van.

This can be a benefit in two way's one we can all see what you are talking about and two you can take a copy to the police and inform them of this vehicle.

Let's face it if a kid goes missing or something you could be a major help.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hayblair

Someone shot at your house and got 30 day's ? where do you live mate ?

That just sound's a little bit light of a sentence for attempted murder.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The OP caught my interest with the story but when the other poster shared his story about guns and slaps on the wrist I can only imagine it something like Intrepid said.

Maybe it is a way for the big organizations to do their dirty deeds in the night and provide ample drugs and tax free money like a well oiled machine.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It seems to me, that they are doing some sort of ongoing surveillence. So, I perhaps you should set up your own surveillence; anything from digital cameras, video cameras, motion sensor lights, binoculars(maybe even some with night vision), and countless other methods. You should also start keeping a log as part of the surveillence, with dates, times, amount of people entering/exiting vehicle, license plate numbers, descriptions of the people and what they are wearing, number of different vehicles etc. another thing you can do is buy a police type scanner and maybe even one of those baby monitor scanners, you might be able to pick up their signal and hence their conversation. you should also take note to see if they are carrying a gun or any other weapon on their person. you can also set up various audio recorders outside. there's lots more you can do as part of the surveillance as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Where do I live

I live here in Prince George BC here in Canada.

And the reason he got off is because my eyes
had not adjusted enough too tell exactly what
he was wearing.

So there was not enough evidence to convict
him forget the bullets they found can't clearly
identify the clothing and it gets thrown out go
figure "justice for you"

www.princegeorgecitizen.com... =com_content&task=view&id=96245&Itemid=557

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The above link does not work sorry

Hopefully this will

www.princegeorgecitizen.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aglobalthreat

Just call the police and report a suspicious vehicle. If one of your neighbors is being cased for a burglary, you might be preventing it.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Personally, I think you should just listen to hayblair. Let it go man. It could be anything from feds running surveillance on your neighborhood type some type of drug transport business. Chances are, they carry guns, which means if you don't want to get shot at, then just back off. But you want to play neighborhood crime watch, then don't be careless.

As far as your own surveillance, (no offense, I'm not bashing on anyone) it would be close to impossible to set up video recording, mainly because there's no telling where they will stop, IF they even ever do again. For taking pictures, DO NOT use a camera with flash, as to this would reveal your self, and chances are, they don't want some nosy neighbor snapping pictures of them. If you do want to take pictures, try to use a camera with night vision, such as an expensive digital camera or even most video cameras. Another important thing to do, is write down their license plate numbers and a clear, accurate description of the van. If you look hard enough, you can find a site that you can find registered names to tags. But, if its a gov't tag, leave it alone. If all else fails, call the police. Make up a BS claim.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I say if your that worried, call the cops and tell them there is a suspicious vehicle driving around your neighborhood. You can do it annoymously.

Also, take some pics for us to see
And get a tag number. When you see it go by, go on a little walk and get the number!

[edit on 9-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
But be very careful because if this is some kind of financed operation whislteblowers won't do well I bet.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This is weird to say the least, I first thought paper route driver, but my next thought is of burglars casing your neighborhood. Have there been any break in's that you know of?

The covered headlights is just not cool, if it were a government operation you would think they would have some kind of cool shield that would cover there lights not tape.

You would think if the police saw something like this they would pull them over for sure.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
burglars would make sense to me, if they are driving around your neighborhood and then 2 people with flashlights get out and run into a backyard, maybe they were casing the neighborhood... it makes sense to check the adjacent streets before robbing a house to see if there are maybe cops nearby that live in the area or are just sitting there...

what kind of neighborhood do you live in? is it an upscale one, or is it more middleclass like? if burglars are in an unmarked white van, it doesn't lend itself to common street thugs, they wouldn't waste the money to get an unmarked white van unless it was stolen, and if you've noticed the same van for 2 years, it can't be stolen neccessarily, because only an idiot would drive the same stolen vehicle for more than a day or two.

what i would do is check with the police or neighbors to see if any burglaries have occurred in the last couple of years. if so, then see if there are any similarities between the houses that were robbed. maybe there is a common factor that ties the houses together. if not, then i dunno, put on your tinfoil hat :p
in any case follow the advice and stay out of their way, there's no reason to get shot at.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I live in a decent neighbourhood, hell, the biggest thing that happens in this town anyways is a house fire every now and then. If there were any break-ins everyone would know about it. It's a town of about 15,000 people, which isn't hamlet style, but everyone knows when something big happens. There's alot of radioactive waste buried around, which has a lot of people yelling constantly about it, but if they were searching for anything to do with radioactivity, people would know.
If anything, robbers would be the most likely explanation. I'll try and get a picture of the van if I can, but I doubt it'll do any good. Surveillance is entirely impossible, as the only camera-like thing I own is a crappy digital that can record 60 seconds of footage.
If I see it again, I'll try and get the license plate number and call the cops. May even be the 5-0 trying to bust a grow-op. That's another thing about this town. Allllooootaa pot.
I've asked people who live around here if they've seen it, and none of them have. But, then again, none of them stay up till 4 in the morning watching Army of Darkness and Half Baked, either.
Still, I know it'll be back, I just don't know when. I'll try and get a picture when I see it next.
Thanks for the feedback.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
They're watching you.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Okay, this may sound silly, but I would put up huge spotlights with motion sensors on it. If they want to preserve their night vision, the spotlights will make their life a little difficult. Also, I'm sure you could set up a video camera that will be activated by the motion sensor so the lights will go on and the camera will start recording. Just my 2c.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They definatley aren't your biggest fans.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i used to have to watch out for people around my cousins house take a close look at how they actually do things. do they drive like a cop or like how everyone else drives when they went in that back yard was it smooth and took a minute or was it clumsy? its kinda like how you can tell if someones been in the military by how they carry themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join