It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Researchers Link Cell Phones, Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Israeli Researchers Link Cell Phones, Cancer

www.foxnews.com

Israeli researchers say they've found a link between cell phones and cancer.

A study led by Dr. Siegal Sadetzki, an oncologist at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center in Ramat Gan, Israel, found a nearly 50 percent increase in the risk of tumors of the parotid gland, a salivary gland found slightly ahead of each ear.

Agence France-Presse quoted a report in the Israeli newspaper Yediot Aharonot, which apparently said the risk was highest those who used their cell phones for more than 22 hours per month, held the phone to the same ear or lived in rural areas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Would you give up your cellphone? If found to cause cancer?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Blowing stoplights because you're talking on the cellphone may not be the only risk associated with their use. Cancer of the salivary gland in the area where you hold your cellphone is also a risk found in this Isrseli study. Factors that increased risk include high use (more than 22 hrs/month), attaching the cellphone to the ear(really dumb IMHO), and use in rural areas. Apparently in rural areal your cellphone transmits a stronger signal??

Recently I found it difficult to find a cellphone on the market with a hands free earphone and mic that produced high quality voice transmission. 3 years ago it was easy to find a good hands free unit.

Anyone have advise on this one?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just use the bluetooth earpiece.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Just use the bluetooth earpiece
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Thanks Eurisko, Thanks for the post! My goodness.. I'll check out that blue tooth. Many thanks friend!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Thanks for posting information about those researchers. I'm glad more and more scientists are telling the truth about dangers of using wireless technology without protection, of course. Scientists have known that cell phones & radios can cause cancer for decades.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahuman
Scientists have known that cell phones & radios can cause cancer for decades.

You know AHuman, I am not so sure that is true. I think it would be more accurate to say that scientists have HYPOTHESIZED that cell phones and radios can cause cancer, and are in the process of trying to prove or disprove this.

Interesting thread. Bluetooth is pretty cool! But if the day comes where everything is Bluetooth enabled (clothes, car keys, desks, homes) then we BETTER BE SURE that Bluetooth doesn't cause cancer (I hope.)

See the Bluetooth Product Directory... for some of the more ambitious product ideas.

top topics

join