It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace and Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just read an interesting article on peace and faith in God. Basically it's arguing that the doctrine of Christ is completely anti-war. Like, if you're a Christian, you are not to be in the military and fight in a war.

It's interesting, and the author makes good points; however, I disagree with that philosophy. I believe God gives us all certain gifts like the ability to draw and paint, great physical strength, an incredible singing voice, intellectual prowess, scientific & mathmatic skills, oration and spiritual gifts like discernment. I even believe God gives certain people the gifts needed to become a superior soldier. Look at King David from the Old Testament. He was beloved by God, yet was known as the warrior king. God would not allow him to construct his temple because he had blood on his hands. That fell to his non-warrior son to accomplish.

I believe that man is inherently evil and as long as we dwell on this earth, nations will rise against other nations. Every nation is entitled to self-defense and every nation needs soldiers. I am a Christian and I think being a soldier is a noble profession.

Just wondering how others feel about it...

Here's a link to the article.

Peace & Faith
Antiwar Activism & Christianity
Have Been Hand-in-Hand For Centuries
www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
God does say in scripture that yor weapons now are prayer.

Just remember to never fight for people other than God. Do not fight for any nation on this earth, because every one of them is no of God as a collective group, especially our USA which has
profaned his commands for decades and decades. Fight with prayers not force.

peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
But what if all our soldiers laid down their arms? Do you believe America would not be attacked?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yes I do believe that, but why would they attack us?

because of our profaning culture, our volence, and our idolism. If we would havenever fallen from God
in the first place as a governed group this would not happen, although the terrorist do think we are (christians) but we re not. This country
was founded by freemasons which believe all Gods are correct nd any God ca be worshipped.

So if we were moral, tey would attack because they hate the trinity concept, but sine we are not oral they use that excuse.

satan was a lier and murderer from the beggining. What does he tell the muslims?

Go kill yourself for my sake and you will be in paradise, that is the lie, and commiting suicide is the murder, satan controls that whole belief in mass suicide. If you fight for this country your fighting for its crimes and a free masonic government which has started many wars in the past to steal land, who seats the masonic U.N., in a massively sinful city which is NY, so I would rather be locked up and taken over by terrorist then to fight for a country which is not even free in the sense of sin.

My only advise, seriously, would be fight with your prayers, this is what God tells us to do in these times, fighting not with force but with prayers. because this country's sins will eventually cause its own detruction. Its history in scripture that a nation in sin, any nation, canot stand forever.

peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

yes I do believe that, but why would they attack us?

because of our profaning culture, our volence, and our idolism. If we would havenever fallen from God
in the first place as a governed group this would not happen, although the terrorist do think we are (christians) but we re not. This country
was founded by freemasons which believe all Gods are correct nd any God ca be worshipped.

Well for a start you have more money than they do. That's always a good point for a war.
Secondly, the enemies at the moment believe in their own version of Allah. An Allah who states that all who don't believe in him have no right to live.
Now unless you're going to turn the US into a hardline Islamic state where everyone worships their Allah you're never going to be able to turn your back on some people.
To suggest otherwise is sheer and utter folly.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I dont think the main reasons that terrerists are attacking you guys (USA) its because of your huge army, is because of your foriengn policies and the way in which you conduct you politics and not so much the fact that the USA has a huge army.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I served my country back in the day. And I'm a Christian. I was in the Gulf war. I feel like God blessed me the whole way. From Boot camp to ETS. And I'm proud of that service. I'm proud of those who now serve. Like my brother.

I respect the views I've read here, but in the end, this is a big, bad world and I still feel we need a military. Not to pre-emptively go to war, but to legitimately defend the United States from enemies.

top topics

join