It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philosophical 911 Truth Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When you take the official conspiracy story, what were or was the Terrorists goals?
What were they hoping to gain?

Some will say they're trying to take our freedoms away, while others will say they want us (US and multinational special interest groups) to stop doing buisness with corrrupt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx tyrannical foreign rulers.

Now I could argue that neither objective was met. Quite the opposite has happened with the latter. Now as for the former, I personally have not had freedom taken by a terrorist, as for the dead of 911 I think yes. But beyond those deaths do you feel that the terrorists took any "freedom" from you?

Or was the objective to lure the US into war to create suffering in middle eastern countries and reap the bennefit of new recruits from broken homes and communities?

On the flip side if the attacks were not Islamofacists but some other type of conspiracy what would be their objectives and how would you percieve that those endevers are playing out?

Pease Infinityoreilly

PS all the x's were typed by my 2 year old daughter

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You have lost your freedom, you just don't know it yet. you are a lost.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly
When you take the official conspiracy story, what were or was the Terrorists goals?
What were they hoping to gain?

They were hoping to push American Military Forces out of their holiest of holy lands...the land of Mecca asd Medina. AKA Saudi Arabia.

Today, there are NO military bases in Saudi Arabia. So in that respect they were successful... but not like they wanted. For the US to gracefully exit Saudi Arabia the threat that caused us to be there in the first place needed to be removed. This of course, was Saddam Hussain, who had shown time and again that he was an aggressor to neighboring countries. Once that threat was eliminated the need for the US Military in Saudi Arabia was no longer necessary, and we promptly moved out.

Another goal was to push the US into abandoning support for Israel. This of course failed.

Lastly, I believe their goal was to send a message that the entire world is vunerable to terrorist attacks. This too was accomplished.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Taxi-Driver]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LEO J

What freedoms have I lost? Freedom is defined differently by each of us, also freedom isn't nessasarily free. I have a job and experience more freedom than if I didn't have a job. Does money equal more freedom? Depends on your idea of freedom.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEO J
You have lost your freedom, you just don't know it yet. you are a lost.

I'm happy to see you have the freedom to post that, LEO.

Remember what George Orwell wrote: "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver
Today, there are NO military bases in Saudi Arabia. So in that respect they were successful... but not like they wanted. For the US to gracefully exit Saudi Arabia the threat that caused us to be there in the first place needed to be removed. This of course, was Saddam Hussain, who had shown time and again that he was an aggressor to neighboring countries. Once that threat was eliminated the need for the US Military in Saudi Arabia was no longer necessary, and we promptly moved out.

So moving across the border to Iraq wasn't the effect the terrorists were looking for I'll agree, but there are still plenty of US and other mutinational interests involved with the Bin Ladens and other Saudi elites. So it would seem they didn't really think it through enough.

Another goal was to push the US into abandoning support for Israel. This of course failed.

It would seem the terrorists learned another lesson about making someone do something you want them to do using force. You may achieve limited early success but the end results can be quite the opposite.(maybe the US will be taught this one day)

Lastly, I believe their goal was to send a message that the entire world is vunerable to terrorist attacks. This too was accomplished.

Yes the entire world is vunerable, however it might be that the respose to 911 is also veiwed as a threat to certain countries even though they weren't resposible for the attack.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

No offense, but anyone can make such broad claims.

To say "you are lost" is nothing more than adding a bit of fuel to the flame.

Perhaps if you look inside yourself (not directed at any one person), you are the one who is lost? Lost in a myriad of lies, brainwashed supporters, paranoid skeptics etc.

The truth is, the average person will never know who is controlling what. Unless of course, you happen to be brought up in an elitist family and idle chit-chat involves the latest successes of the Illuminati over dinner time. I'm probably stretching that last idea, but I hope I make the point somewhat clear.

I agree with the OP as well. Openly and overtly, I don't see how any of my freedoms are being violated in this time period. I understand certain security measures must be taken due to the high terrorist alert too. On a basic level, we're all doing the same things we did prior to 9/11.

I'd appreciate a response as this is the first time I've really said anything on a forum. I'm not the brightest person or well-informed person you'd expect, but I do have an opinion. Critique me if you must, so maybe I can tweak my language and put my words to better use.

~Thanks for letting me speak.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well quite simply they wanted to kill people. It's just something they take great pleasure in doing. Just kill people that don't believe the same as they do. It's not any deeper than that and if you want to survive you better get it.

mikell

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiQuiD_FuSioN
The truth is, the average person will never know who is controlling what. Unless of course, you happen to be brought up in an elitist family and idle chit-chat involves the latest successes of the Illuminati over dinner time. ~Thanks for letting me speak.

Speaking your mind is what open forums are all about. Being somewhat of an "average" person I certainly don't know who is responsible for 911. I know what we've been told by the powers that be(the government and main stream media). I've determined for myself that the "official" story and investigation are lacking in credability. So hence I feel I've been lied to. What the lies are and what it means elude me.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

So it's all just about killing? I could think of 10 other things to crash a plane into then the Pentagon that would cause many more casualties.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A second philosophical to ponder, if you were shown evidence or classified documents that indicated 911 was indeed something other than just religious fanatical extremists would it change the way you live your life? Would spend the rest of your life trying to change things and bring justice to those responsible?

top topics

join