It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Past-life Memory.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geoffrey
Perhaps it has something to do with the true nature of our soul and the job it is meant to perform in this reality? None of what I have experienced stems from any past life regression at all only from what randomly pops up into my head from time to time. I would like to know how I would go about having a past life regression session done to me, only thing is I have a week and a half before I ship to Basic Combat Training.

I think you may be onto something there concerning the soul-purpose.

If you already get 'snapshot' memories and you know how to meditate you might find it relatively easy to access more memories this way.

It's worth a try and it's something you can practice whilst you're away.

Just begin with your usual meditation method ... then visualize yourself in a room ... the walls of the room are covered floor to ceiling with shelves that are stuffed with books / folders / files.

In the middle of the room is a comfortable chair ... with a small table beside it.

When you have taken in the details of the room as clearly as you can, walk around looking along the shelves until you find yourself drawn to a particular book/folder/file and take it from the shelf.

Go sit in the chair ... make yourself comfortable ... and look through the book/folder/file that is filled with pictures and accounts of one of your lifetimes.

When you are done going through it return it to the place you got it from and leave the room as you found it, remembering to close the door behind you.

This is a very simplified technique ... but you might discover a few things this way ... if it works for you remember that you can return to the room whenever you choose ... it is your place of safety.

Woody

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thank you for the suggestion! I tried the exact procedure last night after a bit of astral projection and flying around in the sky. I opened the door, found a book that caught my attention, and sat down and read it. This is where things didn't go as I thought they would.

You know how when you read a book, if your really into it, youkind of enter into the world that the book is speaking of? Well before I could finish reading the first word of the book I slipped into sort of a lucid dream. In this dream my name was Oli Balikos. The language I spoke sounded like gibberish but in the dream that sort of just played through I understood it somehow. I, or should I say Oli, had just returned from some kind of adventure on the sea.

The monstrous boat looked almost exctly like a Viking ship, with the animal head at the front, only this one was HUGE! Oli was carrying a few bags of stuff and a battle axe I guess you would say. All around the shore there were women crying, some of them running towards their returning husband. As Oli looked around for his own wife, shecame upon him from the side and hugged and kissed him. Two little boys also ran up.

I then came out of the "dream" or "vision" and following procedure, put the book back and shut the door behind me and went to sleep. I didn't get much information, but I have also gotten quick snippets of such a dream in my waking life from a roman, and macedonian time. The Illiad has always held special meaning to me for some reason and I make a point to read it every so often.

Anyway just wanted to tell you that your advice wasn't for naught
I just wish there was a way to stay in the dream long enough to absorb more pertinent information. Thank you woody!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Geoffrey

I'm pleased it worked to some degree for you ... maybe you expect too much too soon ... but if you repeat this another time and go for the same 'book' as before ... the story might continue.

When you say it was like a lucid dream, try asking questions or turning the page ... maybe you need to practice patience

In truth the only way to get more detail in one sitting (so to speak), is with the help of a PLRT ... but please remember ... there are a lot of charlatans out there and 'word of mouth' recommendation is better than an anonymous name in the phone book.

But as I said previously ... this medatitive method is ideal for you to practice when you're away ... and they do say 'practice makes perfect' !

Woody

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm skeptical yet hopeful that past life memory recall leads to some truth about human spirituality. I may one day attempt to find out for myself if I have any past life memories somehow blocked from my conscious recall. If I had some it would relieve me of the fear of death, but at the same time sharpen my focus on spiritual matters as to why it would be happening to me in the first place and if I could somehow control or stop the process.

My only fear would be to find out if I was a murderer or that I willfully volunteered for some imperial war. The now defunct "Axis Past Life Homepage" was a collection of past life memory recollections from people across the internet who believe they were formerly soldiers in the German army during World War II. My fervent hope is that my past lives weren't quite so brutal, but I won't know until I make an attempt to find out if I had any at all.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

I'm pleased that you are sceptical about PLM's (because you have not yet had the personal experience), that is how it should be ... but you are open-minded ... this is a good way to go through life.

Speaking for myself on a spiritual level ... recalling my own PLM's was a liberation that I'd never known before and although it sounds like a cliche ... recalling my own memories really did change my life.

And without going into too much detail right now ... I feel certain that they actually saved my present life (in a way) ... by giving me the deeper understanding of who I was ... at a soul level.

Now, having made such a dramatic statement I can also say that this is not necessarily the case for everyone.

Due to the growing popularity of the subject (because it gets mentioned on TV etc), the majority of my clients come out of sheer curiosity and the 'novelty effect'. Some of these people recall stunningly clear memories with the finest of detail ... but I know when they leave my office that it will be an interesting topic of conversation for a while before the memories get pushed back into their unconscious mind.

For me ... hell, I couldn't wait to start doing research on the information I'd recalled ... not only in an effort to put meat on the bones of my memories ... but to prove to myself that these things that I'd seen / heard / touched / tasted / and smelt, during my recall could be authenticated as a past reality.

That's just who I am !

And because of this ... and proving to myself beyond any doubt, that my memories were indeed from a past reality ... it helped me to alter the course of my present life and stop myself making the same kind of mistakes I'd made before (my soul had already had the experience ... it didn't need to repeat it).

Woody

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
With respect to being fearful that in a past life you may have been a brutal killer or what ever, life is not black and white. That is a misconception that a lot of people seem to have.( I wasn't told this by anyone especially spiritual either, an ex police chief) In order to reach our full capacity we need to experience both sides of nature, the good and the bad, to gain balance within ourselves.

If you look at a forest, it may seem peaceful but as there are animals and plants interacting peacefully, there are some doing war. I read on another post about how plants communicate with chemicals. Not only do they communicate, they use chemicals to attack each other's root systems.

We live sheltered lives in suburbia and in the citys when compared to how our ancestors fared. If I seem presumptuous(sp?) or anything sorry I don't mean too I have a very blunt way of speaking

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Geoffrey

I live in North Yorkshire so I like 'blunt'
and you certainly do not sound presumptuous ... you raise an excellent point and use a good analogy with the woods.

That's what I meant when I spoke of my own recall stopping me from repeating mistakes I'd already made in a previous lifetime.

Each lifetime we come back to learn new lessons via new experiences ... thats the whole point of reincarnation ... it allows our souls to experience / develop / grow / progress.

Woody

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I did the same with the swimming, and I did that as well for skiing, lol, because I would only be aloud to go if I could ski on my own etc.

As for past life, the only tiny clip I have is being a little girl with long brown hair, escaping with another little girl with long blonde hair, and jumping into the well, and then it all goes black.

I think we were supposed to both jump in, but only I did....trying to get away from a child molester basically, and killed myself in the well.

As for this life, I know my ex played a super evil role in my past, as he does today, and I think I am just to teach him that his hatred and bigotry and predgudices are wrong.

I really want to know more, and understand more of my lessons from the past if i can....

Not sure where any of this fits in with God and Jesus and the bible etc, but even though I hate religion, I just can't deny the God and Jesus part, lol...oh well, that's off topic.

Mabey i got burned at the stake for not believing or something and am afraid to burn again....

But I do feel a very loving creator out there....

I just feel like my whole life has been searching for the past, and I want to just bury it so I can live NOW instead.

edited to add: unbeknownst to me while writing it, that this would happen, as I had no feelings while typing this....once I read it over, and edited some typo's, something about it sunk in, and now there are tears streaming down MY face too.....wth????
[edit on 30-1-2010 by mellisamouse]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Il Papa

wow, you sound like my perfect soul match, lol...except I am afraid of spiders, and would prefer them out, but if they are little I don't mind as long as they don't touch me.

I have a fear of bugs getting accidentally killed by me sitting on them, or squishing them with my hand, or worst of all, them getting onto my mouth or something...lol.....

yeah, I know, I need help, lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have another one I forgot about, because it is so creepy....

There was an almost pitch black room, but I knew the floors were stone, and in the middle was a huge pit, that went down thousandss of miles. Out of the pit came a green mist, and the mist floated into one of those golden weird smoke/insense things carried by the pope etc. and the smoke went into that gold thing, and swirled around, and then came out again to go get people, or hypnotize them for the laughing weird pope priest guy.

at that point in my life I didn't know a pope exsisted, or religion even, let alone a golden insence thingy.

The golden smokey thing was similar to this
4.bp.blogspot.com...
except the middle openings were bigger, and it was like a mini room in there for other priest ghosts things, working for the pope guy.

massivley creepy....mabey I was some evil priest or something, and that is why I am so against religion, yet believe strongly in God and Jesus still??

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I have another one I forgot about, because it is so creepy....

There was an almost pitch black room, but I knew the floors were stone, and in the middle was a huge pit, that went down thousandss of miles. Out of the pit came a green mist, and the mist floated into one of those golden weird smoke/insense things carried by the pope etc. and the smoke went into that gold thing, and swirled around, and then came out again to go get people, or hypnotize them for the laughing weird pope priest guy.

at that point in my life I didn't know a pope exsisted, or religion even, let alone a golden insence thingy.

The golden smokey thing was similar to this
4.bp.blogspot.com...
except the middle openings were bigger, and it was like a mini room in there for other priest ghosts things, working for the pope guy.

massivley creepy....mabey I was some evil priest or something, and that is why I am so against religion, yet believe strongly in God and Jesus still??

Hey there, please forgive me I'm really tired and have to go to bed now before I collapse at the computer

But I just wanted to give a brief reply to this post of yours ... the first thing that came to mind when I read it was 'Alchemy' ... sounds like there was either some alchemic practices going on that you may have witnessed and been frightened by.

I'll answer your other post tomorrow as you make some intersting points in that too.

Nighty Night for now from me.

Woody

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
A little off topic, but a theory I have regarding human sacrifice and reincarnation, is that if any of thses sick-oh elites gets pregnant, they would then kill thier new born baby to prevent anyone who isn't from the "family" from reincarnating into that baby and learning any secrets or gaining anything from them.......if one of the older of the "elite" family, is not ready to die, then they would kill the baby, and also, the other way around, if one of the older, or elders from these families WAS ready to die, then instead kill that person once they have a baby ready "in the family" etc....

Hope that makes some sense? lol...just a theory I have had for many years....

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thank you Woody, I am so glad you are still around in this thread!

I am totally looking forward to your input. I hae only made it to page 5 so far, and already have so many little tidbits here and there popping up.

A friend just recalled 3 past lives of hers over the past year and is convinced I could benefit from the same in removing blocks in my present life.

She thinks she is meant to help me, and that together we can help a ton of people (which is all I ever want to do) but we both neede to be healed first....

Who knows, she could have been that other little girl when I jumped into the well??

Nice to meet you! This is so appetizing!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

As for this life, I know my ex played a super evil role in my past, as he does today, and I think I am just to teach him that his hatred and bigotry and predgudices are wrong.

I really want to know more, and understand more of my lessons from the past if i can....

Not sure where any of this fits in with God and Jesus and the bible etc, but even though I hate religion, I just can't deny the God and Jesus part, lol...oh well, that's off topic.

Mabey i got burned at the stake for not believing or something and am afraid to burn again....

But I do feel a very loving creator out there....

I just feel like my whole life has been searching for the past, and I want to just bury it so I can live NOW instead.

edited to add: unbeknownst to me while writing it, that this would happen, as I had no feelings while typing this....once I read it over, and edited some typo's, something about it sunk in, and now there are tears streaming down MY face too.....wth????

Well, somewhere in this ever growing thread I'm pretty certain that I will have mentioned the significant part my ex-husband played in my first recalled pastlife memories (in Cornwall 1623-1641);

It was recalling those memories that gave me the courage to acknowledge that he served no valid purpose in my present life ... his entire presence had simply been one of 'familiarity'.

Once I recognized him for who he was I left him ... saving myself from another potentially early demise ... and allowed me and my children to live a peaceful happy life.

Pastlife memories (when recalled) serve the purpose of helping you to understand yourself at a much deeper level (what really makes you tick) ... and of course ... enlightens you to what you can dismiss and areas you can improve on.

By searching for the past ... we begin to understand our present ... and aim towards our future ... everything is interlinked in some way.

I love it !

Woody

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi Woody!...dont know if you remember me or not?...it don't matter if you don't really
but anyway!

It's just that i've been wanting to contact you for quite a while now regarding my pastlifes....thing is, recently my memories of birth and prebirth have been very strong! Its such a beautiful and powerful memory that I'm getting a very strong urge to investigate further....my perseption in general life has been strongly advaced and truth is natural too me!

I've been researching "Pastlife Regression" and am very sceptical and worried about hypnosis, and believe regression therapy is the correct route!...I have given this strong consideration and feel strongly towards doing it,
The flahbacks I get from prebirth are of a powerful awareness which makes me believe I have lived before

thanks for reading and I hope you can understand it as I feel like I've just rambled rubbish to you :0

ZZ

This is such a fascinating subject though!

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Of course I remember you ... I have you on my 'friend' list

Anyhoo, it sounds like you are developing nicely from what you've said. I agree that it would be worth having Pastlife Regression Therapy ... and if at all possible try to find someone who doesn't use hypnosois (as this rules out the possibility of subliminal suggestion/false memory etc) ... there must be some other therapists who can regress people without using hypnosis ... I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one !!!

Having said that ... I did develop the technique I use myself ... and it does produce fantastic results ... because it's so natural.

Have you googled something like 'Past-life Regression Without Hypnosis' ?

Either way finding a therapist via recommendation is better than a name in the phonebook.

A reputable therapist should provide you with a tape recording of the session ...

... allow a friend or relative to sit in on the session with you to confirm they have not led you in any way ...

... enable you to recall some / if not most of the details of a previous lifetime in a single session ...

... not charge a ridiculous fee for the pleasure of working with you.

If they disagree with any of the above they are likely to be a charlatan ... or just not very good at what they do.

The only time you should need repeat sessions for a single lifetime, is if there are deep rooted problems to be worked through (again this is quite rare), usually once you understand a problem is rooted in a different lifetime the problem fades naturally.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Woody

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

This is exactly what I was hoping for!... Thank you so much

I have a big grin now!
I'll let you know how I progress with this!

Also, a little strange to me is that I have
For some reason, felt close to you....I feel i've crossed your path before, we know each other.....maybe pastlife, maybe this....Ever since I read your posts for the 1st time i've felt i've known you!
Said it was a little strange! hehe
ZZ

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Not that strange at all when you consider the subject matter we're discussing

We may well have met before in another time and place ... I once regressed my best friend (only a few months after we'd met) and imagine my surprise when she started talking about PLM's very familiar to me but from a different perspective.

Turns out she'd been my big sister ... I should add that she knew nothing about my own memories prior to her regression ... and it just explained why we had fallen into such an easy friendship.

It happens !!

Woody

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hello woodywytch, I had a psychic tell me about my past life. Yes it did help somewhat but my memories are still unattainable. The psychic told me I was child abused by my father in my past life, and she gave physical details of him and of his drinking problem which she got true. I did this reading on a forum, and I don't know how she knew all this. I discovered later on that this is the cause of my horrid anxiety in this life, and I discovered that it me and my father were sexually/physically abused in the past life. It is just very hard to get to these memories, but I did have a phobia of fat men with glasses in this life, and I never knew why until I found out that they resemble my abusive father. I was not abused in this life but me and my dad always have had very bad tension and anxiety in this life. I understand now.

But I want to know if you can help me, wytch, to relive these memories so I don't have to have my anxieties and psychological problems anymore. any feedback or techniques you can give me will be good. thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonah0julian
Hello woodywytch, I had a psychic tell me about my past life. Yes it did help somewhat but my memories are still unattainable. The psychic told me I was child abused by my father in my past life, and she gave physical details of him and of his drinking problem which she got true. I did this reading on a forum, and I don't know how she knew all this. I discovered later on that this is the cause of my horrid anxiety in this life, and I discovered that it me and my father were sexually/physically abused in the past life. It is just very hard to get to these memories, but I did have a phobia of fat men with glasses in this life, and I never knew why until I found out that they resemble my abusive father. I was not abused in this life but me and my dad always have had very bad tension and anxiety in this life. I understand now.

But I want to know if you can help me, wytch, to relive these memories so I don't have to have my anxieties and psychological problems anymore. any feedback or techniques you can give me will be good. thanks

I had a phobia of when I was a little boy of the Nutty Professor starring eddy murphy, I'd just cry and run away whenever someone was playing that movie or I saw the preview. The nutty professor, obese and big with glasses, does resemble my abusive dad in my past life. I really appreciate the psychic who has helped me understand.

any feedback on anything i can do to help myself, woodywytch, would greatly help me. thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join