It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster Medecine Cabinet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This isn't te average "what should I keep in my first aid kit?" type of thread. I want to know what to have to protect from radiation, chemical, desease, etc. so Lay down your seggestions. please think of the most realistic situations.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'd recommend at the least a few small bottles of concentrate of:

Tea-Tree oil - antibiotic/antifungal/antiseptic properties

Clove Oil - same as above but with the added bonus of an amazing painkiller in event of dental emergencies such as losing fillings/crowns or tooth-extraction in the field

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've always wondered how you can make your own penicillin. It's not just letting bread go mouldy is it? How would you get doses right etc.? I know there are other things with anitibiotic properties but I wouldn't mind a recipe for penicillin, just in case.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Also information about chemical/ radiation suits would also be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Great suggestions! I would add oregano oil, and perhaps Potassium Iodide.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I've always wondered how you can make your own penicillin. It's not just letting bread go mouldy is it? How would you get doses right etc.? I know there are other things with anitibiotic properties but I wouldn't mind a recipe for penicillin, just in case.

There are a variety of antibiotics available at your local aquarium store.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Here you go......

Oddly enough, one of the sources given is the US Army Special Forces Medical Handbook.

Make Penicillin

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Anubis Kanubis

are these any good, JBL Furanol 20 Bacterial Tablets, im in uk and we dont seem to have such a good variety.

if any uk'ers have any ideas i would be gratefull
m xx

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How long are prescription antibiotics effective for?

I've been given 3 (i believe unneccessary) prescriptions for amoxycillin anti-biotics by my GP, they've been cashed in as I get free prescriptions but unused any of the pills as I will only resort to their use if my choice of chinese medicinal herbal remedies don't work (and in the last 3 cases, they have).

How long could I keep them in my BoB kit, and what would be their best way of storage to lengthen their shelf-life?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Curious about this myself, I did some poking around on the net and it seems that 1 yr is the norm for an expiration date. The link here: www.timestriponline.com...
explains that there is some buerocracy behind it all. That the drugs could actually be good a lot longer than stated on your bottle.

One website did say that tetracycline based drugs become toxic after they expire so stay away from those.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You don't. You can however collect large amounts of clean fresh spider webs. They contain an anti biotic that keeps the web safe from bacteria mold and rot.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A bottle of Micro-silver in addition to the clove oil and tea tree oil. Microsilver works like immodium. Nothing like the machine gun splatters to make a bad situation worse.

They carry it here but you need to ask as to shelf life.

www.biopureus.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Lavender oil is great too. It is a powerful antibiotic, especially good for wounds. It instantly kills any pain, sting and itching from any kind of insect bite as well. I have found it to be more powerful than tea tree oil, or any other kind of essential oil for antibiotics. It's the number one thing I would put in my emergency kit, along with colloidal silver and iodine tablets. Iodine tablets can be used to help fight the radiation. The thyroid is ususally the first thing to be affected by radiation. If you take iodine tablets for say a month after contamination, it will keep your thyroid working just fine.

Honey is another good antibiotic topically, and last a long time. You can also eat it, too.

I would also pack a book about home/herbal remedies. A good one is "Jude's Herbal". It has all sorts of cures for alot of different things, including food, herbs and simple things you have around the house. They really work, too!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminis
You can however collect large amounts of clean fresh spider webs. They contain an anti biotic that keeps the web safe from bacteria mold and rot.

Can you source that info? How would one injest or would you apply to wounds. Does it work for all species of spider webbing?

After chernobyl the russians were said to have added "french green clay" to chocolate bars and then handed it out to children because the clay abosorbs radiation as it passes through the body. You can get some at your local health food store or off the net like anything else. I add it to my homemade chocolate every once in a while on general principle.

www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com...
www.aboutclay.com...

Pascalite is a type of clay that is only found in Wyoming that has similar properties. It can be used for cytotoxic spider wounds.

Tincture of colloidal silver for wounds and illness.

Corn starch makes a good powder when you have to trek long distances you're not used to.

Sri Oracle

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Never ask for a source when it can be googled. I don't source. However since this is a healing thing, I will be happy to assist.

www.rps.psu.edu...

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I had a Native American friend, raised in the traditional way. He told me that spider webs are good for wounds.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
...just wanted to thank 'the survivalists' for existing here at ATS. I read all the threads when I can and think it's a great subject forum for those who like to 'be ready' for anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A while back I watched a documentary about the Chernobyl disaster and what all they went through trying to cap it off. At one point early in the cleanup they said they flew over in helicoptors dropping a mixture of sand and boric acid to neutralize the radiation. At this point I'm not buying into that but I do wonder where the logic comes from. Anybody know?

apc

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Smokeing_Gun

For radiation potassium iodide to prevent thyroid cancer. You can get NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) protective suits and masks which don't really provide radiation protection, but you can just wash fallout off (buy new in vacuum packs, never used, and follow instructions). But otherwise you'll want to just stay away from the radiation or build a shelter.

I'd be more comfortable with prescription pharmaceuticals in the event of a real emergency than alternative or "natural" methods. Those are good things to keep in the home, but I'm not going to be taking tea-tree oil if someone dumps anthrax on my head. NBC gear again will protect from most threats if you have time to prepare. But really the goal should be to avoid exposure rather than try to treat it. You probably won't have enough time.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

webs are used externally, they also help with clotting
m xx

manuka honey is also good for wounds and infections, and can be applied externally as well as taken orally.
bee propolis is also a natural antibiotic and can be taken orally as well as applied externally.
plantaine (sp?) can be boiled and eaten and or polticed and applied to wounds to fight infection.
self heal flowers can be eaten to help promote healing.
most trees have healing properties (tree wisdom book).
elderberries are good for flu
rasberries are anti cancer
blackberries relieve diarrhoea,
garlic is antibacterial, anti viral, anti septic and a decongestant,
fennal is a anti spasmotic, relieves intestinal cramps and stomach pain,
willow bark can be made into a tea and used as a pain reliever as well as bring temperature down (ingredient of asprin)
nettles are high in iron and an anti inflammatory......... the list goes on.
i find that most plants have some healing use as well as nutitional use.
m xx

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join