It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Bust in North Carolina High Schools nets 49 students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
49 students out of a total high school enrollment of about 6,300, were taken into custody on felony drug charges of �possession with intent to sell and deliver.� The majority of cases involve marijuana, but there were other drugs including ecstasy, Oxycontin and coc aine.

Officers from several law enforcements agencies, put schools in North Carolina on lock down and then proceeded with their investigation

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This story amazes me, I always knew drugs were available in schools but to have full-blown kiddie drug dealers being busted during a normal school day with other students around doesn't present the image I personally would like to see happen in schools, especially if my child is not involved in any illegal activities.

Officials were already undercover in these schools. I think there should have been other ways to bust these juvenile criminals instead of putting entire schools on lockdown and searching every kid.

But then again, when you hear stories like what have been occuring recently in the news involving kids and schools, it seems that something must be done. I just dont' know if drug busts in schools are the right way to go about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What scares me is the kids they missed. That means they're good at this. I know that drug use is a major, major problem. Maybe it's jsut me- I came from a town where there were kids with too much money and too much time. it was a sorry sight to see.

DE

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is two OxyContins in your pocket now. A couple crack rocks is a felony intent. It's the war on us baby!

Get 'em in the system young. Mandate psychiactric treatments, anti-depressants and keep it coming. Moniter them kiddies. When they mess up. Jail 'em. Make killers out of em. Yay team War on us.

Cause once you set foot in the judicial system. They got you for life!

Remember when high school kids DRANK beer? Their 18 year old buddies bought it for em. Now it's CRACK AND HILLBILLY HEROIN! Thanks MADD.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Is two OxyContins in your pocket now. A couple crack rocks is a felony intent. It's the war on us baby!

Get 'em in the system young. Mandate psychiactric treatments, anti-depressants and keep it coming. Moniter them kiddies. When they mess up. Jail 'em. Make killers out of em. Yay team War on us.

Cause once you set foot in the judicial system. They got you for life!

Remember when high school kids DRANK beer? Their 18 year old buddies bought it for em. Now it's CRACK AND HILLBILLY HEROIN! Thanks MADD.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by RANT]

If you think it's MADD's fault that kids are shooting up, then you've obviously never met a real-life druggie.

I wathced deals go down in the middle of the hallways when I was in HS. And I'll tell you something, it's their own damn fault.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The majority of cases involve marijuana, but there were other drugs including ecstasy, Oxycontin and coc aine.

At least the majority of cases involved marijuana.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Drug use and dealing is not uncommon at my school at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I remember when I was in high school, going with a couple friends to another drug dealer so they can buy coc aine. We were like 16, and they would buy an 8-ball, divide it up into 1/4 grams, and sell it. This was in Chicago, and I used to hang around with a lot of gangbangers. Now when I look back on it, kind of frightens me. What the heck was I thinking? But drugs are prevalent in the schools, and there will always be a demand for them.

Never used the stuff before, though. Not even pot, which I think is really not that big of a deal.

One question though: What kind of mentality does it take to recruit a teenager as a drug dealer????

Sick

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
School is a place to learn.
IMO, it's atleast the one place drugs and Marijuana should be kept out of.
If they come to school just to # off and sell stuff then they should be kicked out.
Kids won't learn as well with cops with guns running around the schools.
Why are they there? Because they (school system) wants to make sure the dangerous, idiot, waste of lives drag everyone else down with them, because they too, are intitled to an education at the cost of all the others that are there for the right reason. Sure school should be fun, but thats all it is for some.
When a child has a disiplin problem, they should be removed from all the other children they may rub off on.
Parents should be held responsible for the way their young kids act to a certian extent (some things are just out of your controll).
I just think Drugs, Cops, troublemakers should have no involvement in the schools.
What can ya do?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am still at school, albeit not in America..
IMHO those who still go to 'free schools' e.g. state-run schools feel no obligation to their parents etc to make the most of their education... it is seen as a boring and repetitive routine which they arent interested in..
Drugs are glamourized as things that will bring 'happiness' and make you feel increadibly good, which is why I assume most people do it
The mentaility to recruit a teenager as a drug dealer is one of greed, I'm sure most people here could recruit a teen as a drug dealer if told of the potential profits from it.
Also, the same reason why children are used in the African civil wars, lack of a serious conscience
Drugs arent prevailant, but do exist, in my school, but there is hardly as much peer pressure etc to take it and it's not one of the pre-requisites for being in the 'cool crowd'
I had a few other things to say but I've forgotten
oh yeah... If you dont throw them into prison etc they'll never learn the harsh reality of their deeds, what's the point of slapping someone on the risk for drug dealing if they'll keep doing it again and again.

top topics

join