It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Prove that Life on Earth Could very well Originated on Mars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well ladies and gents, its not just the men who are from Mars its all of us. That�s right scientists claim that they have proved �beyond reasonable doubt� that life on Earth could have come from Mars.

In 1984 a Meteorite was found in Antarctica. NASA has claimed for years that the meteorite contained fossil records of bacteria. Well now two Australian scientists claim that the fossil records are definitely Martian and predate all life on Earth. Using an electron microscope and ultra violet light the pair compared the meteorite fossils with that of earth bacteria matching 11 key features of their biosignatures.

"The fossils pre-date any fossil evidence of life on this planet.

"So it demonstrates quite clearly that there was life on Mars before there was life on Earth.

"And with this fossil record that we've got now, it indicates that life probably came from Mars."

"It's more conclusive than finding a T-rex skeleton," Dr Taylor said. "It's more conclusive than finding a T-rex skeleton," Dr Taylor said.

Dr Taylor said bacteria could easily hitch a ride through the solar system when asteroids blasted rocks off planets into space.

"A simple life form could very easily survive the ejection process," Dr Taylor said.

"So inside the rock, protected from gamma rays, freeze-dried; indefinitely-preserved life is not only possible, it's probable.

"The conditions experienced on re-entry are not enough to kill life forms, so it is accepted as being highly probable that life could transmit from one planet to another."

Source

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No wonder they are going to mars right now. You have to know if we know NOW, then the gov. has known for a while. I wonder exaxtly what they are looking for other than bacteria life?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't see why we couldn't be from Mars. And if we are... We we consider ourselves earthlings AND Martians?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"beyond reasonable doubt� that life on Earth could have come from Mars."

I dont know how Beyond reasonable doubt, and could have come from Mars. Makes any sence. The phrase could have come from mars, makes doubt.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
"beyond reasonable doubt� that life on Earth could have come from Mars."

I dont know how Beyond reasonable doubt, and could have come from Mars. Makes any sence. The phrase could have come from mars, makes doubt.

~~~+++~~~

ah yes, an uncontrovertable=> could have
and an irrefrutible=> maybe

the theory >panspermia.org< is still fringe stuff...

[i guess the astrobiology community is like the
Intelligence Community of late...and will remain
locked in their own reality]

*i like the 'Fetch stinky mud' episode in the linked article,
smart pooch...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Another name that appears in the research paper is Tamarind, Dr Taylor's dingo-cross pet dog which helped sniff out the right bacteria during a field trip.

"She knows what the word 'stinky' means so I told her to go and find 'stinky mud' and she did exactly that," Dr Taylor said.

"She came back covered in putrid, foul mud and low and behold in the mud that she had found, I found great specimens of these bacteria." [/qoute]

Hmmm...

So what Science degree does this dog have ?

Let me guess, a MSOSO...

(Master's of Smelling Out Stinky Objects)

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. But does this mean that we will never be able to live on Mars? I mean, if the bacteria could only evolve on Earth and not on Mars, we are obviously not meant to survive on the Martian surface all that long.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
I don't see why we couldn't be from Mars. And if we are... We we consider ourselves earthlings AND Martians?

Then we'll be Martian-Americans, or I guess
Martian-Earthlings would be more accurate.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRenegade
Sounds interesting. But does this mean that we will never be able to live on Mars? I mean, if the bacteria could only evolve on Earth and not on Mars, we are obviously not meant to survive on the Martian surface all that long.

That is because they were simple life forms, we are more complex and advanced and have the ability to change things, such as the Martian atmosphere, thogh it takes a very long time. Bacteria cannot do things that humans can.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why is it that our die hard Christians seemed to have refused to answer to this thread?

Controversy up the ASS!

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe it's against their religion. even if I were the pope, I'd be the first one to celebrate the finding of Extraterrestrial life. Everyone looks at me funny, especially my friends and teachers, when I tell them I have no religion, that I'm atheist.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
our internal clocks are setup to MARSdays and not Earth days???

pretty weird considering we are living on Earth....

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I hope for finding life as well, and I also don't have a religion. but I do know some of the stuff cause I went to christian schools.. there is a passege in the bible about the ark of noah. if this is true it might take this to an all new prospective

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Maybe it's against their religion. even if I were the pope, I'd be the first one to celebrate the finding of Extraterrestrial life. Everyone looks at me funny, especially my friends and teachers, when I tell them I have no religion, that I'm atheist.

As an atheist, you don't understand their reasoning, just as religious people don't understand yours. Different mindsets completely.

If you were the Pope, your religious background would make you much more hesitant to celebrate the findings of extraterrestrial life, as much of religion is based on God creating man in his own image. How can they make the Claim that God created everything if they can't reconcile in their brains the concept that humanity isn't nearly so special, nor unique, as they've been led to believe?

Adding aliens to the mix always muddles with religious thinking, so I don't expect many religious heads to openly support any findings that life may have started somewhere else.

Whether it is true or not, any findings of absolute proof for alien life, or in this case, life on Earth evolving from forms on Mars, would likely be held back from the public because it would likely cause more problems than it would solve, polarizing both sides of the science vs. religion debate further.

The religious zealots would claim the information was falsified, with fanatics vowing to take their vengeance on those who would spread the lies against God, Allah, etc. That leads to another level of terror from all sides, not just the Middle East anymore. You think deep pockets from the Middle East secretly (or not) fund terrorism now? Imagine what happens if some rogue Vatican official decides to back some of these yahoos with the wealth of the Catholic Church.

Some whose faith sustained them would have a breakdown, causing more psych-ward cases than any health care system could hope to be prepared for. What about the ones who only obey the rules of society because their religion tells them it's what they have to do? Do we have a widespread wave of panic and crime?

It's a big deal, boys and girls. This would have no small level of repercussions. That's what scares the people who hide this stuff, I think. The consequences could be big-time bad and they get paid the big bucks to think of the worst case scenarios. This is just the worst-case scenario I can think of off the top of my head.

Still wonder why religious types might not want to acknowledge this? Still wonder why it's not officially sanctioned knowledge from most world governments?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
actually... I kinda do know how the religion works. I used to go to church all the time and my neighbors right now that i know very well are like Super religious. It's just over time I've found it hard to believe that one being vreated everything. That's how I became non-religious. You can blame science for that.

top topics

join