It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory (MMRL) and the M-Cell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
I cannot help but think that this is a contrived post. It is simply too icky and sweet. Every sentence lauds the Masons...it reeks of being disingenuous and promoting the Masons. I have no doubt that the poster is a Mason or the wife of one. I betcha..I am a pretty savvy reader, and this is just too much of a multi-pointed promotion of Masonic ' values ' to be accidental. Maybe I am on the cautios side, but this seems like a ' gimme 'from a Mason admirer that goes a bit overboard. Just my take..

My last post was directed to you, Eyewitness, not Rockpuck. Just wanted to clarify. I do expect an apology from you, eyewitness. Ad hominem attacks are against T&C.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

You are still under the assumption that your faith is somehow more provable than any other faith. Because you want it to be does not mean it is. It is faith, thats it. I think a college degree in philosophy and religion (among other majors) is quite enough of an investigation, what did yours involve?

I am still baffled that someone who is not a mason would proclaim to tell me what the "real" origins of the symbolism is. You cannot tie the occult to everything, as much as you'd like to. As someone else has pointed out before, the answer to everything is not always gnosticism.

You are asking me to prove that the sky is green, or that the ocean is purple. Its an ad ignorantium logical fallacy. As I said before I have no problem with your faith, you are more than entitled to it. But what you believe is not true for everyone, regardless of whether you think it is. I personally have my own Christian faith and I believe it is true regardless of what everyone thinks, but I do not quote scripture telling you that your gnosticism is heresy - because it is not my job to tell you that. You can believe whatever you want to believe, and its all on faith.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is going nowhere.

I should Consciously keep the following, that I was recently reminded of, in mind more often:

"Indeed, I want to tell you in the name of the truth that skepticism exists because of ignorance. Therefore, the day when the people awaken their consciousness they will stop being ignorant, and, as a fact, skepticism will disappear, because ignorance is equal to skepticism and vice versa.

Indeed, Gnosis is not a doctrine that seeks to convince skeptical people, because if today we convince 100 skeptical individuals, tomorrow we have to convince 10,000, and if we convince the 10,000, then 100,000 will appear who want to be convinced, and so on and so forth, thus, we will never be done." - Samael Aun Weor

Meaning that it does no good to convince cynical-skeptics, if they have no soul-longing to objectively seek truths, whether mundane or spiritual.

The only thing I've left for you is this:

May I ask what you would do if it turned out, based on the "physical proof" that it would take to convince you, that the symbols of Masonry that you believe are only "moral guides" to interpret however you want, are indeed based on the Gnostic Sciences of Ancient Kemet, Buddhism, Pythagoreanism, etc.; and were originally intended to convey scientific meanings?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Your arrogance amazes me. You just did exactly what I said, you quoted more of your doctrine that just shows your faith is elitist and arrogant. It speaks for itself. I could start quoting what Albert Pike says about arrogance, but it would be pointless.

Proof for what you claim would be showing historical evidence that shows masonry has one original meaning. That would require you showing an authoritative Masonic source that is held to speak for Masonry, which gives an historical account of how this happened with documents that are in an archive somewhere. You won't find one, because there is no one source that speaks for masonry.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In response your last post, I'll address this:

I personally have my own Christian faith and I believe it is true regardless of what everyone thinks,

Not argument here.

However:

but I do not quote scripture telling you that your gnosticism is heresy -

Because to do so would be asinine, as you are a FREEMASON.

If you choose to believe in conventional "Christianity", and materialism, at the same time; then fine.

If you're a Freemason, fine.

But it amazes me that most contemporary Freemasons don't see the contradiction.

I'm sorry, but Freemasonry as a whole is supposed to be uplifting humanity; not bogging us down further into dogma and materialism.

And you could quote Albert Pike to show my arrogance. But why would you? Almost everything he wrote is contrary to "scientific" materialism and conventional non-Gnostic "Christianity".

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Erm, can we get back to the topic at hand? Thank you.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
You won't find one, because there is no one source that speaks for masonry.

Never said there was; at least not a single person or sect that speaks for it anyway.

There are many sources I study that speak for Masonry, which all agree with one another.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Stop derailing the topic.

Originally posted by Tamahu
I'm sorry, but Freemasonry as a whole is supposed to be uplifting humanity; not bogging us down further into dogma and materialism.

I'm sorry, but Gnosticism and the Occult as a whole is supposed to be uplifting humanity; not bogging us down further into dogma and materialism.

See, I can make sweeping generalizations without proof too! Ironic, no?

By the way, I wouldn't quite Albert Pike because you are so blind in your elitism you would not see it.

And yes, YOUR sources probably do all agree with each other because you pick and select the ideologies you agree with. I could find other masonic sources that disagree with them directly.

Now please, you've derailed the topic long enough. Stop. If it makes you feel better I'll be the bigger man and let you get in the "last word" by replying to this and doing your usual by insulting my belief system and holdings yours to be the "real" truth. I know you won't be able to resist, so go ahead.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
OK, you can feel like the "bigger man" if you want.

But just for the record, this thread was not derailed starting with my posts.

It was first derailed here:

reply to post by stompk

And here:

reply to post by Rockpuck

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
feel free to make your own thread on "Hidden Occult Symbols and Beliefs used in Medicine," but please, refrain from using other people's threads as your own springboard for a different topic.

This thread is about a specific outlet of Freemasonry, and the work they do, not some broad "Occult Medicine" discussion, although that sounds interesting as well.

also, it's amusing to see people come in and post things like "Oh, you make it sound so good - it must be bad!" That's the type of logic I love!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
feel free to make your own thread on "Hidden Occult Symbols and Beliefs used in Medicine," but please, refrain from using other people's threads as your own springboard for a different topic.

This thread is about a specific outlet of Freemasonry, and the work they do, not some broad "Occult Medicine" discussion, although that sounds interesting as well.

Fair enough.

But, with all due respect, that wasn't my original intention.

I simply recommended the study of a very profound Medical Knowledge that is at the Foundation of Masonry, to complement contemporary Masonic Medical research; and then others proceeded to derail the thread with argument.

But I digress. Perhaps I should have been, for the sake of the original topic, as LiD says: "the bigger man", and not have responded to their taunts.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Enough. Let's get back to the topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join