It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory (MMRL) and the M-Cell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
First, some background. I was lucky enough to be invited to a local lodge by a friend, to attend a dinner, along with a guest speaker from something he thought I might find of interest: an overview of the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory, and their latest discovery, the M-Cell.

Here is their website:
www.mmrl.edu...

They are a "non-profit institute, dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for all." The brochure says they have been incorporated in NY since October of 1947, registered as the "Masonic Foundation for Medical Research and Human Welfare."

Among the various topics covered, most focused on heart disease, and the cures and treatments in development. The highlight of the entire presentation was the introduction of a new cell that MMRL claims to have been the first to identify, deep within the layers of the ventricular myocardium - which is the assumed reason they are called "M"-cells, although within the lodge, it was certainly suggested and pretty much accepted that the "M" came from a more familiar source.

There was a fairly well put together video, which lasted maybe twenty minutes, then a thirty minute power point presentation, followed by another half hour of questions. Overall, I found the entire thing fascinating on many different levels. This was the first time I had even heard about the MMRL, let alone the research they had been doing. Needless to say, I am still very interested in more information about the organization. I believe they give out scholarships as well, to put good students through medical school, free of charge.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Another excellent example of masonic charity, although I must admit I had never heard of this until you brought it up. Thanks for the information. I am always amazed at how multi-faceted the charities of masonry are - from children's homes to hospitals to medical research, and back...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Excellent post Scientist. I too am not familiar with this institution but its charity and endeavors do not come as a total surprise. I am looking forward to finding more information about this facility and the topic in general. Even if this research helps only one person it makes being a part of Masonry so much more rewarding. Thank you.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
When trying to make a donation, they ask for my Lodge # number.

www.mmrl.edu...

Where can I find my lodge number ?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That box appears to be completely optional, and would only be used by masons who want to credit it to the Masonic Brotherhood Fund Campaign. I'm quite sure they'd be happy to accept donations from masons and non-masons alike...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

If you were actually a Mason you might know this and it would be applicable. It is not relavant if you are not a Mason and does not stop you from contributing if you so choose.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

how is one to become a mason anyway?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

It is fairly straight forward. By being a person of good standing in your community and asking a person who is already a Mason. You will also need a second person to sign your petition but this is quite easy to obtain if you have someone vouch for you initially. Try visiting a local lodge and speaking to some of the brethern or inquire from your states Grand Lodge if there are any open houses or other public vents planned. This is a good way to meet and introduce yourself and allow your desire to be made known.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Scientists, this is absolutely amazing and wonderful. THanks for the info. There are so many charitable things that the Masons do. I've heard they contribute $1 million dollars a day to charities. Who else can make that claim? I've known many Masons and have been impressed by them all, which makes sense, as spiritual development are at the heart of the Masons, as I understand it.

I love that they have their own research lab, free from govt. interference, propaganda and influence.

I also love that in the Masons, it is a good place for men to meet other men and discuss spiritual growth among themselves; I believe it is something that has long been missing from our U.S. culture and is a dire necessity for men to learn how to bond and interact with other men about spiritual topics they otherwise wouldn't talk about. I think they are a wonderful group and I have tremendous admiration and respect for the Masons.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
Here is their website:
www.mmrl.edu...

They are a "non-profit institute, dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for all." The brochure says they have been incorporated in NY since October of 1947, registered as the "Masonic Foundation for Medical Research and Human Welfare."

Interesting.

Now I'll probably catch flak from some materialists and cynical-skeptics....

But let us hope that they will incorporate the study of the following books into their practice:

Occult Medicine & Practical Magic

Fundam ental Notions of Endocrinology and Criminology

Igneous Rose

Fundamentals of Gnostic Education

"In order to develop positive clairvoyance, it is required to practice the necessary esoteric exercises and to study the best authors of Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, Yoga, Psychology, etc., etc. Our worst enemy is ignorance; therefore, we recommend our readers study the great works of the female Master Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, entitled The Secret Doctrine. We also recommend Kundalini Yoga of Sivananda, the books of Dr. Arnold Krumm-Heller, the books of Dr. Adoum, the books of Rudolf Steiner, etc., etc." - Samael Aun Weor: Endocrinology & Criminology

Including also the researches of Paracelsus, Francis Bacon, Franz Hartmann, Manly P. Hall, and Yeshi Dhonden and H.H. the Dalai Lama.

IMHO, every Mason and Rosicrucian should study the Wisdom of the Ancients passed down from the Original Man to Western civilization; and, combined with the advancements of occidental research in regard to anatomy and surgery, the Gnostic Wisdom of the New Age.

And by "New Age", I do not refer to that pseudo-occult mediumism stuff that is so popular these days.

Did not the Scottish Rite itself use to publish a pamphlet called the "New Age" or something like that?

When the occidental and oriental science are completely joined, then the human being will reach a new integral and total culture, free of fanatical sectarisms.- Samael Aun Weor, Endocrine and Criminology, 1957

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
none of that was discussed. It was all very clinical and scientific, and like I said the main focus was on heart disease. I asked how masonry tied in with the organization, and the answer was that being masonic was one of the reasons it was able to be non-profit. The presenter also mentioned that being a mason was not required to become an intern, employee, volunteer or student.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What I'm pointing out, is that Occult Science is scientific(hence the name), and when combined with modern research, such as that carried out at the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory, true wonders could be performed.

The book "Occult Medicine & Practical Magic" does actually contain within it's pages, instructions on Elementotherapy and other means of healing for heart conditions; and, believe it or not, a cure for cancer.

Unfortunately people have become extremely skeptical due to our Pineal and other glands having become atrophied. The Ancient Schools of Regeneration however(the Sufis, Tibetan Buddhists, Brahmins, Gnostics, etc.) have kept alive the practical Knowledge for the Resurrection of CHiram Abiff within the the Masonic Temple(i.e. the Human Being).

Fortunately one no longer has to join a remote Ashram in the Himalayas, etc., or even a physical Masonic Lodge, in order to study these things. The teachings are mostly all public now. Most Lodges have actually gotten far behind in their studies.

So, hopefully we will soon see some major changes occuring within the fields of contemporary official science.

Additional highly recommended books for Masons and non-Mason scientists alike:

Manly P. Hall's Philosophical Research Society: Occult Anatomy of Man

Regards

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Was trying to find something that they published in a Medical Journal.

Didn't find anything. Doesn't mean anything. They seem to be legite.

They aren't new, that's for sure.

In 1954, M. W. Raymond C. Ellis, during his term as Grand Master, conceived the idea of a medical research laboratory supported by the Craft. Dedicated to basic research the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory would embody the very essence of the Fraternity's charitable good work. In June of 1958, Raymond C. Ellis' dream became a reality.

Source

It appears that this nice little non-profit, tax exempt charity also gets federal grants.

Fiscal Year: 2003
Federal dollars: $1,033,401
Total number of recipients: 1

Source

Can someone explain to me why the Mason wonderful charity work is being funded by Federal grants.

And someone show me a paper that has been published in the last 50 yrs.

So you see, all you got to do is dig a little, and suddenly this wonderful charity doesn't seem so wonderful, at least to me.

I wonder what I would find if I keep digging. Thanks for the lead.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I did find that they are using laboratory animals for experimentation.

One year it seemed they use 216 dogs.

Source

What those kind, hard-working, nonprofit folks don't tell you is their research includes killing dogs and cutting out their hearts.
Last week, a transport truck swerved off Interstate 90 in Kingsville, carrying 16 bluetick and walker hounds bound for the facility.
The dogs got loose. The poor, scared animals were collected by the Animal Protective League, with the exception of two. One got away. The other was killed by traffic.
Humane officers thought they were being transported to a rescue-related agency. Only after the animals were collected did the Humane Society learn their true destination.
With tears in their eyes, they had no choice but to release the dogs for certain death.
The transporter, C.C. Baird, is a notorious animal dealer from Arkansas who has repeatedly been cited by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for violating provisions of the federal Animal Welfare Act, according to documents provided by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Source

Yep, it's masonic all right.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

While I agree that occult-science is not getting the attention it deserves, I dont think it relates to masonic work. Masonry is not as esoteric as it might once have been, a long time ago. Most of the work done by organizations as shown in this thread, is purely "normal science".

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Was trying to find something that they published in a Medical Journal.

someone show me a paper that has been published in the last 50 yrs.

that's because MMRL doesn't write articles, the scientists that work at MMRL do.

www.mmrl.edu...

Selected Publications

Expression, purification and functional characterization of a recombinant scorpion venom peptide
Peptides, 2003, Feb, 24(2):187-192

Effects on electrophysiological properties of rabbit atrial myocytes.
Chinese Medical Journal (English), 2003, Nov, 116(11): 1691-1696

One year it seemed they use 216 dogs. Yep, it's masonic all right.

Is it that hard to believe a medical facility is using animals for research? That's not so uncommon, it's not like they are making shampoo. Plus, I didn't realize working on medical advancements for people was unmasonic. Not many dogs I know are brothers,

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Maybe you and Michael Vick ought to get together.

You'll probably have to head over to Prince Hall though.

Oh, and I'm glad you left out commenting on the gov. grant.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by stompk]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Wow !!

What another amazing contribution to society in general by the Freemasons...You guys are amazing...You don't want and actually shun publicity from my experience for your good works...

You are to be commended to be a group of men of good hearts and right minds dedicated not only to bettering themselves spiritually, but benefiting the communities you live in on so many levels

Kudos to you, Gentlemen...

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Maybe you and Michael Vick ought to get together.

right, because using animals for medical research that cna ultimately save human lives is exactly the same as dog fighting? Please. You are merely reaching for something negative, and the closest you could find was some PETA website, and a federal grant?

By those standards, you would be hard pressed to find any organizations that aren't devious.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
By those standards, you would be hard pressed to find any organizations that aren't devious.

They're all devious, you didn't know?

Some people just have the uncontrollable urge to drop a deuce in other people's cheerios.

Good find, BTW -- thanks for posting it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join