It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee wanted to isolate AIDS patients

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
When it was first known about AIDS, the whole nation was terrified of it. People were being evicted and shunned by their neighbors. There was no cure and the WHO, yes that big UN agency was adding to the terror saying it would increase and spread that it would diminish the entire world population. I think Huckabee had it right at the time. Try exchanging the word AIDS for "smallpox" and see how that works.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey

there has to be an island somewhere with enough room.

I think you'll find it's a continent called North America!

Seriously though, there probably has been a cure developed, but it is far less profitable than maintaining the syndrome?
This is a conspiracy website right?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AotearoaSon

Yes.. and the conspiracy is that drug companies don't want cures they want treatments so they can suck the money out of as many people as they can. They want to treat AIDS not cure it.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yep...that's pretty much what I was getting at.
Much like cancer....how much money is tied up in the pharmaceutical companies and their 'maintaining ' of the status quo?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AotearoaSon

You have no idea how long I have been on the ATS site and you are the only person to ever agree with me on anything. Thankyou.

That being said, the conspiracy is followed up by the entire medical field from the top down. If we didn't need to have doctors, they would be in prison. How many actually care about their patients. It's all about the lust for the dollar bill.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

time for my consertive view on the matter. those of you know who im targeting.

ok, lets start. it has been standard procedure to isolate people with highly communicable diseases. i do think its not logical that we could find everyone with aids or much less find a place to put them. however its not a bad idea if it could be done. as for the homosexual aspect, straight people get aids just the same. although certain factors do make exposure and contraction more likely. the cdc does have the athority to do it

www.qp.gov.bc.ca...

edit: i replyed to the wrong user sorry.
i was going for my sworn enemy. just kidding

[edit on 15pmu92007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Can we quarantine all the people who didn't read that the source article was from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO?

Back in 1992, people were turning up with AIDS without any sexual contact---pre-teens. later on it was shown to be from impure blood products.

Huckabee isn't wanting to isolate anyone today, or even a decade ago.

As a matter of fact, the idea that you "Cannot" catch HIV without sexual contact is a myth. The truth is, the statistics make it extremely improbable. Not impossible mind you; just improbable. The CDC says that HIV is termperature-sensitive, and cannot live outside the body for more than a few minutes------on average. . . . .

Not that this warrants treating HIV as casually communicable--it doesn't. Yet, like with any virus, your safety isn't "guaranteed" either. Just overwhelmingly good odds.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the last red cross first aid class i took said that hiv can live out side the human body for 72 hours provided with the right conditions. what those conditions were however they did not teach us..

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

You fear mongers need to realize that Aids in america kills a measly 15000 per year.

WOW!!!! I guess according to you 15000 is measly. What were the 3000 killed in WTC then?
Have you ever thought why it might only be 15000 per year, if that is even the correct number as you showed no proof of your figures. If you believe in government population control, which I have not seen anyone take this angle yet, you may realize that the "elite" have a way of being able to allow the public to believe that the AIDS virus is on the decline. In actuality, in the overall scheme of things, it is working out just the way they want. A slow, inconspicuous way to rid the globe of people at a rate that will not be so rapidly overwhelming.
When it comes to AIDS, I think we have to think on a larger scale. If this is part of a population control plan, the cure will never be given out as the elites are also making millions upon millions of dollars only releasing the meds that help you live a bit longer and without all of the visual signs of the disease. Let's not forget all of the people that are still dying at alarming rates in other countries besides the U.S.
the tough part of an epidemic is the actual numbers that are given. they always seem to be going up and down. The WHO gives you a number, then the next day they take it back. So it is very hard to believe what we are told.
Check out this thread on AIDS population control
Global AIDS increase; project MK-NAOMI

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Immunodeficiency exists but there is no virus with it... it is YOU people who weaken your Immune System, to claim that there is a virus and we are looking for vaccine to cure it is ignorant..

AIDS appeared after human ate mokeys in Africa ? lol
if it was so it would have happened thousands of years ago, but we are still here and alive.

And to isolate others is the stupidest thing ever, dealing with any illness Immune System is not going to fight an illness unless it faces one..
Our Immune Systems are on the level way above these medicines you use, do not underestimate yourselves.

Vaccines have rarely been helpful and more often they brought more damage than it would have been without them.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by silencee]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It appears that Gov Huckabee has gained enough momentum to warrant this type of misleading news, as was stated earlier, this was his position on AIDS in 1992, based on information available in 1992.

Whether or not you agree with his position at that time, it was a position with merit, not one merely intended to isolate but more importantly to protect the uninfected citizens while possible cures were being worked on.

I see this as a purely political attempt to derail Huckabee's gaining popularity, and I would not be surprised if it came from within the Republican party, it really isn't too difficult to see why this would be brought up at this time.

We are closing in on the first primaries and the stakes are high, all guns will be fired and I expect many more of these ugly attempts as we go forward.

By reading the responses in this thread it is also apparent that these types of news items still carry great power as many could care less the context of which this article is based on.

1992 - 2007 = 15 years , different time, different world, different circumstances.

Was Huckabee's position wrong then? It is for each of us to decide, but to make an honest assessment, you have to take his position in context.

It is good to discuss these things, but try not to fall for the media/political traps which they depend on to trash candidates.

We are smarter than that this time, aren't we?

[edit on 12/10/2007 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
it should have been done a long ago. epidemics have to be controlled. it's a matter of disease control.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

and dehumanization... especially when a person can shake your hands and kiss you without transmitting the disease

it's funny how people have been getting away with skewing what our knowledge of AIDS was back in that time.

this is probably more of an issue of huckabee's homophobia than anything else.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, I reckon Huckabee's in good company...for all intents and purposes, doesn't Cuba quarantine it's HIV-AIDS patients?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
The idea of quarantine for aids is rediculous. Plagues in the past were isolated because they killed massive segments of populations, in the 50-75% range. You fear mongers need to realize that Aids in america kills a measly 15000 per year. To put this in perspective, Tylenol and other nsaids kill 7000 per year taken as perscribed, Illicit drugs kill about 17000, alcohol kills 85000, pharmeceuticals as prescribed kill 100000, medical error kills over 400000, poor diet and physical inactivity kill 400000, and tobacco kills 460000.

Did you get that? Nsaids such as aspirin and tylenol, Annually kill half as many people as AIDS. And you want to quarintine Aids people? May as well Quarantine Tylenol sales folks, Pharmeceutical companies, Lazy people, etc.

if AIDS only kills a relatively small number of people (source, please?), which is not really a small number in my opinion, then why such a fearmongering campaing of public service announcements and red ribbons and charity walks and celebrity endorsement to get people to use condoms?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Well, I reckon Huckabee's in good company...for all intents and purposes, doesn't Cuba quarantine it's HIV-AIDS patients?

haha, I was going to say this as well. I don't have a source but when I was studying Cuba in university this is a very interesting tidbit that I learned about the country. And guess what? Cuba is just one of the few third world countries on the globe in which AIDS is being kept in check.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join