It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychokinetic Wineglass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This guys looks like he moves a glass with his mind. The way he set everything up, I don't see how it could be faked. I could be missing something, anybody have any ideas? If this is real, I really want to know how it is done, and how to do it!

YouTube Video

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Viszet Oki]

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Viszet Oki]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Please note: This video is for entertainment purposes only. It is... in fact... only an illusion.

From his Video Description.

I saw the video before. I remember reading a comment where he admitted that it was only an illusion and not PK.

I don't really know how he did it though, does anyone here on ATS possibly know? It's also kind of a shame that it isn't real, youtube needs more legit PK videos

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Your guess is as good as mine. My only two things that he could have used would be fishing line between his fingers, which he pretty much ruled out (unless the tape stopped... I think I saw a little bit of jarring around 1:56 but that might just be Youtube.) Other than that, it looks like he was leaning pretty hard against the table. Maybe shaking it slightly or applying pressure to one edge somehow so the glass slides that way.

It pretty much opens up the potential for every psiwheel video to be faked until we get an answer to this and a way to identify that a trick is being used.

I just noticed that he is offering to explain to people in private... you might want to send him a message on Youtube/Myspace and get him to let us in. Make sure it's okay with him that you post it here first though.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If he said it was really psychokinesis, I would've believed him because I have absolutely no idea how that could be faked.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Viszet Oki

Its not real its a trick
But a really well played trick

There is much in this world we dont understand, but remember there is a sucker born every minute. People that fall for tricks are not stupid or anything, they just are easy to suck in, and amaze at the same time.

ITs what makes magicans so fun to be around! If we all knew their tricks what fun would it be watching them..

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Darn I really wanted that to be real,
I was even going to try it myself until I found out it's a trick

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

I just noticed that he is offering to explain to people in private... you might want to send him a message on Youtube/Myspace and get him to let us in. Make sure it's okay with him that you post it here first though.

I sent him a message on Youtube, now all we have to do is wait for a response

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well, here's the response I got from him.

Hi,
Regarding the PK Wineglass video... No, there is no fishing line between my fingers.
And normally, I'm willing to explain to individuals how I do it (after they swear to complete secrecy), but in this case, I fear that the secret to the method would then be exposed publicly on the Above Top Secret forum... so this is a bit of a dilemma for me.

Guess we'll never know

[edit on 12/17/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Update:

Ok, first of all... while it's true that I'm definitely performing an illusion in the video, it is also true that I used to practice true PK back in the early 80's. I had much success, but it ended up leading me down a very dark path. I steer very clear of the real thing these days and advise others to do so as well. No one is immune to the occult influences that eventually come into play when pursuing it to the level I did.

With that said... here's the method to the illusion that I perform. But please remember... keep it secret, keep it safe.

I'll stop the quote there, and yes he told me. I thought his method was quite creative

Go send him a message on Youtube if you wan't to know.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Its done with magicians wax and thread. The thread is made of nylon and is practically invisible to the naked eye. This effect is greatly enhanced when wearing a black shirt or have a black background. Wax is applied to the thumb and thread is stuck to it. The other end of the thread is placed on the object you want to move with your "mind". Moving your hands slightly, and good use of misdirection is key to pulling this trick off.

video.google.com...

video.google.com...

Literally, you cannot see this thread when your even 5 inches away from it.

With the quality and framerate of youtube, it would be almost impossible to detect the string. The nylon thread is incredibly strong and can pull or levitate a myriad of objects, including a wineglass.

FOR ME TO BE IMPRESSED:
Controlled scientific study done, all variables calculated and recalculated.

The only impressive evidence I've seen done with PK is with the controversial Uri Gellar.

Check this out.....

video.google.com...

[edit on 17-12-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

The video maker already said it's an illusion, so no need to debunk.

Also, imo Uri is nothing but a good magician, like Criss Angel.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Also maybe people were asking how the trick was done. I happened to know, so I shared. Sorry!

And BTW Uri is pretty talented. If you had watched the video I posted you would establish that the claims made against the validity of Mr. Gellar's claims are completely false. He is in a controlled scientific environment no trickery can apply here.

Next time Ill keep my mouth shut!

new topics

top topics

join