It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee Loves Rapists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
But there are some mistakes so large you can't recover from them. And what Mike Huckabee did in the Wayne Dumond case is exactly one of those mistakes. He lobbied for the release of a serial rapist and murderer who went on to rape and kill two more women. But why he did it is even worse.

It was part of an anti-Clinton hysteria that had him convinced that Dumond, who had raped a distant cousin of Bill Clinton when she was just 17 years old, was being railroaded by Clinton. First, Gov. Huckabee tried to commute the sentence of Dumond (who not only had raped before, but had killed someone with a claw hammer). Then when there was a public uproar, he backed off of that plan and instead pressured the parole board to release him instead.
news.aol.com...

That's right, guy rapes and kills people, but since one of the people he raped was related to Clinton the GOP, and Huckabee being the Gov. at the time wanted him released. Trying to commute, with the Gov. calling and talking to him, before pressuring the parole board to release him. Surprised they didn't ask him to run for office or give him an appointed spot. You know, like after Mark Foley raped boys in 1995 he was made head of the Abused and Missing Children's committee.

Spelling errors.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by HHH Is King]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is going to cost him big.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearHead

as if his positions and fanatical homophobia weren't enough...
and his other crazy "conservative" positions (the quotes are there for a reason)

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm usually think that a politician can get away or rebound of almost anything, but I think this is were it ends for Mike. Is a shame because I like the guy, I was impressed by his ideas and the way he carries himself.

Its like I didnt knew that I had a line that I wouldnt let any politican cross, but as soon as I heard about this I got completely down about the guy. And then you hear the stories of why he really did it and I just wish he would apologize to the family of the victims and step out.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Like others have said, its horrible. Hating Clinton so much as to allow someone who raped someone who was like a 3rd cousin by marrige to go free to rape and kill more.

But will it really matter? I mean come on Bush is a coke fiend who went AWOL. Also look at his record...

Had an oil company, couldn't find oil in the middle of an oil field.
Said we'll get Osama, couldn't find him.
Said WMDs in Iraq, couldn't find them.

How many skeletons are in his childhood home? Not a controversy but a friend playing hide and seek who starved to death waiting for Bush to find him?

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here you go..

Obsess on this..

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
More obsession material...

Semper

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

chuck norris: he's a complete nutjob that espouses bigotry towards all those who don't follow his religion.

i don't know if this is another reason for me to not like huckabee or another reason for me to not like chuck norris...

the vin diesel facts that started it all were better anyway.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Poor Chuck Norris, along with the GOP and people like Semp and Huckabee protecting and defending a man who RAPED AND KILLED MULTIPLE WOMEN! How sad is it that all you have to do is rape a 5th cousin twice removed of a Clinton to get people like Semp on ATS defedning your actions?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You might want to figure out exactly what the ALLEGED relationship to Bill Clinton is before you post.

Originally posted by HHH Is King
who had raped a distant cousin of Bill Clinton

someone who raped someone who was like a 3rd cousin by marrige

rape a 5th cousin twice removed of a Clinton

[edit on 12/13/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

i think the point is that it's a ridiculously obscure relation to clinton and that huckabee still saw it as some sort of ridiculous conspiracy by the clintons to get the man imprisoned (even though he had priors)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i think the point is ...

I know .. I know ... I just couldn't resist. Around here we demand accurate info. I have yet to see exactly what the fella's relationship with Clinton is supposed to be.

IF this is true .. then it's pretty darn stupid of him (and deadly wrong).

But honestly .... it sounds really far out there, ya' know? Some major-distant relation that Clinton probably never heard of and this guy is taking it out with him ????

Kinda far fetched to me - but I supposed stranger things have happened.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Chuck NORRIS???!! He's such a cornball. That cinches it, I'm not voting for Huckabee.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
All reports just say she was a distant cousin. Probably part of the law, you know, not exposing rape victims. So again, could do anything you want as long as at one point you rape someone related to Clinton and the GOP will fight to free you.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Haven't seen much on the news except Countdown. Sad, guy worships a rapist as a God and the GOP response? "Let's make him President!"

top topics

join