It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbia warns of a new Balkan war as peace talks over Kosovo fail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Serbia warns of a new Balkan war as peace talks over Kosovo fail

www.timesonline.co.uk

The prospect of a new Balkans conflict came closer last night after Serbia made threats of “war” with the breakaway province of Kosovo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This could turn into a mess. NATO should not be forcing a sovereign country to give away provinces like this.

Even scarier is the fact that a Russian Aircraft Carrier Battlegroup is on its way to the Mediterranean. The first time since the days of the Soviet Union. If NATO pushes Serbia I fear Russia may push back. If not militarily it will be through the EU's dependence on Russian energy.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is a link to the Russian naval deployment.

www.latimes.com...

MOSCOW -- Russia said Wednesday that it would start its first major naval operation in the Mediterranean Sea since Soviet times, the latest move by an increasingly assertive Moscow to demonstrate its military might.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Do you think that this was to be expected?
If this gets going, it will be pretty bad,and I mean bad!

There was a member here a few days ago, I can't remember the members name....but the post was about Kosovo.....
I dont think that the member returned to finish what was being said?
Thanks for the post/
helen

EDIT......found post on Kosovo

'

[edit on 12/8/2007 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hi There,

Serbia has Russia has a ally, and currently, Russia is conducting naval exercises in and around the mediterranean. I can't help feeling that something is sneaking up on us here?

I do think that Serbia, bolstered by the support of Russia, may indeed seek to provoke a conflict that will most certainly bring Nato into confrontation with Russia. 2008 looks to be a bumpy and nervous ride for all.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is very serious. Bush and his idiot partner Rice need to back off on this one. Russia had the gonads to send a small force into Kosovo without permission when NATO moved in years ago and it almost got very hairy with U.S. and Russian armor coming face to face when the U.S. troops had no idea that they would be there. The U.S. and Russian troops had to be freaking out. Luckily cooler heads ruled the day. I was pissed off that the Russians had almost triggered a war back then, Now I hope NATO don't stick with this venture because Russia will fight this battle. I think NATO was wrong to back a bunch of terrorist in Kosovo, No it was just plain stupid although Millosovich was a butcher and he did need to go.

The Enterprise battle group is in the Med right now on her way home from the gulf, I hope they don't hold her there. That group has been on duty for along time. We have two other carrier groups that can deployed there if need be that are in the Atlantic.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Robija hasn't been on the board for 10 days. However I'm very interested in what kind of prophecies have been said by Elder Paisios, you mention about Kosovo.

Could you share it with us, now the ill omened message of Russia heading that way would indicate some kind of fulfilment.

I have tried to google both St. Kosmas and Paisos without getting.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well well well isnt this just nice? I must say if this kicks off something it could get just plain ugly....isnt this how ww1 got kicked off?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is more than just politics - many Russians take the issue with Serbia close to heart.

It is very personal for Russia. In 1999 during the first NATO intervention in Serbia, many Russians called on the government to intervene. But Yeltsin had major health problems and other domestic issues, and felt Russia should not get involved. US used this and took its chance to attack. Many Russian generals however supported sending Russian troops there, and some even contemplated sending in troops without Yeltsin's approval. In fact the small contigent that was send to Pristina was not immediately approved by Yeltsin and he found out later. So now many Russians, including members of United Russia ruling party favor supporting Serbia. So far Russia has only supported Serbia via UN - which is why Kosovo independence got shot down there. But there are indications that Putin may use this chance to back a key ally by military means.

That is what makes this potential conflict so unpredictable. It is not just politics, but it is Russia wanting to get back at the U.S. for Clinton's idiotic war (which interestingly was started just as the Monica affair was being exposed).

What Russia will likely do, if it decides to intervene, is send its troops as "peacekeepers" to help "cover" Serbian troops. They don't even have to be involved in the fighting (if there will be any). NATO will never dare to attack if there is a chance that there may be Russian casualties. If US and NATO do not want this situation to occur (it would be very embarassing for them), they should back off with the whole independence bull**** right now. Perhaps US does not realize how important this is to Russia. Even if Putin is neutral, the Russian generals are not.

Why the hell does NATO even care about this independe thing so much? Is it just a way to bring closure to the moronic war, since Milosevich was never convicted? Doesn't US have bigger issues to worry about in the Middle East? Bush is sticking his nose into just too many things, and cannot sufficiently handle any one of them. You cannot fight a war (military or political) on so many fronts at once - you will end up losing it on all fronts.

And if Russia does not help Serbia, it is anyone's guess. The radicals in Serbia are a very powerful interest group, because they have the people's support when it comes to Kosovo. They have a lot of influence over Tadic, and even more so over the army. I would honestly not be surprised if they go at it alone without Russia.

NATO should simply understand that they cannot settle this conflict. They cannot separate the two sides and tell them to stand in the corner like in a kindergarden. They ended the shooting, but the problems are all still there. Independent Kosovo will solve fewer problems than it will create, and I cannot see how it could last long.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I always find your post very informative... however...

Why do you call NATO intervention "moronic" and devoutly support the Serbian side of the situation?

Do you realize the wide spread rape, torture and systematic genocide that took place? .. Surely you see that while there was politics in the situation, the US people support NATO's action because of the things that where going on. The Kosovo rape, torture and genocide is none-deniable.. there are thousands of well documented cases.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Why do you call NATO intervention "moronic" and devoutly support the Serbian side of the situation?

Do you realize the wide spread rape, torture and systematic genocide that took place? .. Surely you see that while there was politics in the situation, the US people support NATO's action because of the things that where going on. The Kosovo rape, torture and genocide is none-deniable.. there are thousands of well documented cases.

Genocide is a very general word, and what the West knows as "genocide" can be real and it can be fake. What is a genocide? Is it when your family and friends are being driven from your homeland because somebody feels that you will be "in the way" of a new independent country based on nothing more than an ethnical majority in a province? Is it when your country and people are systematically bombed by stealth fighters of a "peacekeeping force" that just happened to intervene when a really important man was exposed of having a sex scandal? Or is it when you start a war hoping for independence and knowing that there will be civilian casualties among your people because of your diehard arrogance? Is it when you gather dead bodies of your guerilla fighters, dress them as civilians, cut off their heads, and bury them all in a fresh ditch so you can call UN to investigate your "genocide"?

Is it genocide when you have two very determined sides fighting each other via dirty methods and guerilla forces, and in the process many civilians happen to die ON BOTH SIDES, when you take your anger out on the first village you come upon? If it is, then why does one side get accused of genocide and combed by an international coalition, while the other side is free to go on killing and looting? Shouldn't genocide be equally cruel, whether it is done by your ally or by your enemy? Why did NATO chose a scapegoat and make him out to be the "bad guy" when what you had was a war with "bad guys" and innocent deaths on both sides? Why is it that BBC and other Western media only covered one side of the genocide, and made the other side to be nothing but a devil and a butcher, when it had lost just as many civilians?

Nothing is black and white. What NATO and US did in the Serbian War was propagate a clear black and white separation between the two sides so to convince the its mindless citizens that Milosevich is evil and Albanians are poor innocent sheep. NATO could not care less about Albanians or anyone else in that conflict - there was a deeper political agenda for EU and NATO - and that was to put an end to powerful regime in Yugoslavia that did not fit in the "New Europe".

I do not support Milosevich or the attrocities Serbians committed, nor do I support the attrocities that Albanians committed. It was a dirty war started by arrogant "freedom fighters" who felt that the time was right to create their own nation - and overlooked the fact that somebody else already had a nation there. These "freedom fighters" who feel that because they call themselves that they can start any conflict they want in the world and expect the world community to throw flowers at them and cheer them on - they are the ones who I blame for this war. Serbia did not have the power to hold on to Kosovo through a conventional "clean" war, so it resorted to a dirty war which the other side was already waging.

What NATO did was come in with full force and say - THIS is the bad guy, and THAT is the good guy - and then proceeded to systematically destroy the fighting capabilities, along with collateral damage civilians of the deemed bad guy. Never mind the crimes that Abanians committed. Noooooo - we will only try Milosevich and his generals in order to prove to our accountants and lobbyists that this was a justified war. And what do you know - Milosevich dies when he subpoenas Clinton to come to the Hague. Milosevich was butcher, but he was a smart butcher (as opposed to a dumb butcher like the current white house coutrt jester deeming himself President). He knew how to defend himself, and how to turn the arguement around against NATO. NATO's intervention was illegal by its own doctrine. Serbia did not pose any threat to any member of NATO. It was an internal conflict.

So to answer your question - I do not support everything the Serbians did. But I do not support NATO's biased intervention (and a spit in the face at Russia at its weakest moment) even more. Thousands of innocent people got killed in Yugoslavia and NATO found it imperative to intervene at full force. Meanwhile in Africa and Asia genocide attrocities far worse than this are being committed everyday and NATO couldn't give two hoots. Only when one of the sides committing the attrocities is NATO's enemy, does NATO get up and do something. But not if that side has oil or means to defend itseld. NATO is like a dying sick tiger, which only attacks that prey that cannot come back and hurt it in some way. Oh yeah - you can make excuses to attack anyone - whether its "genocide", "axis of evil", "WMDs", "terrorists", "communists", "gangsters" - take your pick. One can make excuses to attack just about anyone, especially with the help of the media.

Why is it that Americans question the war in Iran and Vietnam, and not Yugoslavia? Is it only because it hurts when you see your soldiers being massacred in mass, and yet you cannot care less as long as your sons come home with no missing limbs? Westerners seem to be very picky about what they "question and protest" with conspiracy theories and the like and what they put up with blindly.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by maloy]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Hi/
These prophecies are related to religion........Just in case I get....'not another religious prophecy'
There are lots of Greek Language posts about S.Kosmas, and Elder Paisios, but not many of the English language available....
Concerning prophecy?
I have written many prophecies concerning Russia, Kosovo and the Balkans.....

Also Map of THE END

ATS thread on prophecy

Russia and Prophecy in the end of times.

more posts to do with...

also here

On S.t Kosmas prophecies

There is one page in Greek that I did not put here, but if you want, I can translate it if you want!

helen

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Mate, what can I say. Very well said and I agree with it all. Milosevic as bad as he was did indeed have a head on his soldiers and to avoid implicating other world leaders in the illegal acts against Serbia under the UN charter and laws etc etc etc, they "off'd" him at their convinience.

I have relatives who served under the former Yugoslav army many decades ago, and back then what they saw in regards to ammunition stockpiles and underground bases and the like, they just laughed as NATO was bombing Serbia, as they said, Serbia is letting them bomb Serbia.

The former Yugoslavia had a very strong military yet they decided not to fully defend themselves.....why?

www.globalsecurity.org...

The Yugoslav Army (JA / VJ) and its predecessor, the Yugoslav Peoples Army (YPA), also referred to as the Yugoslav National Army (JNA), led the armed services in personnel. In 1990, the army had 140,000 active-duty soldiers (including 90,000 conscripts) and could mobilize nearly 450,000 trained reservists in wartime.

I do beleive that this time it'll be different, NATO has no business in Kosovo. Why dont they allow the Basque seperatists in Spain autonomy????

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hi There,

Normally, I am not one for entertaining unfoundered scenarios of what might potentially be, but with regard to Russia's more agressive stance towards the West militarily, with its opposition towards the US's deployment of missile systems in and around the Balkans, with its re-starting of making fly-bys on the edges of other country's air spaces, forcing countries to send up planes to intercept, and now with showing a flexing of military muscle with its exercises, one can see (hopefully by not misinterpretating things) the cause for concern with regard to the political situation in Kosovo.

Today, Monday, sees the expiration of a important deadline for an agreement to be reached in Kosovo, and none has been reached. The Albanians have stated they might just go ahead and declare full independence, the Serbs (and I would think Russia, too) are against this happening. So is it all coincidence that Russia happens to have taken up the more agressive stance, and just happens to be conducting military exercises in the Med on and around this important date?

What we have here is perhaps a little heat that could easily catch into a flame, which in turn could cause a conflagaration. This needs watching, for if things do kick off, they could do so with rapidity and surprise.

top topics

join