It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Mission to the Moon: Odyssey Moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What do people think of this proposal from Odyssey Moon to land a robot and rover there by 2012?

They are the first team to register for Google's Lunar X $30M Prize Competition, dated 6th December 2007.

It seems that The Planetary Society are also lending support.

While the thought of a private enterprise group reaching the Moon is warming, I have my doubts that their rocket will ever see lunar orbit.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Too late, by 2012 earth will be destroyed

Seriously, this seems to be a really interesting proyect.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I have my doubts that their rocket will ever see lunar orbit.

You might be right, such things are incredibly difficult.

The team to watch will be Red Whittakers. He's the robotics wiz from CMUs Robotics Institute

Their team has yet to announce publicly, but they've filed their intention to do so.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If not this time, then the next time, or the one after that. Space will not be explored by governments, but by humans. Exploration has always been the province of those with daring and hope and curiosity. These people have often used governments as a springboard, but in the end, it was always people.

The Lewis and Clark journey was a government job, and in many respects it paved the way to a new frontier. But the opening of the western lands was a story of trappers and prospectors and homesteaders and all the needs and desires of a varied group of individuals.

Space will be the same, on a different scale, and with different means. But it too will be more about the fulfilling of private desires than the desires of nations. So if not this time, then there will be a time, somewhere, somewhen.

new topics

top topics

join