It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lioness Adopts a young Calf:D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

We could all learn something from this video here
I find this Fasinating!
I dont know what this means to you? But Im sure everyone is going to have different thoughts about this.. Does this strike a cord with you if you are Religious? Or maybe it struck a cord becaue you simply love animals like me

Please share you're feelings about this video! I did a search for this video and didnt see a thread like this, and put it here.. I hope you all enjoy this little feel good clip!! Its good for the holidays!!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm all about banging it out in a fight usually once every two moths, owning high capacity firearms, and getting on random girls, but for real... This made me cry. I saw it on the discovery channel when they first aired it and I lost my # when the calf was dying and she was trying to make it get up and keep walking.

As for why it happened, just another confused animal, but humanity could learn a lot from this very same confusing. Polar opposites coexisting. As it should be outside of the "wild kingdom."

Life's cool.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Ahhh - packed lunch with legs, now that's smart. Food must be plentiful for the Lioness, so I suppose the longer this goes on the less chance there is she will eat it, but in harsher times (if there are any) that lil calf would be a sitting duck for either her - or other lions, which the calf will no longer have a natural fear of. Can't see that calf making it to adult hood my self - that is without human intervention which could be likely cos of the interest.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

The calf ends up dying of exposure/exhaustion. The lioness wouldn't hunt because her instincts made her stay with the calf, so they pretty much just walk around and starve. There's really interesting moments where the lioness kind of swats the butt of the calf and bites a little and licks (as to clear the fur) and she goes back into this nurturer mode. The calf actually tries to find a teat on the lioness and she lays back so it can get the milk, but she doesn't have any. One of the saddest things I've ever seen in my life.

They said she was seen doing the same thing to another stranded calf, but was never seen again shortly after that.

Yeah, so easily the most depressing special I've ever seen in my whole life. Christ.....

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
This made me cry. I saw it on the discovery channel when they first aired it and I lost my # when the calf was dying and she was trying to make it get up and keep walking.
Life's cool.

Thanks for the reply Deadflagblues!! I agree when I watched this it was really late, and hit me in the heart

I understand that the little calf wouldnt make it to long, but just the idea that a lioness would kick into materal mode and take care of it the best she could, presay just eating it for lunch...

Thats what I love about women, is that deep rooted care for all living things no matter what!!!
This was the first time I saw this.. I didnt know it was aired on national TV.. But happy to hear the word got out!!
Sorry if this was just reposting something everyone has seen before..
A first for me!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
That's calf's gonna be a legend in antelope circles!

Sorry to say I don't think it'll be long before a male comes and makes antelope tartar out of it.

Edit: Whoops.......didn't watch the very end!

Peace

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Huh, I just watched the movie, assuming it was the one I had seen originally..
And it's not.

I wonder how much this happens in nature. There was a hour long, maybe even two hour long documentary about the same thing. Although, 10 times more sad, because I actually laughed at the end of this one.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Here's a story you should like then.
The tiger who adopted a litter of piglets

Awww!

top topics

join