It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Kenyan authorities are battling swarms of locusts, which are reported to have damaged crops.
A BBC correspondent says it is the first time such large numbers have been seen in Kenya for 45 years.
Locust swarms have been spotted in many areas in the Horn of Africa, but it is the first time since the early 1960s that large concentrations have moved into Kenya, our reporter says.
THE TEN PLAGUES AGAINST EGYPT AND THEIR FALSE GODS.
1. BLOOD - against HAPI the Nile God, the sustainer of life.
2. FROGS - against HEQT the Harvest God, who brought fruitfulness.
3. LICE - for PHARAOH a Man God, who stood for Egyptian purity.
4. FLIES - against the God UATCHIT, the oppressor of Egypt's enemies
5. CATTLE DISEASED - against their God PTAH, the animal protector.
6. BOILS -against their God SEKHMET, the bringer of health.
7. HAIL - against their God NUT, the sustainer of the skies.
8. LOCUSTS - against the God ANUBUS, the protector of their crops.
9. DARKNESS - against the sun God RA, who brought light and warmth.
10. FIRSTBORN SLAIN - against their God OSIRIS, Lord of the Underworld.
Somewhere between three and five million years ago, a massive swarm of locusts took off from the west coast of Africa and made an unlikely voyage across the Atlantic Ocean to colonize the New World, says an international team of researchers.
CAIRO, Egypt (AP) _ In an echo of the biblical plagues, millions of locusts swarmed into northern Egypt on Wednesday for the first time in 50 years, prompting authorities to order emergency pesticide spraying to protect the region's important agriculture industry.
Originally posted by stompk
A sign of the times?