It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 1978 UFO Sighting, Witnessed Also By My Parents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is pasted here from a post elsewhere, from long ago and far away. It is the most extensive account I have ever written of what me and my mom and stepdad witnessed in 1978. This was not a distant light, it was a clearly visible craft which hovered almost directly over our heads at a very low altitude. There is absolutely no conventional explanation possible for what we saw. Whether it was human-created (as I now suspect) or ET, the implications are huge either way. Actually, I think the implications are in some ways bigger if some human agency has had this technology since at least 1978.

I am posting this only for your interest, not because I think it proves anything at all. In the end, as far as the reader is concerned, it is only a story. If you don't believe my story and want some kind of proof, don't waste your time or mine. All you have is my word, my mother's word (if you're determined to get it), and possibly her ex-husband's. None of which adds up to proof.

For myself, though, the world has never been the same since that night. I don't have to wonder if UFOs are real, only who makes them and why they operate mostly in secret. It's a very bizarre thing to KNOW absolutely that UFOs are real, and to see how the fact is related to by my larger cultural community.

Here's my report:

It was a dark and stormy night... well, maybe not stormy, but it *was* dark. Probably around 2am. I was five, and laying in the back of my parent's van next to my sleeping sisters. We were returning to Davenport, just N. of Santa Cruz on Hwy. 1, from a trip up to Mendocino to look for a place to move to.

I felt the van pull over off the road, and then heard my mom and step-dad talking excitedly. I went up to see what the fuss was about, being a very curious five year old.

They were looking out over the headlands, at a VERY bright light that was hovering in the air over the surf.

We got out of the van and watched it. As we watched, it started moving slowly toward us. It kept coming on, and at a certain point it was close enough and low enough that I could see a sort of "cockpit" on the front. Through the window I could see a large ball of red light, which pulsed slowly in and out, at about the rate of breathing. It got brighter and bigger, and then smaller and dimmer.

We watched it as it came toward us, and were puzzled that as close and large as it was, we could hear no engines. It was dead silent. It got closer and closer, until it was almost directly over our heads, not more than 100 feet in the air (could have been more like 50), and then stopped over us. Still completely silent. We could hear the crickets, the ocean waves, the breeze, but not a sound from the craft. Not even a hum. It was about 40 feet in diameter, circular or a nearly circular oval, and had tiny wings on either side, which were far too small to provide lift, like an airplane. It had one large, opalescent white light on the bottom, in the center, and smaller white lights around that.

We all just stood there agape, completely mesmerized by the thing. I remember thinking, "spaceship!"

It hovered over us for a time. It could have been a minute, it might have been a few minutes. Then it moved slowly and silently on in the direction it had been going. It flew over the American flag on the Davenport cement plant, and over the stand of Eucalyptus behind that.

Then it picked up speed, and in a very surreal way that I remember as looking like a strange combination of instantaneous and slow motion, it kind of "warped", and then turned into a streak of light and shot over the horizon in under a second (yes, very like the opening sequence of Star Trek), still completely silent.

I hadn't talked to my mom about it in detail since then, other than just mentioning it to each other now and then, but recently I asked her to tell me everything she remembered as best she could, without telling her what *I* remembered. Her description matched my memory perfectly.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
hmmm, an interesting story. all i can say is it iss unidentified, so that makes it a UFO

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
was there any missing time ?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by area51videoz
was there any missing time ?

No missing time, no.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Interesting indeed! Certainly a CE2 atleast.
Did you file this case with any of the UFO orgs? Perhaps there were other spectators who saw this? While, to you, no further corroboration may be necessary, more witness testimony is always better .... just a thought.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by vimanaboy
I don't have to wonder if UFOs are real, only who makes them and why they operate mostly in secret. It's a very bizarre thing to KNOW absolutely that UFOs are real
Interesting story,In your opinion what do you think they are?interstellar spacecraft or secret technology?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
While it was above you, do you or your mom remember feeling any static electricity?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
Interesting indeed! Certainly a CE2 atleast.
Did you file this case with any of the UFO orgs? Perhaps there were other spectators who saw this? While, to you, no further corroboration may be necessary, more witness testimony is always better .... just a thought.

No, I was only 5 at the time, and my parents didn't even know there were such things as MUFON, etc.

It was late at night and I don't remember any traffic, so I doubt there were any other witnesses besides the three of us.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by vimanaboy]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon2
Interesting story,In your opinion what do you think they are?interstellar spacecraft or secret technology?

As I stated in my post, I lean towards thinking they were secret projects.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
While it was above you, do you or your mom remember feeling any static electricity?

No, neither of us heard or felt anything unusual.

new topics

top topics

join