It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
"Real Fear" thats what I call it. I am not talking about watching a horror movie and being scared. I am talking about the dark feeling that you cannot run away from that consumes your being. you feel paralyzed or there is no hope and you cannot react to any other stimuli. like you are in a living nightmare.

I have only experienced this a few times. the first i remember was before i went to sleep one day. i saw zodiac like images go in a cycle and a substance would grow. it was like a story. my plans to sleep that night ended. another time was during a movie about souls being taken away. the movie itself was cheezy and looked cheep but something triggered that fear. the other times i felt fear where either before, during or after dreams so i dont really count those.

so how many are willing to face their fears and what they were triggered by?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I believe I know what you mean. I will be doing the most day to day, mundane tasks when suddenly I am struck by a unique pang which is clearly distinguishable from all the other random emotions constantly barging through my head. I would describes it as a feeling of weakness coupled with an extreme sense of deja vu. It almost feels like a deeply repressed memory has been triggered which evokes this fear, but it is one that I can never fully grasp. The feelings usually subside in 10 to 20 minutes but I always shaken when they happen.

I think it is likely that somewhere along the line I encountered something which rattled my world and was so shocking that I retain no memory of it. It would explain a lot of psychological and physiological symptoms I have. Since the repressed memory was put to me by a psychiatrist rather then my own mind, I feel that it may hold some weight. Maybe one day I will figure out where these feelings of primal fear come from and what keeps triggering them.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
thank you for posting. that is the kind of answers i am looking for. I hope you find the triggers that set off this fear.

new topics

join