It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(hollow earth) I plan to go to the hollow earth

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If anyone wishes to try to put together a trip to "Hollow Earth", you'd probably be better off making your own thread for it. This thread is rather old at this point, being initially authored in 2008, and the OP doesn't seem too interested in discussing it any more. If anyone does want the OP's opinion, try PMing them. They at least are still an active lurker on here, their profile says this:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't know if you have already attempted to go to hollow earth already but, if you have not attempted to go yet, please consider me. I would love to go and I could be of a lot of use. I have studied for a long time to plan to go to the hollow earth and I am going no matter what it takes. please contact me back asap to see where you are in this venture. Thank you and speak to you soon.

My-key B.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Although I find it to be highly, and I mean highly, improbably that the earth is hollow, I do agree that it is quite an interesting theory (or more than likely, a work of fiction.)

In regards to the OP, although I think that your cause is noble and would be in agreement with many famed men in the age of exploration; in this day and age, I feel like you will be going through a lot of trouble for naught. An expedition of any kind (or really, anything these days) requires money, boatloads of it. If you think you are going to journey to the North Pole on the salary of anything less than a CEO you are going to be sorely disappointed. Even scholars (scientists, archeologists, historians) who have a valid reason to go to the North Pole or someplace remote have a hard time finding the funding, because there are just not a lot of institutions or moguls willing to shell out the cash for something that doesn't yield in a return on investment. I have read articles time and time again of trailblazers searching for a lost relic, or proof of this or that of some sort of fringe science/reality who quickly run out of funding when they fail do deliver results. Moreover, in your case, you are likely to find a whole lot of frozen waste land and nothing else, how are you going to convince someone to fund your cause when in reality they are giving you money to gallivant into the Arctic for sake of a crack theory? I admit that there are very rich individuals out there looking to throw their money away, but its highly unlikely to say the least that they would want to fund your cause.

It's been said the discretion is the better part of Valor,nevertheless, have you even considered what could happen if you indeed found an entrance to the center of the earth? Now, for sake of discussion lets say there is a civilization in the center of the earth? And they have spent eons keeping their society well hidden from us "surface dwellers"; why on earth (no pun intended) would they all of a sudden be like "Oh? We have some intruders? Well why don't you come on down and have some tea and we can discuss the mysteries of the universe?". More than likely, they will be fiercely defensive of their little internal world. Can you imagine what would happen if people found out about another society of humanoids (or otherwise) inside the earth? There would be people who want to destroy it, there would be people who would want to exploit it for capital gain and there would be some people who want to go check it out just for a "Vacation". On top of that, what happens when you introduce your bacteria and pathogens to this humanoid/whatever civilization that practically lives in a self contained "biodome"? Same thing that happened to many natives in the new world who made contact with Westerners.....they died or vice versa.

So assuming that you make your way in, and that the creatures living on the inside of the earth (lets say there are) make contact with you....you will likely be a. Killed on the spot or b. taken prisoner. This of course, is assuming that you make it unscathed through the governmental checkpoints, harsh arctic climate and trek to get to what you assume to be the entrance.

But those are just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenCross

If its the hollow Earth of most supposed accounts, then the people are apparently quite nice and something of a utopia there. Disease, being one thing that would not be an issue it would seem. And that they allow some outer Earthers to visit or stay sometimes.
Most accounts are pretty far-fecthed, backed up with nothing, are from the cousin or a friends uncle etc, so... pretty much a hollow Earth like its alleged a big hole up North, inner sun, continents etc, seems a bit out there.

Topic is old, but, I have read up so much on hollow Earth, or I prefer inner Earth, as I tend to lean more towards having vast underground caverns, to small hidden caves that once housed ancient civilisations and tribes. I don't really know about intelligent beings, underground, but it'd be a amazing thing, and even creepy going by some stories.
I prefer to focus on claims and accounts of caves and places that have potential, or do, exist. I'll post a few links I've gathered, some more believable (not necessarily true) and the opposite.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

eniar

If its the hollow Earth of most supposed accounts, then the people are apparently quite nice and something of a utopia there. Disease, being one thing that would not be an issue it would seem. And that they allow some outer Earthers to visit or stay sometimes.
Most accounts are pretty far-fecthed, backed up with nothing, are from the cousin or a friends uncle etc, so... pretty much a hollow Earth like its alleged a big hole up North, inner sun, continents etc, seems a bit out there.

Topic is old, but, I have read up so much on hollow Earth, or I prefer inner Earth, as I tend to lean more towards having vast underground caverns, to small hidden caves that once housed ancient civilisations and tribes. I don't really know about intelligent beings, underground, but it'd be a amazing thing, and even creepy going by some stories.
I prefer to focus on claims and accounts of caves and places that have potential, or do, exist. I'll post a few links I've gathered, some more believable (not necessarily true) and the opposite.

I dont understant the Logic behind the sentence
"If its the hollow Earth of most supposed accounts, then the people are apparently quite nice and something of a utopia there."

Why?
So, if the earth was hollow, would the people be nice? (apparently?) and they would go create an utopia down there??

1st. the logic is wrong.
2nd. there is no evidence to a hollow earth. All that's available is tales by new age woo woos.

People Living in caves
or
people carving out underground cities (like in cappadocia - Kayamakli or Derinkuyu) & living in them

DOESN'T mean the earth is Hollow.

It just means there are cavities in the earth - natural and man made.

Caves don't hide civilization. Caves hide a few persons or to the maximum a small tribe.

Any object, substance transmits the forces applied to it.
Seismic waves (don't say that you folks don't believe that seismic eaves don't exist. they do) pass through
different materials or substances or strata differently.
Just like sonic waves pass through different materials differently.
Well study of seismic waves have proved that the strata through which the waves pass through are basically solid (which is the crust, mantle & inner core) and liquid (at the outer core)

All that is proven science. unless you can disprove it, then shut the trap.

So, since the Earth can be said to be solid and not hollow, what the heck are these folks talking about a hollow earth??

If you want more scientific proof, here you go

Actually if you ask a geologist and they say "we think" earth is hollow they should request their money back for their degree. They will say "we think such and such is at the core", but not that the earth is hollow, baring they are crazy.

Actually were are going to do two things. First we are going to calculate the weight of the earth with good ol newton.

So I am going to assume you are familiar with Newton's equation for the force exerted by two objects upon each other.

equation 1: F*=G(m1m2)/R2

So G is the universal constant for gravitation.( 6.67 x 10-11 m3/kg s2), So from now on when I use G, I am going to be referring to that number.

Knowing that,
equation 2: F=m2a we will plug that into equation 1 for F*

equation 3: m2a=G(m1m2)/R2

Now for this, m1 is the mass of the Earth, m2 is the mass of an object on the surface of the Earth, a is the acceleration of that object near earths surface which we know to be 9.8 m/s2.

I am going to assume that you have basic algebra skills and can solve for m1 in equation 2.
And we end up with this.

m1=aR2/G

So now our only problem is finding the R, which is radius of the earth. Now to save time, and my fingers, I am going to give the radius of the earth, 6.38x106 meters. If you are interested in calculating the R of the earth using shadows on your own click HERE

Anywho, back to the problem at hand, now that we have all the varriables lets plug and chug.

m1=[(9.8 m/s2)(6.38x106 m)2]/ 6.67 x 10-11 m3/kg s2, solving we get the mass of the earth me= 5.98x1024 kg.

Now that is heavy! Far to heavy to be hallow, but lets not stop here.

We have our trust old density equation D=M/V.

Now since we have calculated the mass and we did (well faked) our shadow experiment to find the radius, R we can solve for the density of earth.

We need to remember how to find volume of a sphere, (heres a good point to clarify notation, for Pi we will use p), (4/3)pR3

So plugging it all in we get

D=(5.98x1024 kg)/((4/3)p(6.38x106 m)3 and we get?

5497.3 Kg/m3 which we can quickly convert to the standard density unit g/cm3, and have 5.497 g/cm3

Great but what does this tell us?

Well for one we know that the most rocks on the surface of the earth have the density 2.7 g/cm3, water is approximately 1 g/cm3 and Earths upper mantel (peridotite) is about 3.4 g/cm3.

This tells us that the center cannot be hollow and actually has to be something much more dense.

Now we can test this experimentally as well and will be doing so shortly many mechanisms using Neutrinos have been proposed and while they may not match our radial based density calculation I am sure they are not going to support the "Hollow earth" theory.

Anyway here is one example.
Probing the absolute density of the Earth’s core using a vertical neutrino beam

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Hey Coredrill don't you believe in Magic?

Dik El My, Hiyyeh My. Arabic for (Pound The Water and It Remains Water)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You and your science...that's so cute.

If the energy released by an earthquake is of sufficient magnitude to be audible then it has an effect on the physical world, what if one of those effects is the temporary displacement of the particles separating realities?

If we assume that multiple realities exist then there would need to be some wall of energy separating them, and like all walls, they sometimes fall into disrepair. They constant release of energy by earthquakes and volcanoes could be enough to disrupt these "walls", tearing holes in them or shredding their structural foundation so that they only exist during those brief periods when energy is once more released into the natural environment.

If you know every reason that it cannot exist then you have nothing to lose by going yourself right?

edit on 28-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thorneblood

If the energy released by an earthquake is of sufficient magnitude to be audible then it has an effect on the physical world, what if one of those effects is the temporary displacement of the particles separating realities?
If you know every reason that it cannot exist then you have nothing to lose by going yourself right?

Better yet you go and come back with the evidence and tell us ALL about it.

It'll save time
edit on 28/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

That's not very open minded or adventurous, but o.k.
I was thinking Crater Lake....

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

How about you get to Hollow Earth from the *censored*??

See Dinosaurs!!
edit on 28-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: censor for humor

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

eniar

That's what they WANT you to think.

But where do you think they get steaks for their BBQs?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I guess i'm the only one that wants to go all Indiana Jones on this adventure and find some strange lost world hidden in mists of possibility. "What if" has set us across the great seas and founded the essence of our culture, "What if" has shown us how to fly amongst the clouds and kiss the face of heaven. If believing that years of violent releases of energy weakened the walls between realities is crazy, then thank you for my medicine sir...will you please turn on the cartoons?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

I think many people here will tell you the entrance is at the North Pole. That is not so, according to many reports. Some reports that the North entrance is around Alaska.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Come on, we can fight snake men and ant people. Ride dinosaurs with bigfoots and wild men!
We can kill Nazi's! Be Heroes!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I just got back from Inner Earth a few hours ago. What do you want to know?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

How long did it take the snake men to clone you and delete the source material before returning you to Earth to begin your subversive quest for continued domination of our sad, parasitical race?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Well it took about 2.5 hours and the entrance in around the excavation site. You must first obtain the source material to build the ancient staff of elements under the excavation site. Once this is accomplished you can head down to Agartha and fight the evil zombie snake people and steal their souls within the staff.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Did you take the Mammoth Cave entrance or Mt. Shasta?
I want a short travel time, ya know get there and just really explore the environment.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thorneblood

If we assume that multiple realities exist then there would need to be some wall of energy separating them, and like all walls, they sometimes fall into disrepair. They constant release of energy by earthquakes and volcanoes could be enough to disrupt these "walls", tearing holes in them or shredding their structural foundation so that they only exist during those brief periods when energy is once more released into the natural environment.

1st of all, please provide something to establish that separate realities do exist.
and what does all that new age woo woo hooey got to do with a hollow earth that doesn't even exist? something explainable by science and not some sheer what if analogy.

maybe. maybe there was a separate reality in which thorneblood wouldn't be a troll and actually read up science and know about our planet. wouldn't that be cute too???

and btw..the computer you had used to write all that silly hooey is a product of science.
Aint that so ironic and cute?
go figure!
edit on 28/9/13 by coredrill because: to add..some cute stuff. dont you agree?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I can't really disclose that but I can tell you it snows often and it's near an abandoned church. There is actually an old German tank still operational there.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join